OpenD2k - cross platform reimplementation of Dune 2000

Matthias M.

Ok, i CANT make maps because the editor crashes. First of all, if i use the editor exe from the unstable playtest installation, editor's process is killed immediatly after its launched. If i use the editor from the C&C & RA verson only , when i select d2k mod and open ur map for example, editor crashes.

And what happened with the death hand and airstrike, and a new ordos super weapon? Are they planned for the next playtest?

Ok, i CANT make maps because the editor crashes. First of all, if i use the editor exe from the unstable playtest installation, editor's process is killed immediatly after its launched. If i use the editor from the C&C & RA verson only , when i select d2k mod and open ur map for example, editor crashes.

The palette remapping changed therefore the old editor does not work. It seems that he can't find the mods folder if launched from outside the OpenRA directory https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/2313 Try to open it from Program FilesOpenRA instead of clicking a Link or navigate there using cmd.exe as a workaround until this is fixed.

And what happened with the death hand and airstrike, and a new ordos super weapon? Are they planned for the next playtest?

I might experiment a little bit. Maybe Ordos get paratroopers until someone comes up with a better idea.

I don't understand what do u mean with "opening from outside directory". I open it from Program Files/OpenRA-d2k (the name of 2nd installation of openra, which contains d2k mod). Can u explain it again?

About ordos, paratroopers won;t be that useful as DHM or airstrike.. MAybe some kind of deviate superweapon? like u can place it anywhere and it will turn tanks to ur side forever. But a small amount of area attack of course? Just an idea.

A small visual update: I added the turrets and chris the shroud.

post-23138-0-97006600-1341084475_thumb.p

The remap is STILL reversed on this pic... I thought that was fixed?

In my eyes a deviator who fire a chemical weapon that won't affect infantry but tanks is weird :) I can change it later if it is a balancing problem, but it was easier to code this way.

Huh. In Dune II, anything can be deviated, but the chance of being affected by deviation is set per House, in a kind of reverse willpower/morale setting. It is notably highest for Harkonnen, and I think Fremen are pretty much unaffected.

The remap is STILL reversed on this pic... I thought that was fixed?

I just made it configurable as you suggested, but that fixed nothing by itself. You could try to change the RemapIndex in system.yaml if this solves the problem. Don't know how to fix the remap algorithm myself.

Huh. In Dune II, anything can be deviated, but the chance of being affected by deviation is set per House, in a kind of reverse willpower/morale setting. It is notably highest for Harkonnen, and I think Fremen are pretty much unaffected.

The Deviator code is still very basic https://github.com/O...ttackLoyalty.cs Your suggestions are both reasonable. Might enhance it in the future.

I don't understand what do u mean with "opening from outside directory". I open it from Program Files/OpenRA-d2k (the name of 2nd installation of openra, which contains d2k mod). Can u explain it again?

Try to set the http://en.wikipedia....rking_directory for the OpenRA.Editor.exe or Link (could be right-click properties something) I don't use Windows.

About ordos, paratroopers won;t be that useful as DHM or airstrike.. MAybe some kind of deviate superweapon? like u can place it anywhere and it will turn tanks to ur side forever. But a small amount of area attack of course? Just an idea.

I just added some conventional superweapons so they just got boring paratroopers for now, but they get them faster. A Deviator missile that deviates everything sounds interesting though hard to balance. I could also add a saboteur or engineer to the paratroopers squad.

Can you start the OpenRA.Editor.exe from the start menu please. If this does not work please comment at https://github.com/O...nRA/issues/2313

LOL. Opening the editor from the start menu works, without crashes. At least i can set up a new map, dunno if any crashes could appear later on :D anyway thanks.

EDIT: The editor crashes when i try to set up a map larger that 128x128 or dunno, i tried 250x250 and it crashed. Error message: "Index was outside the bounds of the array". How to create 6 player maps if I cant make them bigger? :D So i need this issue to be fixed before i can continue.

LOL. Opening the editor from the start menu works, without crashes. At least i can set up a new map, dunno if any crashes could appear later on :D anyway thanks.

It needs the working directory set, so there is no way to start this without a link or wrapper script. Not a bug as it seems.

EDIT: The editor crashes when i try to set up a map larger that 128x128 or dunno, i tried 250x250 and it crashed. Error message: "Index was outside the bounds of the array". How to create 6 player maps if I cant make them bigger? :D So i need this issue to be fixed before i can continue.

256 would be a valid value. Use the up and down buttons to avoid invalid sizes. Just have a look at the big maps for the ra mod as an example. There is also some (probably outdated) information at https://github.com/O...RA/wiki/Mapping

I need help, OpenRA D2K crashes when I start a map.

If im spectator and the Computer is playing in the map then it loads fine but whenever I set myself as a faction then I crash to the desktop while the map is loading.

It actually happens in any map in D2K but RA and CNC95 still load fine.

I need help, OpenRA D2K crashes when I start a map.

If im spectator and the Computer is playing in the map then it loads fine but whenever I set myself as a faction then I crash to the desktop while the map is loading.

It actually happens in any map in D2K but RA and CNC95 still load fine.

Please post your exception.log file. It can be found in My Documents/OpenRA/Logs

Exception of type `System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException`: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Inner Exception of type `System.IO.FileNotFoundException`: File not found: wormjaw at OpenRA.FileFormats.FileSystem.OpenWithExts(String filename, String[] exts)

That means that your content files are incomplete. Delete My Documents/OpenRA/Content/d2k and start again. Did you click download or have you extracted game files yourself?

Nice, looks better!

Btw, the colors are kinda screwed up or something, they don't look very good, definitely not that good as RA and C&C mode. Hope that it will be fixed for next release.

I fixed the remapper yesterday. Now it does not crash when I use the reversed RemapIndex that Nyerguds suggested. You will note that there is still a slight issue where some parts are transparent which should be bright remapping and there are black dots all over the cliff terrain. The OpenRA developers are currently busy so I can't expect help soon as it seems. Anyway I added superweapons (see top left) and the harvester unload is now fixed. These details take me quite some time. I am having exams next week and after that I will have to write my diploma thesis. Too few time, too much to do. Maybe someone will take over and help polishing for the OpenRA july release.

post-23138-0-93492100-1342634176_thumb.p

• Upvote 1