{Release} Alliances Campaign

sandworm

Do you use a CD? If yes, then I believe it could be because of that. (game reading the files from the CD not the local disk) . Same applies for .iso. But I say again, I'm not sure about this theory.

Your theory is quite right, but maybe Zahariel not use CD.

But... I can´t play without the CD, I need the CD to play the game

It´s possible to play without the CD??

Lol, he really play with CD.

Zahariel, this is what really going on. When you used cd, or mounted image, you cannot edit the CD that easy(delete and replace stuff) You need to play from your computer without CD.

I don't know how to make it from CD to no-CD since I used CD about 10 years ago. But as far as I remember. after you install from CD, you have 2000 directory in your computer right?

You need the CD crack but I don't know how to attch here.

What do you mean? To make the dune 2 campaigns? (and super dune 2) ? Well, seems that, first of all, sandworm is not active. He didn't verify the forum for quite a while. So, if this is gonna happen, I'll probably do it alone (maybe with Iheb96's help) and ur testings :D But, dunno why I would do that.. In fact, Dune 2000 is a remake of dune 2, meaning that the missions are kinda the same. Aren't they? :P about super dune 2, honestly, I did say that I'm gonna make sub-houses campaigns, but I don't think I will follow the SD2 story, since I have my own, at least for mercs, and involves more sides and houses, such as Spacing Guild :) I don't like to REMAKE things, I like to MAKE things, especially from scratch, even if its harder :D

Well basically yeah but a dune 2k version of it... Super Dune 2K :D haha but yeah it be a hard job but i do my part by testing :3

But PM obviously dont work here. I send a lot of PM to some members of this forum, about lot of stuff, but none of them replied. Means none of them receive my PM.

And I also used to send you PM though.

Actually I did respond to your PM, so they work :)

Ok, let's stop spamming in this thread, we are going off-topic

• 1 month later...

Lol I can see this topic caught a hefty amount of replies (random ones). Havent been on in awhile but glad to see everyone is talking about it.

Perhaps sandworm and Feda can perhaps work on a campaign set together :D

I like the sound of that, but It would need to also be agreed with Feda as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I downloaded the campaign and it looks ok as it never crashed as long as I play it.

I started as Ordos and some missions look really hard to handle but with some try someone can pass the maps

But the mission where Ordos have to face 3 houses (Atreides, Harkonnen, Emperor) it's difficult level it's beyond imagination.

The Ordos ally (mercenaries) has no refinery which keeps them at a situation where they cannot stand any massive attack. Also the ally keeps not repairing any damaged building, so if he losses the starport he can't receive any reinforcements.

Another problem is the way the enemy AI keeps attacking as for example I noticed that when I build a second harvester he attacks first to the harvester with a huge number of units, even if it is in the start of the game, so there is no time to build any units for defence.

About the superweapons, Harkonnen's Death Hand Missile is by far more accurate than in the original game (I own original Dune 2000 cd) so that you consume a large ammount of spice to repair any damaged building(s).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the missions. So far:

Harkonnen 2: my ally does not receive a harvester after the worm consumed it. Mission is too easy, the ally finishes the enemy alone.

H#5: it was the atreides that can be persuaded , not the ordos!

H#7: the enemy seems to have too few carryalls, harvesters are easily destroyed this way, and the mission is too easy. My ally only has 1 refinery, and it makes like 12 harvesters for it.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There weren't many problems. But I think it was Ordos Mission 5 or something, my ally didn't get a new Harvester after it was destroyed by the enemies. And the next mission, as soon as captured the Star Port, the game crashed, but that's probably just my computer being stupid, like always.

Im actually going to fix those problems and re-release it. I made this a while ago so I need to fix some things. But ill keep you posted.

EDIT: Its gonna take some time to fix everything. Practically all the maps need work. I remember remaking them all and fixing them but for some reason Vista wanted to delete my Dune2000 files from my desktop so its gonna be just a bit before I get another release up

• Upvote 1