Atreides new campaign final mission help

Tigershark20

I downloaded and installed the new campaign for Atreides that has been released.

I've managed to play all the missions and I am now in the last mission with Hark and Ordos against Atreides.

The problem is that I can't built any rocket turrets although the requested building (outpost) is already built. I've tried to construct again the outpost but nothing happens.

Any help ?

Did u upgrade the Construction Yard? If this doesnt help, I can assure you it's not because of my files, for me it works :) but should work if u met all prerequisites

Btw, turrets are useless :D build army and don't waste time with turrets, they don't help you very much..

I forgot to upgrade the construction yard because of speedness to build the base...

But it's a very very difficult mission as I am trying for 1 1/2 day to survive against the Harks and Ordos and it's in medium! ???

Any strategic help?

I'll try to withdrawn to the main building area, and rebuild the base there, as it's more difficult to defend at 5 different points..

Turrets work well with tanks and can be repaired quiet easy

Well, as a strategic hint I want to say , first of all, forget about turrets :) they slow you down, your build order I mean. also reqiure wind traps.. useless.. all you need to defend is to set up some medium tanks + quads + troopers in the beggining. Then, u have 2 choices: going for sonic tanks to help defend the base or just spam more medium tanks +quads + troopers. It's not so hard, personally I consider mission 7 harder than 9 :D also, you have 2 allies, use them wisely! They come often in the middle and lure enemies there, which helpes you a lot.

If you want to see how I finished this mission, watch my video:

Try to follow those steps. It was on easy, yes, but on medium is not very much harder, i finished it even on hard, but didnt upload. But obviously, it took me more time on those levels :)

Tigerhint, focus on economy. Always watch your harvester. But yes, it is quite hard, but I am playing in hard mode, so sure you also can. You used to turret? Seems our playstyle is quite similar.

This what I do. Upgrade barrck first than Con Yard. Make engineer and capture ally's high tech centre so you can build carryall. The first building you build is a refinery and two wind trap. Then build your turret saturatedly in two point; right and left to the boulder on your base.

Why you defend at 5 point? You dont need to send your army to allies. The enemy wont hit them much, since only human can withstand such attack. I lose a lot and start over and over again before can make it.

Btw, maybe the previous video may help but I cannot watch it due to my internet connection.

• 2 weeks later...

I manage to win after a 1 day fighting! But the mission map I played was the original

and not from the new campaign. I installed the files as the txt file says and the briefing has change as all the other maps did, except the last one

I think this is what he meant.

Atreides Custom Campaign

****Battle for Dune***

^^^Second Release^^^

=====================================

This campaign is an original one, there are no remakes of original Atreides missions.

I took that from your readme. I don't even understand what that means, ever. The map is remake, but you said it was original( base on readme). What that suppose to mean?

I manage to win after a 1 day fighting! But the mission map I played was the original

and not from the new campaign. I installed the files as the txt file says and the briefing has change as all the other maps did, except the last one

Is this your gameplay? If yes, it means you're really play the original one, not the remade campaign. I think there is something wrong during you replace the file.

In the readme, I meant it is ORIGINAL, so there are no remakes.. No westwood missions, the term original reffers that I didnt copy anything.. I made everything from scratch, as you can easily notice if you play my campaign.. About the replacing file: honestly, idk what is the problem.. I never had any problem to install this pack, and I did it on many computers.. All the necesary files are in that archive.. Just pay more attention when u paste those things :) somebody here asked me why the briefs arent working.. but he didnt pay attention and did not replace properly the text.uib :D so , try again and again.. the files are working if replaced properly.

Im not from USA or UK, so maybe thats not the proper word (that "original"), but from what I know it means also what I've explained here (the "made from scratch" idea). :D But the sentence : "there are no remakes of original atreides missions" is pretty obvious :)

Obviously, I am the 'somebody' asking about the briefing. :P

Okay, now I get it. That what you meant by 'No remake'. Sorry though. I never get A in my english. :D

Lol, just forgot who asked about the briefs and was lazy to search :D

It's okay man :)

So, about tigershark's prob.. is it solved now? I hope I won;t have to make a video tutorial about how to install the New Atreides Campaign LOL :D