Newspaper messages!!Do they mean anything???

profas

Hi everyone.Its nice to see people still play RR2 :) Just wanted to ask about the small newspaper messages(cancer cure,rembrandt picture sold e.t.c)... Do they actualy mean anything?? And if yes then what??? Cause i suspect the Toilet paper shortage means paper price rise though i never checked it :)

The boxed random message in each news flash means nothing. You can find those jokes in default2.lng, a plain-text file in the same directory as your game EXE.

Using a text editor like Notepad, you can even edit the jokes to suit yourself (back up the original first). My mod has replaced some of them with game tips.

• 7 months later...

Other scenario-specific messages DO often have meanings... but not always. I like to load the scenario into the editor and take a look at the events so I don't have so many nasty surprises. A "toilet paper shortage" may just be a historical event with no effects, or it may be a bump in paper production or price (or reduction), or it may apply to something else entirely.