OpenD2k - cross platform reimplementation of Dune 2000

Matthias M.

And you load half a dozen with sab's and engineers and finish the game!

So don't expect  that it will be easy to implement. It will need a lot of tweaking.  We have to consider what we will allow them to transport.

To expand on your nice idea what about allowing light infantry to shoot from inside the vehicle?

And you load half a dozen with sab's and engineers and finish the game!

So don't expect  that it will be easy to implement. It will need a lot of tweaking.  We have to consider what we will allow them to transport.

To expand on your nice idea what about allowing light infantry to shoot from inside the vehicle?

I think it could work by just giving the APC a light weapon, the point being its supposed to help transport infantry quicker, not actually take part in combat other light support.

As for a load of engineers, it would be great as long as they don't destroy the APC, which would have cost you an arm and a leg to build with a full cargo of engineers.

• Upvote 1

As for a load of engineers, it would be great as long as they don't destroy the APC, which would have cost you an arm and a leg to build with a full cargo of engineers.

Well, in C&C games they just come out when the vehicle is destroyed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new in this Forum... I speak Spanish, so, i support me with the google translator...lol

I need Help, I can't open the OpenRA :/, this is the information of the Logs:

exception.log:

Operating System: Windows (Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3)
Runtime Version: .NET CLR 4.0.30319.1
Exception of type `System.InvalidOperationException`: No suitable renderers were found. Check graphics.log for details.
   en OpenRA.Game.Initialize(Arguments args)
   en OpenRA.Program.Run(String[] args)
   en OpenRA.Program.Main(String[] args)
Operating System: Windows (Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3)
Runtime Version: .NET CLR 4.0.30319.1
Exception of type `System.NullReferenceException`: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
   en OpenRA.Program.FatalError(Exception e)
   en OpenRA.Program.Main(String[] args)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

graphics.log:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Índice fuera de los límites de la matriz.
   en OpenRA.Renderer.Sdl2.ErrorHandler.CheckGlVersion()
   en OpenRA.Renderer.Sdl2.Sdl2GraphicsDevice..ctor(Size windowSize, WindowMode windowMode)
   en OpenRA.Renderer.Sdl2.DeviceFactory.Create(Size size, WindowMode windowMode)
   en OpenRA.Graphics.Renderer.CreateDevice(Assembly rendererDll, Int32 width, Int32 height, WindowMode window)
   en OpenRA.Graphics.Renderer.Initialize(WindowMode windowMode)
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Índice fuera de los límites de la matriz.
   en OpenRA.Renderer.Sdl2.ErrorHandler.CheckGlVersion()
   en OpenRA.Renderer.Sdl2.Sdl2GraphicsDevice..ctor(Size windowSize, WindowMode windowMode)
   en OpenRA.Renderer.Sdl2.DeviceFactory.Create(Size size, WindowMode windowMode)
   en OpenRA.Graphics.Renderer.CreateDevice(Assembly rendererDll, Int32 width, Int32 height, WindowMode window)
   en OpenRA.Graphics.Renderer.Initialize(WindowMode windowMode)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help :(

Are you still using Windows XP? Just because of security issues, we probably still support it. It looks like the same problem as discovered in http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2976.msg19912#msg19912 which will be fixed in the next version or you forgot to install graphic card drivers and that is the reasons OpenGL version detection fails. See http://wiki.openra.net/FAQ#no-valid-techniques as the problem might also be that your hardware is too old.

Thanks a lot, I forgot to install the last update of my graphic card :unsure:

Yeah, I'm still using Windows XP, I have another PC with Windows 8, but in this PC... You know... i can't play old games...

Sorry if my English is not the best :unsure:

Hi There! Great thanks for OpenRA project and Dune2k mod! I Ihad a question: Is it possible to use multiple production queue instead of global/primary prod.queue in Dune 2k mod  (like in C&C Tiberian Dawn mod)? I`ve tryed to edit player.yaml with ClassicProductionQueue => ProductionQueue, but it didn`t work (game crashes). :-(

p.s. thanks for attention.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...