[RELEASE] Mercenary Campaign - Keep 'em Coming!

Feda

Hello guys! Finally, I've finished the new Mercenary Campaign , and also named it. If u are asking why is it "keep 'em coming", read the ReadMe.txt file from the pack (you'll have to do it anyway, for instructions installing all the stuff which is included - the pack contains the New Atreides Campaign created by me too, as well as the Mission Select Mod and Subhouses fix patch created by mvi).

Please report any bugs, or imposible to complete missions. Last 2 missions will require some skill to complete, on hard and medium :P easy mode is still easy!

Please enjoy the campaign! I'm waiting feedback :)

Mercenary Campaign - Keep 'em coming.zip

• Upvote 4

I'am playing now. I think this is good campaing. now I finished Mission 1 . But mission 2 crashed . Error with vehicle data ( gGame tickks = ! ) . I'am waiting for mission 2 :) thankssss aka

EDİT : mission 4 crashed. mission 3 is is very easy. did you try it ? :)

I'am playing now. I think this is good campaing. now I finished Mission 1 . But mission 2 crashed . Error with vehicle data ( gGame tickks = ! ) . I'am waiting for mission 2 :) thankssss aka

EDİT : mission 4 crashed. mission 3 is is very easy. did you try it ? :)

As I wrote in the readme, all missions were tested and no one crashed for me :) Make sure u follow all the instructions from the readme file, as well as that the game is not modded in any way. Have no idea whats the problem with the veh data in mission 2, may be because of a modification with tibed, or an old one, even if restated to original. (mission 4 doesnt crash for me too). Btw, I suggest to use the Mission Select mod if a mission crashes, and always select version 1 of maps. In the campaign selection screen u dont know very good which one is version 1.

Well, as long as it is mission 3, I dont see a reason for it to be that hard :D Wait for missions 8 and 9, if u want something hard, go ahead ad u will like those 2 :P Also, playing the campign on Easy difficulty setting is bullshit, play it at least on medium if not hard :P .

Anyway ty for bug reports even that they dont exist for me. Maybe someone else will confirm it?

Nice work with the campagin, im going to start making a Sardaukar campagin when I get the mood.

Nice.

@dj, mission 2 and 4 are interesting, more interesting than 1 and 3, how the heck could the game crash exactly on those 2? :( .Still crashes? If yes, then tell me the exact error, including gGameTicks value. NodFan, can u please try them and see if they crash for you?

Mission 2, 4, 6 , crashed. another missions I finished. I like it. mission 7 good idea. I enjoyed it :) and mission 8-9 really hard. Mission 8 like this smugglers time based ( mission 1 ) :D very hard. But I finished :) all of them very good. And I will prepare the video for crashed missions okey :)

EDİT : game ticks 1 ?

EDİT 2 : but mission 6 after a long time it crashed ? I don't finish game ticks 18576

Mission 2, 4, 6 , crashed. another missions I finished. I like it. mission 7 good idea. I enjoyed it :) and mission 8-9 really hard. Mission 8 like this smugglers time based ( mission 1 ) :D very hard. But I finished :) all of them very good. And I will prepare the video for crashed missions okey :)

EDİT : game ticks 1 ?

EDİT 2 : but mission 6 after a long time it crashed ? I don't finish game ticks 18576

I have no idea whats wrong with those errors, honestly. Nobody else complained yet. I'll share it with some guys from retrOnline and see if it crashes for them too.. missons 2 4 and 6 have all some special stuff in it, its so weird how it crashes exactly on the most interesting missions :D Can you tell me the names of the errors? not only gGameTicks?

Yeah but in smugglers time based u cant purchase MCV. Here u can :) and even capture the High-Tech to gain airstrike, but thats not a priority. Did u play them on medium or easy? or hard?

Btw, thanks :D

Mission 2 crashed for me as soon as I start it closed and the Dune 2000 page still shows it's just like it's minimized and stage 4 crashed as soon as I get the first starport reinforcements I haven't tried mission 6 yet but I will after I do 5 to see if it crashes then too when it crashes it just minimizes the page the page goes black and another page opens that says "BlitVehicles" it does nothing when I click on it it just stays there can someone help?

Mission 2 crashed for me as soon as I start it closed and the Dune 2000 page still shows it's just like it's minimized and stage 4 crashed as soon as I get the first starport reinforcements I haven't tried mission 6 yet but I will after I do 5 to see if it crashes then too when it crashes it just minimizes the page the page goes black and another page opens that says "BlitVehicles" it does nothing when I click on it it just stays there can someone help?

Please use these in ur posts: , . : ; So that its easier to read.

Then, i asked some guys from our online community, no crashes for them. Have no really freakin' idea whats the problem mate, may be something with ur game. MAKE SURE U FOLLOWED WHAT I WROTE IN THE README :)

Can u tell the error message? And I didnt understand , u said about the game being minimized, well thats not a CRASH... a crash is when the game stops working, and an error message is displayed.

MVI, if u still around here, please test the missions. :D ty mate.

What happened was, at a certain point, that the game screen went black and another screen popped up that said "BlitVehicles."

After that happened, I couldn't continue playing those missions because it was like it crashed. On mission 2, 4, and 6 all of them had that same error.

I tried to close the "BlitVehicles" screen and it just closed both screens, the BlitVehicles screen and the mission screen. I did everything it says to in the readme to the best of my ability.

I'm sorry for the lack of punctuation. I'm new to the forums. I will write more readable messages from now on. 8)

Edited 1x to be easier to read

Lols :D xD

Omg, i told mvi to test the missions, he'll do it sunday or monday, not sure. We'll see what we can do. As I said, none of them gave me errors, or any other member from our online community.. No idea, do u have version 1.06 of the game? Having 1.02 may cause errors cuz the files are from 1.06.

Don;t worry, now the post is readable ;) I just can't cope with ppl who write without any puctuation, its like reading without pause and getting mad :D

I remember having patched it a while ago. I'll try patching it again and see if it helps any and repost an edit if it helps or not.

I hope it does cuz the mission setups look really awesome. :)

Yea missions 2, 4 and 6 all three have some cool stuff in it :)

You may want to get THIS ONE , its the one we use to play multiplayer, and no crashes on it.

Great campaign! Actually, I'm at mission 6 and it makes a lot of fun. I will write a review in detail, when I finished it. I also got not crashes so far.

Cool! Thanks man :D I'm glad that u had no crashes , this feeds my theory that only ppl with 1.02 crash.

One thing i noticed is a cliff bug at mission 4 (probably wrong placed cliff)

Its north of your starting base (http://s1.directuplo...s7gix7f_jpg.htm)

Oh crap, did not notice it. Yep, it's a wrong placed cliff. I will include the fix in a further release, along with other fixes (if there are others).

EDIT: I think I'm almost sure why some ppl had crashes: the sub-houses fix patch is only for 1.06. So those with 1.02 will probably experience crashes, or the campaign wouldn't work at all. So guys, update to 1.06 ;)

Found another wrong placed cliff in mission 6. My ally used it to sneak into the enemy base and to destroy it :laugh:

http://s1.directuplo...i4dldz3_jpg.htm

When I finished mission 6, i got an error message, don't know if this happens just me. I need to replay it, to be sure it will occur again.

Error message: http://s7.directuplo...xrrh9ep_jpg.htm

Oops.. Shitty cliffs :D will be fixed in next release.

About that error message, some ppl reported it too, and if I remember well I had i too, once. Not sure why though, I checked the mission. May be because of the sub-houses fix. Remember, playing as mercenaries was never intended by westwood, so it could be quite buggy :D Maybe it's regarding the campaign map screen, idk.. Did it occur after score screen or before?

• 1 month later...

In mission 3, even I changed alliance, but the emperor keep coming and destroy my wind trap. Is it a trick?

Btw, when I busy to handle them, I won because the atredies's base was cleaned by harkonen and sardaukar. Isn't it obvious 3vs1, where 1 hold no chance against three. Btw I am playing mission 4.

In mission 3, even I changed alliance, but the emperor keep coming and destroy my wind trap. Is it a trick?

Btw, when I busy to handle them, I won because the atredies's base was cleaned by harkonen and sardaukar. Isn't it obvious 3vs1, where 1 hold no chance against three. Btw I am playing mission 4.

For me a hark trooper kept attacking walls while i was allied, see mission 3 video on my youtube channel. I'd say its a bug.

It isn't meant to be a hard mission, i said it so many times that I got tired :) and its 3v2 actually, middle base is fremen using atr index. While atr base, in the begining, needed protection, having atr more powerful than hark & emp wouldnt fit the story, would it?

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see that this got done by someone, too bad I never got to use the maps or mis files I was working on. I kept having issues with my condition logic, im not a programmer by any means, so its not easy for me to comprehend programming logic. Perhaps we could work together at some point if time permits. Cheers.

Glad to see that this got done by someone, too bad I never got to use the maps or mis files I was working on. I kept having issues with my condition logic, im not a programmer by any means, so its not easy for me to comprehend programming logic. Perhaps we could work together at some point if time permits. Cheers.

Thanks.

Sure, having a partner would help.