[RELEASE] 8 player patch + v. 1.2 of my Multiplayer Allied Mod

Feda

Thanks! Everything works. I also didn't doubt that will work. Thanks, aKaFedaYkin.

How ya doing with the mod? Keep us updated when significant progress is made :)

It is a lot of work in the summer therefore slowly, but all the same I do. In the winter progress will be more active. Now I almost made new tileset. New is means in it from 800 tiles 400 are really drawn or replaced. In this tileset I added type of mountains "3" - mountains on soil, on continents i mean. In total will be 7 new Tilesets. It besides already existing bgbs... and other classical. For example will be ice, volcanic and what ever i can imagine. Problems with tilesets aren't present, but I still doesn't arrange as few units builds the AI in multiplayer game.

Now AI builds more units than in classic, but he must to build moooooreeee ))) dune 2009 mod in this case just fun, but not realy playable.

For an example I attached sceenshots from game. 2 maps for testing new Tileset and some examples of new maps for multiplayer game. By the way, new tilesets in multiplayer too will be.

http://depositfiles.com/files/kkshzmiwt

When rebalancin is full complited I will create 45 maps for multiplayer and more then 50th for single. Of course need to do 6 new tilesets for creating maps. As you see, need mutch to work at it. In the summer 2013 I plan everything to finish. In total two years will turn out for FINAL version. Then you can start the game and and to play without mistakes balance or bugs.

Very need an R16 editor to make R16 graphic (((( otherwise only 8 bit play..... I like in 8 bit too? but who likes too :)

Dune 2009 has a modified Dune2000.DAT as I imagine, cuz its the only way they edited the AI to build 3 production facilities (barr, light and hvy). The mod is impressive, but the instant build bullshit ruins it, as u said, it is unplayable. I would like to talk with one of the devs, to ask him about the d2k.dat... If u want to improve AI u really need that .dat file decompiled or dunno.. edited with a hex editor and, by random editing, to find the AI.. Hard to do it :D

Then , what do u mean with 50 single player maps? 50 missions? lol, thats something interesting, but how du u plan to do it since for now, the maximum number of missions is 9x3=27. Unless u plan to use the version 2 of each mission? But after u passed lets say mission 3 version 1, u cant really go to version 2 cuz game redirects to mission 4. (unless u use the mission select mod to select v2).

Btw, if u will need campaigns, I already have an Atreides campaign if u are interested. Also, I am working at the mercs campaign too.

mission select mod to select v2 - that is right. 9 x 2 x 3 = 54 missions.

54 new maps and 54 new missions + multiplayers maps.

When I will start to create missions I will ask your missions to look. The problem will be that we possibly absolutely on a miscellaneous will do missions. Because it is different games actually and missions will conceptually differ. No, I will use certainly that editor of missions wich we know, but create events and conditions probably differently. AI is too stupid then need to help him. As example unit spown with > X time < X time, then emergence of units in corner of the map, neer the AI base. Mmmm... let's tell every 2 seconds in "> X time" but "< X time" AI will receive on one tank. 10 seconds 5 tanks. Will look as tanks came from far away as a reinforcement. If I clearly told ... + interesting new maps, AI basesis on that maps and other events and conditions. Probably it will turn out interestingly. At least I managed to make one test mission which I couldn't pass. 5 times tried and in an hour me killed.

By the way, probably we will find a way of consecutive switching of missions, without use mission select mod to select v2. The question is - where the information on switching missions of global map is.

About Dune2000.DAT - I will try to find freelanser in half year. Maybe for 1000-2000 $ he can reserch something. Free of charge only the fan will do such reaserch, but we need good dev and to employ him at least for some time while he will be free. Need professional decomp dev ))) Dreams, dreams. Who knows, probably hi can reaserch if not AI, then something else interesting in Dune2000.DAT. it is correct to set the task and provide the main thing with information maximum.

Btw, if u will need campaigns, I already have an Atreides campaign if u are interested. Also, I am working at the mercs campaign too.

I will resaserch any campaigns. It very much will help to receive new ideas and possibilities.I think that through a floor of year you just will have many missions. Do you create new maps for missions?

I will resaserch any campaigns. It very much will help to receive new ideas and possibilities.I think that through a floor of year you just will have many missions. Do you create new maps for missions?

I'm too lazy to create totally new maps. It is like 50% new. I copy the rocks from multiplayer maps but arrange them on a empty map. Then, add manually spice and the rest of cliffs. So its 50% from scratch.

I meant that if u want help with the campaigns, count on me ;)

The best way to improve AI is either to enable skirmish AI or to add periodically reinforcements with deploy action 1. In that way, AI will keep being agrresive and will keep the player on hold.

• 5 years later...
On 7/8/2012 at 4:27 PM, dashkov.a said:

Jus now, I moded HOSTHITH.UIL file and can select 5 AI in LAN game, but 6 AI cant't select. Interesting what is the reason.....

I set VALUEBAR aiBar like this: 0 6 1 0 (old was 0 4 1 0), but 6 AI can't be selected anyway.

Long time passed, I also wanted the 2 vs 6AI LAN match for a while.

Let's say I've added the hidden colors in the uil. :D
Note that this can also be enabled in Gruntlord's Debug Menu + crates.

But now to the point:
There has to be a way to enable the 6AI in LAN...
This was also the first thing I've tried after trying Feda's patch. It seems the game controls the max value for LAN and reverts it... Man, I'm totally not good at assembly code. UIL editing is way easier with the tools.

So the game does have 8 colors, check Feda's v.1.3 of this tool:
https://d2kplus.com/multiplayer-allied-mod/

And we have the new Patching Framework:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26661-dune-2000-106p-game-patching-bug-fixes-new-features/

(my favourite thread yet :cool: )

So to summarize current game status:

-all maps have 8 start locations, from the beginning I was editing with ShaiHulud editor it was obvious
-latest Gruntmods game release or patched version (no .DAT anymore, it's merged in .exe) + Multyplayer Alied Mod 1.3 (skirmish.uil, _prac.mis...), Skirmish works with 8 players in total
-two extra colors enabled in skirmish providing 8 selectable colors

=> enough proof that 8 players can be enabled for LAN, one way or another modifying the hardcoded player limit.

The WOL player limit was raised from 4 to 6:
http://downloads.cncnet.org/Games/Dune2000/Features.txt

So next it would be nice to see the LAN AI limit from 4 to 6.

Unless I'm missing something, LAN player limit could be added in the new dune2000.ini later.

Digging further in the dirt for now.

9 hours ago, Hopachi said:

Long time passed, I also wanted the 2 vs 6AI LAN match for a while.

Let's say I've added the hidden colors in the uil. :D
Note that this can also be enabled in Gruntlord's Debug Menu + crates.

But now to the point:
There has to be a way to enable the 6AI in LAN...
This was also the first thing I've tried after trying Feda's patch. It seems the game controls the max value for LAN and reverts it... Man, I'm totally not good at assembly code. UIL editing is way easier with the tools.

So the game does have 8 colors, check Feda's v.1.3 of this tool:
https://d2kplus.com/multiplayer-allied-mod/

And we have the new Patching Framework:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26661-dune-2000-106p-game-patching-bug-fixes-new-features/

(my favourite thread yet :cool: )

So to summarize current game status:

-all maps have 8 start locations, from the beginning I was editing with ShaiHulud editor it was obvious
-latest Gruntmods game release or patched version (no .DAT anymore, it's merged in .exe) + Multyplayer Alied Mod 1.3 (skirmish.uil, _prac.mis...), Skirmish works with 8 players in total
-two extra colors enabled in skirmish providing 8 selectable colors

=> enough proof that 8 players can be enabled for LAN, one way or another modifying the hardcoded player limit.

The WOL player limit was raised from 4 to 6:
http://downloads.cncnet.org/Games/Dune2000/Features.txt

So next it would be nice to see the LAN AI limit from 4 to 6.

Unless I'm missing something, LAN player limit could be added in the new dune2000.ini later.

Digging further in the dirt for now.

You didn't try CnCNet yet? Supports Online / LAN games with 2p VS 6 AI fine. There are also maps included where the 6 ai have preset alliances.

No need to change any files or download any mods, works out of the box

To add AI players on CnCNet use the button in the top right inside the game room

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

Hi FunkyFr3sh, thanks for all the work done to support these games!

I didn't try cncnet until now. :$ Thought it's just works online. I've been using the original game skirmish / lan interface from the beginning.

The cncnet UI has improvements like start locations and so on; I played some skirmish, however I couldn't get the lan server finding two computers connected with eachother, in a local network, without internet. This while the firewall rules were changed to allow it.

The mix with the ra1, ts and snow maps in d2k is kinda weird, I tend to keep the games separated.

I'll keep trying and if nothing works then I'll further look in the game exe for some tweak.

4 hours ago, Hopachi said:

Hi FunkyFr3sh, thanks for all the work done to support these games!

I didn't try cncnet until now. :$ Thought it's just works online. I've been using the original game skirmish / lan interface from the beginning.

The cncnet UI has improvements like start locations and so on; I played some skirmish, however I couldn't get the lan server finding two computers connected with eachother, in a local network, without internet. This while the firewall rules were changed to allow it.

The mix with the ra1, ts and snow maps in d2k is kinda weird, I tend to keep the games separated.

I'll keep trying and if nothing works then I'll further look in the game exe for some tweak.

Problem could be related to security programs, but I guess you probably configured it properly.

Can you try to start CnCNet on the other computer first and see if that works? The one starting CnCNet first will become the server.

If it doesn't help, try the latest version from here: http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet5.exe

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

On 1/20/2018 at 9:49 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

Problem could be related to security programs, but I guess you probably configured it properly.

Can you try to start CnCNet on the other computer first and see if that works? The one starting CnCNet first will become the server.

If it doesn't help, try the latest version from here: http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet5.exe

It works! Thanks again!

It was because my test was done in VirtualBox on Windows XP. :ohmy:
Now I could do a realtime test, a match with my brother via lan. The laptops have both Windows 10.
Latest cncnet version in link works fine!

From now on we'll use cncnet for matches, and indeed no need to further change original game files, the ini adds everything nicely on top. :cool:

For those interested, I've made an 8 player score table image. Those of us playing with 8 players on a map know the table is up to 6 players...

In zip: SCOREMP.TGA
To be placed in \data\UI_GFX. Backup older file just in case.

Edited in Photoshop CS2 to respect the old tga format.

Preview:scoremp-preview.thumb.PNG.4db83cdfa68513e69fd119d404cf10f6.PNG

SCOREMP.zip

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2018 at 11:21 PM, Hopachi said:

For those interested, I've made an 8 player score table image. Those of us playing with 8 players on a map know the table is up to 6 players...

In zip: SCOREMP.TGA
To be placed in \data\UI_GFX. Backup older file just in case.

Edited in Photoshop CS2 to respect the old tga format.

Preview:scoremp-preview.thumb.PNG.4db83cdfa68513e69fd119d404cf10f6.PNG

SCOREMP.zip

That's pretty cool, well done! Maybe Gruntlord can include with his installer, would be nice to have

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 4:40 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

That's pretty cool, well done! Maybe Gruntlord can include with his installer, would be nice to have

Thx. Don't mention it!
Playing around with the graphics is always fun. :cool:

But yes nice to have in a release indeed.