President Romney

I'm probably voting against Romney. He's probably going to win. I think that a capable administrator like him would be much better placed in somebody else's cabinet, like at secretary of defense. He could do a lot of good if he could re-organize DoD to get more bang for each tax-payer buck. However, his track record proves that he has way too much stomach for big-government interventionism to lead us away from the brink of fiscal disaster.

Living in an almost sure Obama state, and living in the Pacific time zone where I'll probably know the national outcome before my polls close, I will probably be free to vote my conscience (Libertarian).

Without a viable third party candidate that can win, our choices are limited to the two leading candidates.

As I listen to these two candidates, I don't want any more of the last three years under Obama, where so much of our freedom was lost and so many lies told.

I keep hoping some third party candidate will appear that has a chance to win. So far there is no new blood that can fill the office.

Without a viable third party candidate that can win, our choices are limited to the two leading candidates.

That's not correct. If you live in a state where the decision is going to be made for you, or if you live in a time zone where you'll know the national result before your own polls close, then you are under no pressure to vote for one of the top two. That liberates you to vote for non-viable candidates just to make a statement or put a party into contention for matching funds (which could improve their ballot access and viability in future elections) or "major" party status.

For many states, the threshold is like 5% for president to grant a party like the Libertarians major party status with ballot access in all state and congressional races in the next two elections. It's not the Whitehouse, but it's a necessary step on the long-range plan to get there someday. If nothing else, it puts pressure on the two ruling parties to slow their headlong "race to the bottom" in their "take it before it's gone" manner of governance.

Since we live in the same state, that will double our chances. But chances are, that a large number of illegal votes may still bury us.

4 years ago, I observed people being bused to vote and college age kids showing them how to register and who to vote for or against.

We were there to pick up absentee ballots as we were going to be out of town.

This time voting will be mostly electronic. So it is important for many people to vote to offset the possible hacking the of vote totals.

So far the voting rolls have included dead people, convicted criminals and animals. There is still the possible that non-citizens will be legally allowed to vote.

The tide seems to be turning strongly with Romney the closer we get.

But with the dominance of the west coast going for the Liberals, the voting during our last hour of voting may be critical for the Conservative party.

Looking toward the future may not be a choice this time around. But it would be nice to throw out the radicals in Government.

• 3 weeks later...

...it would be nice to throw out the radicals in Government.

I disagree. We should throw out the entrenched powers (like unions) and elect more radicals like Ron Paul who would sweep away unconstitutional gov't agencies and programs.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "know who your radicals are." The radicals aren't those who are clinging to power left over from the FDR administration (clinging to power is the very definition of conservatism). The radicals are the back-benchers who want to tear down the artifices of parasitic politics.

I agree with much of what you say; But, our government has fallen so deep into the cesspool of politics, it will take someone with a long ladder of support to reach up to fresh air.

I would love to see someone, who can operate independent from the decrepit nature of the two party system and restore the freedoms we have lost mostly with Obama.

If you put the political lies and truths of the two parties and mis-deeds of the courts, on a scale, Where do we place the greatest blame for the mess we are in?

Realistically, since only one of the two leading candidates will win. Voting for a third candidate with a short ladder of support at this time will be a wasted vote.

A third party vote does make a statement but it doesn't count in the final score until some future date. The future seems to be in deep trouble now.

I agree with much of what you say

Naturally. You're intelligent enough to excel at RR Tycoon after all ;)

But, our government has fallen so deep into the cesspool of politics, it will take someone...

The someone we need and the someone for whom we can vote may well be two very different people, depending on what we're offered. I have zero support, but I would be a far better president than anyone who has been nominated by either major party since Reagan (and there are probably hundreds of thousands of American citizens who could say the same thing even though many of them may not know it).

I would love to see someone, who can operate independent from the decrepit nature of the two party system and restore the freedoms we have lost

That would be me, but I could never be nominated, much less elected. I am too intelligent and too honest to ever attain elected office.

mostly with Obama.

Don't fall into demagoguery. USA Patriot was passed under Bush. Much of our economic freedom was sacrificed under FDR. Obama is a pale imitation of Carter who can't hold a candle to tyrants like FDR or LBJ.

If you put the political lies and truths of the two parties and mis-deeds of the courts, on a scale, Where do we place the greatest blame for the mess we are in?

There's no doubt: FDR is the lynch pin of the "progressive" overthrow of the US Constitution. Take away FDR, and Reagan's policies would have looked like left-wing progressivism.

Voting for a third candidate with a short ladder of support at this time will be a wasted vote.

Wrong, and I have already explained why: There are states in which the outcome is known days beforehand and can't be changed. Also, there are states in time zones where the national election may be decided before polls even close. In either case, voting 3rd party gives not just moral but *material* (matching fund + ballot access) support. That's in addition to sending a signal to the major parties that they need to serve those independent voters better.

I'd love to be pres.

However, the VP should probably be someone with experience in Congress. Since the VP has one foot in the executive branch and one in the legislative, s/he should act as a two-way bridge between the president and the legislature (and be far more relevant than VPs have been historically).

I ran for precinct chairmen once and won. I found so many people had so little knowledge of what government is doing to us; it depressed me and I turned the job over to my wife.

She easily won. Since then she also backed away for the same reason I did. We both feel it is important to support. So that is what we have been doing. Neither of us really liked being in a political spotlight.

My last go at politics was when I got irritated with the dumbing down of school curriculum. So, I ran for a school board position before thinking it out fully. I would have been one vote against 4 liberal voters on the local school board. I canceled my sign order and stopped my campaigning. I almost won. I was so glad I didn't.

Instead I volunteered my time to the state, to investigate and help develop some guide-lines for creating more efficient schools. Our state Superintendent of schools was voted out of office for being too conservative. I found schools would take the curriculum we developed, but they wanted no one looking over their shoulders at what they did with the information. They turned it inside out to make it fit the liberal agenda.

That is the long answer.

The short answer is: NO WAY DO I WHAT TO FRATERNIZE WITH THOSE CORRUPT PROGRESSIVE IDIOTS WHO DOMINATE TODAY'S GOVERNMENT.

BUT, I WOULD SUPPORT JEFFRY FOR PRESIDENT. 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Romney has screwed himself with the 47% comment. That was his "Dukakis on the tank" moment. He's only released a couple of years of tax returns. The norm is ten years. What's he hiding? This one is over. Besides, he needs to carry Ohio or carry Florida and a bunch of smaller states both of which are an uphill climb. I'm not very impressed with him anyway. He hasn't shown me that he would be any different than Obama. Both are big government and big business politicians. Two sides of the same coin IMO.

--Ray. (Your local corrupt progressive idiot and proud of it. LOL!)

• Upvote 1

So Romney thinks that the federal government treats 47% of the populace as victims. So what? That kind of critique is standard election-year fare. What isn't standard is the 8.3+ % unemployment rate (and the 30+% out-of-work rate).

Do you hear Obama asking voters if they're better off than four years ago? I didn't think so, which means that this election isn't over yet.

I still hope that the East Coast will settle things so I can vote libertarian. I HATE the idea of holding my nose and voting for someone as pro-gressive and pro-big-government as Romney. However, I don't think that the republic can survive another four years of Obama. If Obama is re-elected, I'll be looking to emigrate somewhere like Belize or Bermuda

So Romney thinks that the federal government treats 47% of the populace as victims. So what? That kind of critique is standard election-year fare. What isn't standard is the 8.3+ % unemployment rate (and the 30+% out-of-work rate).

LOL! He said that 47% of us think we're entitled to government programs. Saying things like that is a great way to loose an election. Neil Cavuto described it as calling half the country moochers when interviewing Romney afterward.

The unemployment rate isn't anything to worry about as far as an election goes. That's the responsibility of the people to fix. They need to move to where the work is. I did. I have family members who think jobs should come to them. I say they should be hungry. LOL!

Do you hear Obama asking voters if they're better off than four years ago? I didn't think so, which means that this election isn't over yet.

Every candidate tries to take the credit for my hard work. Things are much better for me than four years ago but neither candidate had anything to do with it. That was all me. Wasn't Romney asking this question during the primary too?

I still hope that the East Coast will settle things so I can vote libertarian.

You should vote for Gary Johnson if that's who you think should be President. He won't have any chance to be elected if you don't vote for him. One of my friends has already decided that he's doing it as a protest vote.

I HATE the idea of holding my nose and voting for someone as pro-gressive and pro-big-government as Romney. However, I don't think that the republic can survive another four years of Obama. If Obama is re-elected, I'll be looking to emigrate somewhere like Belize or Bermuda

If you don't like Romney; don't vote for him. Obama and Romney aren't different enough from each other so I see no good reason to change.

As for moving, you don't really mean that. I survived Bush. You will survive either one when it happens. I know I will. In fact I will thrive.

--Ray.

LOL! He said that 47% of us think we're entitled to government programs.

I know that number. It's the % of American adults who pay zero fed income tax. I think what Romney was trying to say is that 47% of American voters want to vote for programs without paying for them (want "free lunches"). It's a point that has been made many times by many analysts, but Mitch might have fluffed the delivery.

The unemployment rate isn't anything to worry about as far as an election goes.

Not according to voting patterns over the years.

That's the responsibility of the people to fix.

If the gov't removed its jack-booted heel from the throat of American business, then I'd agree with you.

I have family members who think jobs should come to them. I say they should be hungry. LOL!

Welcome to the Republican Party, here's your accordion ;)

Every candidate tries to take the credit for my hard work.

...and for spending your money for you.

One of my big issues is tax credits: Offering taxpayers the opportunity to pay for social services directly instead of paying taxes. Then we could take credit for ourselves (or assign "glory" to the God or religious order of our choice).

Things are much better for me than four years ago but neither candidate had anything to do with it. That was all me.

Welcome to the Libertarian Party, here's your refer!

You should vote for Gary Johnson if that's who you think should be President. He won't have any chance to be elected if you don't vote for him. One of my friends has already decided that he's doing it as a protest vote.

I'll analyze my strategic options and then vote according to my prioritized list of objectives. If Washington state is close *AND* Romney might need it to beat Obama, then I will vote for Romney. Otherwise, I won't have any part in deciding the Romney / Obama contest, so I will vote for Gary Johnson.

Obama and Romney aren't different enough from each other so I see no good reason to change.

Au contraire. Romney would rearrange deck-chairs on the Titanic while watching it sink. Obama would fire salvo after salvo of torpedoes into the hapless vessel.

As for moving, you don't really mean that.

Wrong. I have started researching foreign countries and visited three of them. I don't want to move (because I am fundamentally lazy), but I know that the "end" will come by surprise, like an earthquake that has been long expected but which timing is not precisely predictable. My current selected destination is Bermuda, but I am not sure if it would get food and water after the collapse of civilization (i.e. collapse of the US dollar).

When the dollar collapses, the US will no longer be able to import *anything* -- not electronic goodies, and not oil. With no oil, farmers will not be able to make enough food to feed anyone but themselves. City folk will all die. The US will lose between 1/2 and 2/3 of its population in the first winter.

Such collapses have happened before. Usually it's a small, oppressed country like Ireland, Ukraine or Ethiopia. But sometimes it's a big, formerly powerful one like France, China or the Roman Empire.

I survived Bush. You will survive either one when it happens. I know I will. In fact I will thrive.

Keep telling yourself that. "It can't happen here!"

You might be right for another four years, maybe eight.

Maybe not.

• 1 month later...

On the eve of the US election, it appears that Romney is losing and Obama is winning. According to pollsters, Ohio and even Virginia believe that we should spend another four years printing a trillion dollars a year and giving it as a gift to the puppet-masters at Goldman Sachs; that we should spend another four years exacting "revenge" against American industry and jobs; that we should spend another four years empowering suicidal Islamic Brotherhood fanatics overseas and bringing America down to third-world standards.

Can somebody think of a country where we can move before the dollar collapses and the ultimate excrement hits the impeller?

Romney submitted 10 years of his income taxes some months ago. Nothing illegal was found.

2 days ago I received an e-mail that Obama's real birth certificate became public. Born in Kenya.

And, his collage transcript was ordered by a federal judge. ( It showed Obama stated he was a citizen of Kenya and received student aid.

I lot of information and pictures were in the e-mail. We have been trying to verify the E-mail, but nothing about either of the above was on line yesterday.

Now if Obama gets elected and then is impeached, guess who will become president? ------------------- Jeffry. :D