EMP CHALLENGE

EMP CHALLENGE

All players welcome.

Prize is 100$ (Western Union money transfer).

The CHALLENGE is based on a mod The Hour of Assasins version 2.

To win the prize money u gotta defeat the A1 on level Brutal ,GOOD LUCK.

If more than 1 player beats A1 Brutal then the person who has the least deaths will be declared the winner.

i will host the final game.

A1 is random house (harkonnen,ordos,atreides)

no-subhouse guild

(A1 only gets 1 subhouse - guild)

Player may choose any house and subhouse heshe likes

The settings are ;

----------------------

map fisher plain

mode is attacker

money is 10k

units is 10

superweapons on

living world on

pre-built on

crate on

fog of war on

If any questions ask ATOM The challenge starts 10 May 6pm GMT.

The challenge will be every day until 27 may.

The Hour of Assasins.zip

On 28 may i go on holiday i will be back 20 of june.

A winner will be declared on 27 of may if there is one.

Then you have 3 weeks to find your nearest western union branch.

i will come back and pay winner.

i will also update on a weekly basis to keep you informed of who leads the EMP CHALLENGE.

27 may today nobody could beat A1 computer thanks to all players who participated.

hmmm the only way to beat this one is with 30k money.. I played a bunch of times... AI builts super fast, has lots ofmoney...

your building speed seems reduced and stuff seems to consume more energy. No matter how many harvs I got money is always 0 .... Dont know if its because Im playing with this laggy machine now. I just installed a new graphics card on it. See how it goes without the graphical lag.

I killed Brutal AI twice today... A new player called AZU watched the game .. was supposely a 2v1 but he dies way too early to be 2v1.

Congratulations Kindjal86 for beating A1 brutal thats quite a feat but you are not the first that honour goes to kralizet(fremen) .

It would be interesting to know what setts you used.

I know kralizet used 60K he played on map sandy pass it was ordos vs A1 ordos and A1 had no subhouses while Kralizet had sardukar and guild.

He also put ordos on defensive.

Kralizet also made alot of kobras and 4 powerful guild cannons.

If you want to have a look heres the link

I just wanna say thanks to all the players that downloaded my mod The Hour of Assasins v2.00 .

I see so far there are 13 downloads.

This means this mod is the most succesful project that i have been involved in concerning emperor.

All my tournament events for emperor has been a failure even The Hour of Assasins v1.00 was a failure.

Hopefully The Hour of Assasins v2.00 is the first small step for emperor to get something like an emperor 2 game.

If that last line sounded confusing just ignore it.

Just a reminder the EMP CHALLENGE is still on but instead of everyday i will make it every sunday.

See first post for details.

• Upvote 1

That honour goes to me! :D I never thought of playing against brutal AI seriously. I just decided to play with Azu a 2 players vs 1 brutal AI game because we didnt had players in Tunngle. But he died way too early too do anything at all in the 1st game. And the 2nd game, he just watched the entire game.

I defeated both ATREIDES and ORDOS in separate games and both with SUBHOUSES, settings was 10k MONEY. I have no video to prove that cuz Im playing in the server PC (Decent machine but single core) If I record it will lag as mother.... But a player was watching both games.

And I never got to use any NEW units and structures, I played with old units, old turrets; old everything as usual. I used the usual fremen and sardaukar subhouses. Not guild.

Im glad Kralizets got to defeat brutal AI too. Thanks for trying out the mod =)

• Upvote 1

I defeated Brutal AI with guild under ur rules only once... out of 6 tries.. But I didnt caught it on video. I thought of recording after I beat it.. then the rest was close to beat it and then I die.

The last try I thought I was able to beat the AI again and a fucking tornado passed by and blew the AI away... all its base was gone.. That PISSED ME OFF cuz that was fucking homo. You shouldnt have modified everything, you made everything so exagerated. Not fun like that.. I think you should modify your rules.. NO PRE BUILT Especially cuz it takes away SO MUCH SPACE from your base in the beginning.

If your not gonna modify that tornado then your rules should be NO LIVING WORLD .. unless u want another tornado passing thru AI base and blew everything away then thats gonna be easy 200 bucks give away; If it does in your own base is not fair at all..... These structures are not made out of wood btw.

Anyways .. I got the video of that stupid tornado recorded here. Oh well gotta play some more after I get back home. g2g

• Upvote 2

I defeated Brutal AI with guild under ur rules only once... out of 6 tries.. But I didnt caught it on video. I thought of recording after I beat it.. then the rest was close to beat it and then I die.

The last try I thought I was able to beat the AI again and a fucking tornado passed by and blew the AI away... all its base was gone.. That PISSED ME OFF cuz that was fucking homo. You shouldnt have modified everything, you made everything so exagerated. Not fun like that.. I think you should modify your rules.. NO PRE BUILT Especially cuz it takes away SO MUCH SPACE from your base in the beginning.

If your not gonna modify that tornado then your rules should be NO LIVING WORLD .. unless u want another tornado passing thru AI base and blew everything away then thats gonna be easy 200 bucks give away; If it does in your own base is not fair at all..... These structures are not made out of wood btw.

Anyways .. I got the video of that stupid tornado recorded here. Oh well gotta play some more after I get back home. g2g

Lol that tornado is freaking strong.

i must admit this EMP CHALLENGE was more 4 noob players .

So now i have decided to make the EMP CHALLENGE consist of at least 2 different challenges.

GUILD GLOBAL CHALLENGE this is mainly for NOOBS.

IMPERIAL CHALLENGE this is mainly for ELITE players;

EMP CHALLENGE;

IMPERIAL CHALLENGE

ELITE players welcome.

Prize is 100$ (Western Union money transfer).

The CHALLENGE is based on a mod The Hour of Assasins version 2.

To win the prize money u gotta defeat the A1 on level Brutal ,GOOD LUCK.

If more than 1 player beats A1 Brutal then the person who has the least deaths

will be declared the winner.

i will host the final game.

A1 is random house (harkonnen,ordos,atreides)

A1 is fremen

A1 is sardukar

Player may choose any house and subhouse heshe likes

The settings are ;

----------------------

map knife Fight

mode attacker

money 10k

units 0

superweapons off

living world off

pre-built off

crate off

fog of war off

If any questions ask ATOM The challenge starts 24 june 6pm GMT.

The challenge will be every SUNday until 16 december

A winner will be declared on 17 of december if there is one.

Then you have 3 weeks to find your nearest western union branch.

i will come back and pay winner.

i will also update on a weekly basis

to keep you informed of who leads the EMP CHALLENGE.

If any players have ideas for this challenge post here or let me know in tunngle

IMPERIAL CHALLENGE is for ELITE PLAYERS so keep that in mind.

i decided to create this challenge because some elite players showed some interest

in the GUILD GLOBAL CHALLENGE.

I would also like to thank all the players who took part in the last EMP CHALLENGE.

Centner,Kindjal,Newlords and other players.

Nobody could defeat the MIGHTY A1 computer.

• 1 month later...

Hello atomicar. The balance of your mode is poor. If I have time, I will offer options within your mod.

I'm working on my mod. I want to add your AI development.

You can describe in detail the behavior change units? what's new in the behavior of AI and units?

I do not know what modes can lay claim to the Emperor 2. In my mode is not new units.

PS So the interpreter translated.

I have the time, that would decide whether to add new units. However, I have so many new objects that i can not add anymore (.

Yet sprashu: Can I move things out of your modifications?

You have indicated very little change of the great houses than done in reality. Changes to the sub houses hardly spoken.

House Atreides has many more advantages over the other.

Transparency changes and calibrated balancing necessary for a fair online game different factions.

Hello atomicar. The balance of your mode is poor. If I have time, I will offer options within your mod.

Hi Kines ,iam glad ur taking interest in modding.

i think the balance in my mod is good after all it is 95% similiar to normal online settings.

Funny enough what made this mod a success is the tough A1 and not the changes i made to certain units or new units i introduced.

i thought the A1 was overpowered but elite players like kindjal and centner found the A1 challenging like playing another tough elite player.

Found the way to beat the Brutal Attacker AI under 10k settings, Guild subhouse etc during your long absence ...

AI is AI no matter what... once u find the flaw, u got the whole game. It was challenging ( a lot ) and fun while it lasted...

I was complaining about the mod at the beginning, but seriously you cant compare this to "serious" mod projects out there.... I was too focused in the Revival Project that I never got the chance to stop and think for a second.

A serious mod would take time to do, and a team to introduce new units and re develop the game mechanics etc. This is was just overpowering the dumb AI we already had.... nevertheless it was a mod and the guild cannon although crazy as fack it gave us those moments of "SHIT THIS SUCKS! (RAQEQUITTING) "OMG WTF?"

We kinda needed this mod haha.... you cant really get players to play all the time and this mod does it jobs to entertain you and train your speed a bit. I still have it.... Good job again Atom.

As for Kines... if your planning to get your hands on modding emperor seriously, then you might need the people for it. Im waiting for that day to happen =D

I can help on creating new units for the game, but I have not clue on how to put it in the game.............

I'm working on my balance of mode for over a year. If you have not been a report of all changes, you will never make a good balance. You need it so you can see everything done and correct their mistakes.

The balance on the first try is always funny.

Balance in general is not important if it does not play on the network.

You have changed many parameters of the great houses, small houses, Add new guns and new units.

I have a program that sees each distinct from the original.

Artificial intelekt I am interested in new scripts.

High speed bonuses construction and economic benefits are not an achievement.

Levels of Experience 4 - 5 very funny. Many do not reach Level 2. (Playing on the network)

Why so expensive and long-produced [HKGunship] and [ATOrni]?

[ATTrike] / / LEVEL 3 VeterancyLevel = 40 Elite = TRUE - will never happen.

[ATADP] Speed ​​= 20 (12) Health = 1200 (600) - I'm shocked! You are talking about have not changed the original. It is not stated in the description.

[ORAPC] Cost = 3800 (900) is very expensive. I recommend Cost = 3000.

[TLContaminator] CanSelfRepair = 10 (0) lol. recommend CanSelfRepair 3.

[iXProjector] BuildTime = 4000 (589) lol. recommend 1500.

[iXInfiltrator] Cost = fifteen hundred (five hundred) BuildTime = 750 (432) Resource = BombBomb (SaboteurBomb)

[saboteurBomb] Damage = 3000 Warhead = Howitzer_W BlastRadius = 96

[bombBomb] Damage = 3000

BlastRadius = 320

Warhead = Howitzer_W ... I recommend [iXInfiltrator] Cost = 4000,

[infiltratorDeath] Damage = recommended in 1000 (in 1500) BlastRadius = 200 (96).

When you delete a mod, my game has not become Russified as it was before. You do not even warned.

Why was the weakening of the elite sardoukar and [FRADVFremen]. I feel your personal opinion, which should not be.

[FRADVFremen] Resource = Wormrider

[WormRider] Health = 1000 (10000). recommend that Health = 5000.

That's all. I'm not going to look at the new units. All the same, it's your modification.

Kindjal86.

I am happy to accept any help, if we speak in Russian))))).

I perhaps would like to add new units, but could not.

I ran into a limit on the number of new facilities.

If I add at least 1 new blast weapon, unit, structure - the game does not start. All unnecessary items I have long been deleted.

Hi Atom.! I watched the video) An interesting modification.

I saw a good strategy [ORSaboteur]. Easier for me task. What else is interesting in AI?

something I did not understand how to remove the post.

Disassembled AI. No more questions, except one.

EasyBuildTime = 20

NormalBuildTime = 100

HardBuildTime = 20

EasyBuildCost = 10 //for the AI when the player selects HARD

NormalBuildCost = 100 //AI gets a price decrease so it gives a better fight

HardBuildCost = 10 //for the AI when the player selects EASY

why is HardBuildCost = 10 (125) and HardBuildTime = 20 (125)?

Kindjal iam glad you found the mod challenging 4 a while. Once u find a flaw then the A1 is beatable but i think only u and centner are capable of beating the A1 on BRUTAL(hard) using normal online setts ,10k etc.

i know newlords can beat computer on trickey(not as hard).

This mod is not a serious mod like other mods eg Shai-Hulud or ITDG(In The Destroyers Grip).But this could be the start of something big.

If u wanna c a mod with alot of new stuff i recommend ITDG(IN THE DESTROYERS GRIP)by Apollyon.

Funny i thought i reported all the changes but i made an error i used old version rules like 1.06 and not 1.09 so yes another mistake ,one to many i feel,iam refering here to the ATADP which had a speed of 20 before it was reduced to 12.

The TLCONTAMINATOR the most useless unit in emperor ,ok so what i gave it canselfrepair of 10 lol ,you recommend 3 but what differance does it make nobody make it anyway not even with canselfrepair of 10.

Ok lets talk about new units yes that would be nice a couple of new units but in emperor about half of the units dont get used.Let me give some examples in team hark u never hardly c a flame tank, missle tank,assault tank,adp platform,flameman.So i make some changes here and there to tempt players to use some other units.Lets talk about the flame tank interesting unit which never gets used because its to weak rather use a buzz saw.If u look at the rules a flame tank has medium armor now for a unit that must go close up to its enemy does not make sense to me so i gave the flame tank hard armor but i can tell u now all the people that played my mod did not make 1 flametank.

So yes new units is nice but my mod does try get players to use units that are not normaly used.

Next question why is

easybuildcost = 10 (computer pays 10% only,this means computer pays 10 times less then us human players)easy difficulty

normalbuildcost = 100 (normal rate for humans)

hardbuildcost = 10 (computer pays 10% only)hard difficulty

easybuildtime = 20 (computer builds 5 times faster than human players)

hardbuildtime = 20 (computer builds 5 times faster than human players)hard difficulty on my mod i call it brutal

Where did i get these stats i got it from guild wars mod by apollyon.

Last question you said you doubt it is possible to pass a campaign on hard difficulty ,i think its possible but you got to be real elite player i think centner or kindjal can do it if they wanted to ,if you cant why not try out trickey difficulty.

Alot of good questions asked i tried to cover most of em. ;)

I doubt that it is possible to pass a campaign on hard difficulty. This is an important attribute of playability.

I think I rushed to the conclusion. When you attack in the campaign, your opponent has already built up. That I had in mind. But given the speed of construction on the brutal AI, the difference between the finished or not finished base is not large.

However, there are all the same in the campaign missions that are simply not permitted sophisticated. As a result, I recommend when choosing a company to exclude brutal. Or write "Only for a single battle."

Next question why is

easybuildcost = 10 (computer pays 10% only,this means computer pays 10 times less then us human players)easy difficulty

hardbuildcost = 10 (computer pays 10% only)hard difficulty

easybuildtime = 20 (computer builds 5 times faster than human players)

hardbuildtime = 20 (computer builds 5 times faster than human players)hard difficulty on my mod i call it brutal

Where did i get these stats i got it from guild wars mod by apollyon."

I do not understand.

If you have the same parameters

easybuildcost = 10

hardbuildcost = 10

easybuildtime = 20

hardbuildtime = 20

So how do they differ? easy and hard.

Next. You talked about the fire tank, but I did not. I have no complaints to him.)

You said that the improved weak units. I agree with you.

But when I saw the weakening of the original units, I was disappointed.

elite sardoukar

[FRADVFremen] Resource = Wormrider

[HKGunship] and [ATOrni].

Also, you have strengthened good units.

[iXInfiltrator]

And, of course, I had to do a post not a good experience.

Kines93

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

8)

To be honest i never played the campaign missions but if the A1 has an army already while you have to build a base then the player has no chance.i must admit i did not have the campaign missions in mind when i made this mod.Kines this is something you could do for players;a mod compatiable with campaign missions.

Ok lets move on,you said you dont understand the parameters are the same so how does easy differ from hard?

First lets look at the parameters

easybuildcost = 10 (hard difficulty,brutal)

hardbuildcost = 10 (easy difficulty,trickey)

easybuildtime = 20 (hard difficulty,brutal)

hardbuildtime = 20 (easy difficulty,trickey)

The settings are the same therefore we can assume that easy(trickey) and hard(brutal) is the same however if i play against the a1 computer on easy(trickey) its like playing a very good online player, if i play against the a1 computer on hard(brutal) its like playing an elite online player.

So hard is harder than easy but i dont know where the differance lies i guess it is in the a1 file somewhere.

Conclusion iam clueless.

Flametank was medium armour, in the mod its got hard armour.

Elite sardukar had armour of 1800 more than a light vehicle lol, in mod its got health of 900.

Gunship+orni price was 1000 now its 2000 mayb overpriced now.

Fremen;i dont remember changing wormrider ,i must have been experimenting mistake on my part that.

Kines Kindjal thanks 4 pointing out errors. As we speak iam rectifying most of these errors.

• 3 months later...