My creation:Dune 5000

Dr.Mocha

Does anyone know how to add extra units to the game?

They added grenadier an extra sardukar and a stealth raider

How did they do it?

I want to add my own special soldier to my moderation that comes with my icon.

It's imposible.

Adding units imposible. For icons u need r8 and r16 editing programs, which don't exist now..Dunno about sprites, u mean the way a unit looks right? That may work by editing the pics from.UI_GFX but i'm not 100% sure.

• Upvote 2

Oh and just one more thing: Atradies are actually spelled Atreides, while Tilaxu are actually Tleilaxu ;)

Also, I noticed that you used my version of text.uib from the mercenary campaign. You should change those details, at the version number.

• Upvote 2

Oh and just one more thing: Atradies are actually spelled Atreides, while Tilaxu are actually Tleilaxu ;)

Also, I noticed that you used my version of text.uib from the mercenary campaign. You should change those details, at the version number.

Sorry about that...I can take it out if you want.

I could not resist your a genius at these things.

I mispelled the words on purpose because it shows the slang that i speak just like a classic scientist who replaces th and s with z

Example: za plaztec zurgery waz a zuccezz!

Very related

• Upvote 2

I have bin noticing people saying that house ordos sucks...

Actually house ordos in my version is the first house to wipe out all the other houses while they use very little money doing so

It is also very hard to lose power in the house ordos and they only need 1 power plant to supply a intire base.

In my version the walls for house ordos can defend their selves with a Machine gun.

Still think they suck because they dont have any air brigade?

They may not be strong in hp but they are in fire power...they are the only ones with an invisible weapon.

They dont rely on armour but they do like things to be quick and easy to reach...

they have the fastest unit ground units ingame along and saboteurs can now attack other units...

Their combat tanks can defend agiants air strike if you have an pasific amount...

So really house ordos does not suck...but they have weaknesses just like the other houses

The harkonnen is exspenses, speed, in power usages,and building rates...Strong in Hitpoints, armour, damage, fire rate, prices, and infantry defence, powerful walls, and Death Hand Missiles

:::4 weakness, 8 strengths

Atradies Building hp, and agiants their own units...Strong agiants their own resourses such as air strike, prices, armour, speed, air brigade, prices, infantry defence, and Damage

:::2 weakness, 8 strengths

Ordos is weak in hp and armour...Strong in damages, speed, range, prices, building rates,fire rates, stealth,infantry defence, prices, and power usage

:::2 weakness, 8 strengths

So all houses are equal in strengths

Almost every RTS has "bosses".

But when is an unit a boss unit? Or just strong?

For that I always like to put things into perspective. The cheapest usable unit compared to the unit in question.

For example. Dune 2000: Light Infantry €50 compared to Devastator €1050. A factor 21.

While in C&C dawn: It's Mini Gunner €100 and Mammoth Tank €1500. A factor 15.

The Devastator is more that of a boss then the Mammoth Tank of C&C Dawn.

The question here of course is. What is the factor between the boss units that DR.Mocha has created compared to the cheapest units.

For the Atreides Boss, I suggest some sort of Missile Launcher that fires volleys of about 12 Missiles over great distance. They should have some sort of inaccuracy for a spreading of doom. There also should be a minimum range. So back it up ^^. I am sure you can balance it out.

Yes I know WC3. There are several reasons regarding the game play. Why people don't like it. It got worse with the Frozen Throne.

You have 1 army, and you win or die with it. 1 battle each game.

I prefer maps where the creeps are balanced and where bases are easier protected. Therefore people have to apply tactics. And it wont stay with just 1 assault.

And some units in WC3/FT are just OP anyway. Even amongst the hero's there are some really useless ones.

What would a good boss unit mean to a game? What would it require?

- A weak spot, just like all other units.

- A strong spot, just like all other units.

- The chosen ones for destroying the boss unit, should have a good chance at it. For example, long ranged units are protected by cheaper meat units.

- Most boss units are slow and can be out ranged by something.

And not all people know this. But any structure that can shoot, is a unit that cannot move. Or a defensive structure. This includes high tech structures with ion cannon or nukes. I consider them to be defensive boss structures. And the price often indicates why it is a boss unit.