hiring a manager

Gwizz

I seem to remember a method to pull up a manager from the list who is not hire by another RR or one of the two waiting to be hired to my RR.

It seems like I could hire two or three and the one I wanted would then pop up.

Does anyone remember the method used?

There are only 2 different choices to pick from. It seems like there is a method where i would scuffle the list by hiring one and then firing him in a game, similar to what happens in the editor. What I haven't tried is hire a new manager closer to the end of a month, let the month change and then open the list again. :D Yea I think my memory chicked in.

That didn't work either. darn.

Progress on the meromorphic Frankenstein. Not yet rational. The file viewer is a neat little tool if I can get use to using it. I should save some of these deformed structures. But mostly I just crash when I open a map. Maybe it would help if I knew what I was doing.

If you hire a new manager, then another will be offered in his place. Sometimes you can shuffle through a series that way, but sometimes the replacement is one that you just replaced. The pool you can choose from is somewhat limited by your company revenue.

The pool is recalculated once each two years.

I have been able to fire a manager working for another company where the AI RR is above or below on the list from my RR. I take control fire him and return to my RR and hire this manager.

I have been rarely able to capture a manager that is working for an AI when the AI company is 2 or more places below or above my RR on the list.

It makes sense that a two year reshuffle would have happen allowing a manager I wanted to appear.

Do you know which month the games reshuffle might occur? I've started a 3rd year with no game reshuffle as yet.

Since I have seen a reshuffle so seldom I wonder if the number of managers I programed in the game is part of the equation?

I have never taken control of another company other than "mine". I have merged companies, but I've never left one for another.

Managers are shuffled at the end of every other year (I can't recall whether it's odd or even). The selection depends on how much revenue your company has. If your choices aren't changing, it is because your revenue isn't changing.

I normally only leave my Railroad on pause to set up each AI RR. My company normally earns 60 million in about 4 years.

I'll have to watch to see when the managers change. In my present game where I added a goal to the other goals, to own all trackage in five years, as well.

I'm not sure it is even possible yet. I'm behind on required income; but, I have merged all but 5 AIs. All 5 have the manager I want to hire on their unemployed list, except for my Railroad.

>:( :ph34r: :D :D :D :D

I want to hire the electric loco manager, Siemens. He is a low price manager, $ 3,000 signing Bonus and $ 6,000 salary. Maybe that is why he won,t apply at my company. Makes sense.

I've run for 4 years and 10 months on this 5 year map. Net worth of my RR is a little over 83 million. Good enough for a normal Gold win but about $17 million short of the double Gold win.

I still have 3 AI RRs that I need to merge. I think I can do that in December.

I do have about 30 trains about to arrive at a paying station. About 10 are million dollar trains. 10 are lower value trains and 10 may not arrive in time to give me a double win.

This is the first day that I've had more than 1 hour of sun in about two weeks Tomorrow. I'm told, the clouds and rain will return.

Heck, I reached all of the goals but only got Silver . Double Gold required me to reach a company value that exceeded 100 million and be the only surviving company.

At the end of December I maxed out my bonds to 20 bonds to a debt value of $8,500,000. I needed extra dollars to merge all of the AI RRs.

7 bonds were for only 250K each coming from the merged and bankrupted AI RRs.

Not sure where the 7th 250 K bond came from. Possibly I went over the 20 bond limit during earlier merging. I was only allowed to buy back 20 bonds.

After subtracting the value of the bonds, my companies ending value still exceeded 107 million. I should have reached a Double gold win.

My personal cash was almost 25 million in the red. But my stock was worth over 77 million so my real net worth was around 52 million. At the end I owned about 91 % of my railroad.

I guess this version # 14 Heartland map is going back to the editor to find the win problem.

I'm sure a high-salary manager will never consider applying to a tin-pot railroad. Nor a low-salary manager to a big railroad. 15 million a year sounds like big to me.

The game chooses your manager options based on gross revenue, which includes cash events but does not include interest (positive or negative). In my US History scenario, with its 200 year scope and its "taxation" events, it's possible (even likely) that a player's company will sometimes run negative revenue due to taxes, and run positive profit due to interest received (triggering more taxes).

The result is that one's manager options can vary greatly as the economy swings. In an upswing, your operational revenue goes up and your interest earning goes down, so your true worth shows, attracting the premium managers. The opposite is true in a depression, so you might be offered the absolute bottom-of-your-shoe managers (assuming that some computer companies aren't still stuck with them). In mid-swing you'll see all of those in-between guys that are such a small part of a normal game between start-up and success.

However, there's only one chance at George Pullman in the whole scenario (have the most track at the end of the year of the Pullman Strike), and if you ever let him go, then you'll never see him again.