New Emperor server?

Kindjal86

I dont know what would be the first reaction for most of us when reading the title. Seriously we have been moving from 5 different servers .... WOL, XWIS, RA, Hamachi, Tunngle ... Am I missing something?

So far Tunngle offer us some decent speed. We cant really do anything for the ocassional lag when playing with people with slow computers. But they are part of the family now so we already learned how to embrace the lag :D hahaha...

Since the day I started brainstorming about things I would like to implement for this game.... you know battle clans etc.. the LADDER.... I thought of maybe I could host a game server for this; for the purpose of recording the games and setup a ranking system.

I thought it wouldnt be possible since I dont have the money to do all this (most of you guys know why) I lost the chance to buy the chepeast, best used PC ever ( the guy left it in the street two days before I contacted him for the ad) ... Now I remembered that I have a friend who lives in NY, has a bunch of computer parts he is not using anymore... I asked him to send the parts tomorrow. They are very decent... and will serve well for this purpose.

My problem now is (It always happens that when you have a personnal goal, a bunch of things happens) my internet.... Kinda need an upgrade. I got very good download speed, but terrible upload speed; it will lag us to death.

My girlfriend and I decided to go to AT&T or maybe give a call to them, see if they got a better offer for us.

So let me know what do you guys think about this. Are you all comfortable with Tunngle, taking screenshots or have someone expectating the battle and send the results to me? or you guys are ready to try a new server?

• Upvote 1

of course, the new server and all that you described is necessary... how many money is necessary?

update:

I can make transfer to your bank account, then the commission there will be 10 dollars, or on electronic money "moneybookers", then 0.5 dollars

do u have something of this?

of course, the new server and all that you described is necessary... how many money is necessary?

update:

I can make transfer to your bank account, then the commission there will be 10 dollars, or on electronic money "moneybookers", then 0.5 dollars

do u have something of this?

Alright it seems that we all agree that a new server would be necessary for this. I got a bank account... I have never wired transfered any money... so I dont know how it works.

We dont need a super overpowered PC though. Just enough processing power... and a internet with decent upload speed.

I will have to see what parts my friend is sending me first. I only know that the most important component is not working... which costs $36.99 brand new plus 8.5 % of tax is $40.13; and its the cheapest available. Hopefully I can find a used one for cheap here in San Francisco. I dont know what else is missing, I will report back how much will it cost me to do all this...

Thanks my friend for replying to this thread :)

Alright it seems that we all agree that a new server would be necessary for this. I got a bank account... I have never wired transfered any money... so I dont know how it works.

We dont need a super overpowered PC though. Just enough processing power... and a internet with decent upload speed.

I will have to see what parts my friend is sending me first. I only know that the most important component is not working... which costs $36.99 brand new plus 8.5 % of tax is $40.13; and its the cheapest available. Hopefully I can find a used one for cheap here in San Francisco. I dont know what else is missing, I will report back how much will it cost me to do all this...

Thanks my friend for replying to this thread :)

Ok, write to me as soon as it is known how many it will be necessary, if everything not so expensively, count good components ;)

• Upvote 1

You live in SF now Kindjal, no more Panama? Kindjal is within 30 miles of me, Right Now :blink:, what comp parts do you need, I have a spare motherboard, ram and Core 2 Duo sitting in my desk, I keep saying I'll make a backup computer with it but I've been saying that for about 2 years now..

• Upvote 1

You live in SF now Kindjal, no more Panama? Kindjal is within 30 miles of me, Right Now :blink:, what comp parts do you need, I have a spare motherboard, ram and Core 2 Duo sitting in my desk, I keep saying I'll make a backup computer with it but I've been saying that for about 2 years now..

Jeez 30 miles seriously? :D Where do you live Calth? And yes, no more Panama... I am studying at the Academy of Arts (NOT CHEAP!)

I am not sure yet what parts are missing. All I know is that he has a power supply, a ram and an AMD processor.

By the way Is that motherboard of yours for Intel or AMD? I assume intel. How much for those?

I need to wait for the parts my friend is sending me to get here ... need to see whats the best option for me because I need to safe money :D

I live a bit south of SF like 25-30 mins on 280, yeah its intel, the parts all go together, Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, and the motherboard, I dont have a spare chassis but theres some cheap (20-30-40$) on Newegg I'm sure. As for cost, negotiable, the parts are used, and obsolete. Figure out what you even need, then let me know.

PS: why do none of you use this sites Live chat..

Good news for everyone. The parts arrived....

Just What I was expecting, no Motherboard, Hard Drive and case. He was supposed to send the RAM but I havent received any. Think he didnt had a spare RAM.

It looks like it is an Athlon II Quad Core processor, which is good, although not really that neccesary... A single core would do fine. Still need to figure out what Athlon II is that because theres a slight probability that the box is not from that Athlon II.

Theres an ATI HD 5450 graphics card; not much use though... probably save me some RAM instead of sharing memory on integrated graphics.

What I need now is:

• 1 GB of RAM
  • A Hard Drive
  • An AMD AM3 Socket Motherboard
  • An affordable case

IMG-20120420-01098.jpg

So ... The other parts arrived, thanks to Centner for donations.

Every thing new... Case, Motherboard, RAM, and a refurbished Hard Dive which is ... not new LOL

The bad news now is that the Motherboard came dead on arrive -_- ... Guess I will order another Motherboard and have my money refunded. Sending faulty Motherboard to UPS tomorrow Jeez.

Havent even tried the Hard Drive... Hope its not dead too.

Our server in the left:

IMG_20120425_190709.jpg

Faulty Motherboard above:

IMG_20120425_190841.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

So heres an update:

I received the motherboard. Everything works... Finally.

I had problems with Linux drivers for the integrated graphics. Had to buy a graphics card for it -_-

So now I am finally working on the server under Linux... its gonna take a while though since I just started.

Screenshotfrom2012-05-13042606.png

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...