Just in case y'all didn't know already, my avatar looks nothing like me. I was a forum "mentat" at the time I chose my avatar, so you're looking at John Rhys-Davies portraying an Atreides' Mentat named Noree Moneo in the Dune 2k game. I chose him because he was a mentat, my rank at the time, and because that picture has him actively speaking, the perfect pose for a forum avatar.

Does anyone else have a particular reason or affinity for his/her avatar?

Just in case y'all didn't know already, my avatar looks nothing like me. I was a forum "mentat" at the time I chose my avatar, so you're looking at John Rhys-Davies portraying an Atreides' Mentat named Noree Moneo in the Dune 2k game. I chose him because he was a mentat, my rank at the time, and because that picture has him actively speaking, the perfect pose for a forum avatar.

Does anyone else have a particular reason or affinity for his/her avatar?

Since you brought up the subject, it seems an appropriate time for me to reveal my thoughts on your Avatar from the first time I saw it. It trumps all other discussion and leaves me with only one thing I want to say to you....

Get that angry finger out of my face!!

I've often wondered if you looked like that avatar. For me, It does portray a personality type of person for the poster. No big deal to me. I just duck away from where you point. LOL :D :D :D

PS: I've been thinking about changing mine again.