HELP! TibEd error ---> unable to implement changes without crashing

Murphalot

Hey guys!

First of all, I'd like to express my appreciation of finding this living, breathing D2K community in the curious corners of the interwebz, so thank you for being here.

This is the unfortunate issue i am having:

Once i have saved the TibEd changes to my Dune 2000 directory, i open the game, set up a practice/skirmish, and upon pressing the "START" button, the game crashes and displays the following error message:

"SIDE.CPP

MyVersionOfUnit didn't find a unit [ gGameTicks = 0 ]"

post-23835-0-15233800-1345590391_thumb.j

i've included the attached picture.

Other details are:

• I have a No-CD torrent version
  • Patched with a cracked No-CD 1.06 Patch
  • Windows Vista 64-bit home edition
  • TibEd version is TibEd Professional v1.71

Everything is clean though. Virus/Trojan free. Game runs as smooth as butter and the patch is not the problem, nor is Vista. Game directory is accurate.

TibEd doesn't seem to be implementing the changes to the game directory properly. I can't even change one single number on a unit or building with it being successfully integrated into the game. Never works.

Please help.

Thank you!

Hey guys!

First of all, I'd like to express my appreciation of finding this living, breathing D2K community in the curious corners of the interwebz, so thank you for being here.

This is the unfortunate issue i am having:

Once i have saved the TibEd changes to my Dune 2000 directory, i open the game, set up a practice/skirmish, and upon pressing the "START" button, the game crashes and displays the following error message:

"SIDE.CPP

MyVersionOfUnit didn't find a unit [ gGameTicks = 0 ]"

post-23835-0-15233800-1345590391_thumb.j

i've included the attached picture.

Other details are:

• I have a No-CD torrent version
  • Patched with a cracked No-CD 1.06 Patch
  • Windows Vista 64-bit home edition
  • TibEd version is TibEd Professional v1.71

Everything is clean though. Virus/Trojan free. Game runs as smooth as butter and the patch is not the problem, nor is Vista. Game directory is accurate.

TibEd doesn't seem to be implementing the changes to the game directory properly. I can't even change one single number on a unit or building with it being successfully integrated into the game. Never works.

Please help.

Thank you!

It's very nice to see this topic, cuz i started to have this issue a week ago, when i changed PC. The fact is that first, it didnt crash the game for me, i just got this: http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/24267-dune-pre-release-ui-found-it-while-editing-deviator-in-tibed/. But after 1 or 2 days, everything i change causes the game to crash. I used TibEd on the other PC without any problem. Have really no idea what is causing it.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

The exception means that isn't set "UnitBehavior" in Tibed for all units - some unit not have UnitBehavior or set duplicate UnitBehavior from other mistakenly.
For example, if you change UnitBehavior from Quad to MCV, than game will not find Quad unit and appears exeption.

UnitBehavior located here: "Units" - "Quad (for example)" - "General #2 (tab)" - "UnitBehavior".