Emperor co-op online problems

Goater24

Hi,

First off, I love this game. Well I was surprised when last night I just discovered this game has co-op campaign support. So I've been looking up online to find out how to get it to work. A buddy of mine and I registered in XWIS, and logged in. We got on the server, but every time we started the campaign the "connecting" screen just locks up, and so does the whole computer, we had to reboot entirely because our mouses wouldn't work. We both have updated to patch 1.09, and I'm not sure what to do. I've looked all over, but seeing as how much of the info is over 6 years old, I'm at a loss. Are the XWIS servers still up, or is there a better server to do co-op campaign, any info would be awesome, thanks

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to be clear, though, do you mean that co-op doesn't work at all anymore, even on XWIS? We can get on, but when we start it up, it says "connecting" and then the games just lock up completely. I've been looking all over the internet to see if there's a solution. I wasn't able to get tunngle to work, and then I found out co-op doesn't work through Lan, so I didn't do hamachi. This game was ahead of its time in so many ways.

ur right it was ahead of its time... too bad westwood died... I would love to play co op with my girflriend too, unfortunately you cant do co op anymore. Theres no support for it now. Just remember that if you want to play something else besides co op ... there is hamachi.