Kwisatz hadarach is nice, but this is a major bug

Harkonna

I like kwisatz haderach, but i also want 2 play Emperor normal. so i needed to un-instal kwisatz haderach, it has a nice readme, well done, let's read, aha  must delete these 3 files, oke done, deleted, now start the game: "Kwisatz haderach, unnofial emperor expension pack" WTF? hurry, singleplayer, huh?! house corrino?! oke, i am house corrino, play, gogogo, loading screen: "kwisatz haderach unnoficial emperor expension pack" o ow... when i start, i have artreides units. WTF is going on here?! i thought i had de-installed the mod, do me a favor, it's un-installed, but only the rules.ini is normal again! how to fix this?!

H A R K O N N A

P.S. the switcher won't work either

okay, what happened is that there is a file in the /movies section labeled legals.bik, this replace the westwood logos. So on the emperor install disk, reload legals.bik. But why didn't you just use the KH switch program made by Ghosty?

From what you said, I think you forgot to remove the 3ddata an/or Strings folder.

You can use my switch, but make sure it's in the EmperorDATA folder. Unfortunatelly, the switch doesn't remove the KH video, so you'll have to replace it by hand with the legals.bik from your CD.

The v2.00 switch will take care of the video and the music as well.

That's okay Frodo, I got more credit than I deserved for version 1 anyway.

what if youd rather have the KH video rather than the crapy-lamo-game abandoning suck-nuts logo of WW? and how will the switch affect the music of the ppl that have edited their bag? (in my case i have replace the corrino tracks for all my houses... what can i say im biased ;D)

i think swith will tell game which bag to play and when ppl dl new songs they just make a new bag (useing a bagtool) and use a given specific name to save as. They will also need a new commonmusic text at that time too... but am not 100% sure... he will explain.   ;D

The bag files cannot be changed on installation or by use of the switch - they can only be edited manually.
Well, bag files can be Modified on Installation.

I thougth the only way to do anything to a bagfile (other than rename) was with a bagtool.  How can a bagfile be edited on instalation if the person desnt even have a bagtool?

:-/  now im really confused  :-/

I was thinking of making a new bag file and then making the switch change between the original and the new one.

Of course, since Djcid has made so many new tracks, the music will be a separate download from the mod.

Well, you are right about the Bag Tool. But, if we have the Music already put into a Bag, in the downloaded Zip, set to extract to the EmperorDataMusic folder. It will overwrite the old one, causing a time-space rift, or, as I like to call it, a new peice of lost data. But the new Music will work.

im not 100% on this but,  i dont know if you want to make the music into a bag for dl... it seems that when placeing the music in the bag when saving the file size is increased... why i dont know, maybe its some sort of encrypting or something im just not sure.  will take some more looking into. but a nother not if you but all the songs in one bag it would be HUGE anyway u may just want to let them dl one at a time keeping each track seperat then let them make a new bag or something  :-/ ;D

okay, what happened is that there is a file in the /movies section labeled legals.bik, this replace the westwood logos. So on the emperor install disk, reload legals.bik. But why didn't you just use the KH switch program made by Ghosty?

i got that before it, and it woul'nd work, trowed it away, and dowloaded it again after the crash, and than it dind't work either...

H A R K O N N A

right, because the switch can't change the legals.bik file. That was my mistake. But the switch will change the model, 3ddata, and strings folder. If you loaded the music or movie, than you will have to reload them. But I don't know why you would want the westwood logos anyway.