Anyone On Emperor Anymore (XWIS)

donny

I'm busy thrashing the computer on hard in the campaign. Thought it would be fun to play through again and I know I didn't finish it all with one of the houses before. Never tried multiplayer Emperor Dune but the system I am most familiar for playing old online games with is hamachi. I think I tried unsuccessfully to setup XWIS on my windows 7 computer...

We play online.. but nobody uses XWIS anymore, we play using virtual LANs using Hamachi and Tunngle. We use both because some people have trouble with either one of these.

For Hamachi http://hamachi.en.so...ic.com/download

Room: 113-129-763

No password

For Tunngle http://www.tunngle.net/index.php?l=en&pg=downloads

Just look for "Emperor - Battle for Dune" under "Network Search"

• Upvote 1

u can try hamachi... by the way u need to go to ur game network adapter .... and select the adapter with an IP number like this; 7.xxx.xxx.xx

simple....easy....

then instead of going INTERNET you go to LAN

same steps with hamachi.... hamachi IP starts with 5.xxx.xxx.xx

worth the try.... otherwise have fun with single player... people will never go to xwis, as it limits 4 players per game.... with tunngle and hamachi (virtual private network ) u can have 8 players in the same room

we are all right now in hamachi anyways..... get the "Unmanaged" version .... and its only 3mb

• 2 weeks later...

u can try hamachi... by the way u need to go to ur game network adapter .... and select the adapter with an IP number like this; 7.xxx.xxx.xx

simple....easy....

then instead of going INTERNET you go to LAN

same steps with hamachi.... hamachi IP starts with 5.xxx.xxx.xx

worth the try.... otherwise have fun with single player... people will never go to xwis, as it limits 4 players per game.... with tunngle and hamachi (virtual private network ) u can have 8 players in the same room

we are all right now in hamachi anyways..... get the "Unmanaged" version .... and its only 3mb

I downloaded tunngle, created another profile went on lan and knowone's there like last time. Do i have to wait until i see someone on 'channels' or 'players'???

You cant always get players in Emperor... most of the players has to go to work. You have to take in mind the time difference too, the majority of the players are Russians; the rest of the old players are mostly from the U.S.

Theres also what I called a "period of inactivity" where the game seems dead and no one plays it. There are other days that you see suddenly a LONG list of players.....

Dont know if you've done it but if your using Tunngle, they provide you with an IP... which is something similar to this: 7.xxx.xx.xxx......... you have to go to your game options----> Network---> and change the network adapter to the IP "7.xxx.xx.xxxx"

Same thing for Hamachi, they give you the IP "5.xxx.xxx.xx"

We use both of these programs to play over LAN.