Dune pre-release UI - found it while editing deviator in TibEd

Feda

Hey guys, I found something very interesting, by random editing in TibEd I'd say. I was working on the Ordos Deviator, trying to make it useful for online battles (as u know, House Ordos sucks compared to the other 2). I just edited the weapon behaviour (MyIndex ) from 16 (default) to 14 (the missile tank index). Then when I tested in-game, i got this:

579377duneprereleaseui.png

Its interesting, but not of any use because the game would crash after a half a minute. Also, deviators gas looked different , was kinda purple, but I could force attack with it only 2 times, after that game started to crash every time i tried to attack with devi, so I couldnt take screenshot of that.

So they probably didnt remove them when changed UI. But i didnt have any ConYard or factory, so th sidebar should have been empty. But it is not. Weird.

I tried it on a map with buildings, on O1V1 for example. Ordos had a weird yard : Hark conyard merged with hark refinery. Also the windtrap hd the damaged image even if it was repaired.

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY managed to get this - but yes it crash game

if UI was chanegd from pre-release, they build new one and remove linking to old ui - but keep ui code?

maybe the actual r8 bits were for this what we have now, and r16 was for pre-release ui/grapchics/

as fr deelted UI , on other ui files i found that stealth was able to be toggled on or off , alot of interessing features there was, shame they not anymore.

FINALLY managed to get this - but yes it crash game

if UI was chanegd from pre-release, they build new one and remove linking to old ui - but keep ui code?

maybe the actual r8 bits were for this what we have now, and r16 was for pre-release ui/grapchics/

as fr deelted UI , on other ui files i found that stealth was able to be toggled on or off , alot of interessing features there was, shame they not anymore.

Not only toggling stealth mode, but also there was multiplayer cooperative campaign. The proof for all these is in text.uib. Also I think that it was presumed to be 8 player game, as in some .uil file about colors there are grey and one more which I don't remember.

grey and teal

to have 8player game just need edit skirmish.uil and change ai from 5 to 7 - howewer if you start game two additional AIs will have blue color like atreides

I know, look my signature, i made an 8 player patch ;) but i meant that westwood wanted it for single & multi, both, without users having to mod anything and with working colors. Btw the modded skirmish.uil does not work online, so all of us from hamachi will have to wait for a wonder :D

well theres colors for 6 players, soo how to use two additional?

oh as i remember these two missing colors are exsisting in red alert 1 ! structure placement is similar to that aswell.

i have question , big one, where the pre-release ui is stored since they cant be found in r8 and r16 files, so where they are in? maybe there is door to open and reactivate those?

Have no idea where are those pre-release things.

About colors, in campaign u ca get them by using indexes , 4 and 7 are grey and light brown. In skirmish, there are some modded cfg-s around here, which allow you to be grey and light brown. But thats all for now, enabling them in the color list , when u start the practice game, needs some coding I believe. Unless the code was just disabled and just needs re-activation :D

• 1 month later...

I think its some bug of mine, it happens when i change any unit, but only on this pc. Really weird. On other pc's I didn encounter this. Its not only cuz of that value.

this happens on my PC too, even if I just change the weapons for the units, it messes up the whole game. And even if I click remove changes to game in tibed menu the game still has messed up units and buildings, so I have to always end up reinstall D2K.

this is honestly why I hate Windows 7 soo much and I miss my XP.

this happens on my PC too, even if I just change the weapons for the units, it messes up the whole game. And even if I click remove changes to game in tibed menu the game still has messed up units and buildings, so I have to always end up reinstall D2K.

this is honestly why I hate Windows 7 soo much and I miss my XP.

Actually it happened when I had XP.