{Release} Alliances Campaign

sandworm

Nice job sandworm! I'm so glad to see another guy who is interested in dune 2000 campaign creation :) I did something similar, that Atreides Campaign. (except that those missions were made from scratch + a modified text.uib file that lets the player to read the briefings on-game). If you want we could work together to make a great campaign (or great campaigns) maybe for sub-houses or the main houses. :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks alot fedaykin! And yes Im very interesting in campaign creations for dune 2000 ive been wanting to do it since maybe the year it came out! Thanks to all you guys here its happening. And yes I played your atreides campaign before and its great, terrain mapping flawless and a great challenge! Keep us posted with new ones.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the headsup!. I Fixed it. I incorrectly used a harvester replacement for the fremen which I did for ALOT of missions and had to delete them.

Instead of using Set Conditions, I just put Reinforcement: Harvester ; Unit exists, Base destroyed. It ended up being a continous loops of harvesters. :unsure:

_A5V1.zip

Great release, thanks for effort!

I just finished playing the Harkonnen missions and there are 3 things that I noted:

1) The allies, in this case the smugglers, were primarily attacking walls instead of buildings. They also sent their poineers to walls and left them standing there. I don't really know if this is an AI bug or something but it really was a little strange.

2) In the mission where you have to destroy the Ordos starport - I don't remember which number it is - the smugglers have way too many units at the start. The first thing they to is crash the Ordos camp, which makes the whole mission just too easy.

3) In mission 8 something went wrong with the allies. Not only the smugglers but also the Ordos are allied with you - which makes the mission incompletable since you have to defeat the Ordos. The only way to finish it is to take some Devastators to the Ordos camp and let them self-destruct, which is acutally quite fun but probably not the way you planned it, right? ;)

Anyway, great release!

Thanks for the feed back beere...as for your replies

1.) Yes it is noted that the AI attacks even the walls. The problem is the AI that I put in there does not have the same coding as the pre-made AI in the campaign do. If we knew how to code the AI we could fix it. They will attack walls and some times do quirky things such as build 20 harvesters!

2.) I think the one your talking about is mission 8 on the harkonne side. Yes, I need to reduce the number of reinforcements that the smugglers receive because I noticed their strength.

3.) Your right! I accidently allied the ordos and harkonnen. I also need to alter the mercenaries alliance with the emperor and make them enemies when you capture their heavy factory.

Glad you enjoyed it. Please let me know about any other problems.

I will post the fixed missions as soon as possible

H8V1.zip

• 3 months later...

Nice job sandworm! I'm so glad to see another guy who is interested in dune 2000 campaign creation :) I did something similar, that Atreides Campaign. (except that those missions were made from scratch + a modified text.uib file that lets the player to read the briefings on-game). If you want we could work together to make a great campaign (or great campaigns) maybe for sub-houses or the main houses. :)

Perhaps sandworm and Feda can perhaps work on a campaign set together :D

Hi!

I downloaded the mod and I followed the instructions to install it, but when I get to play in the campaign the missions have not changed, remain the same as always.

Could you help me?

P.D: Sorry for my bad english

You are already download the file right. I assume there is nothing wrong with the downloaded file, so try this.

Delete all file that start with 'A', either .MAP file or .MIS file.(Make sure you have all of that back up).

Then re-copy and paste the file you downloaded before.

The rest is not less mentioned in the readme.

If it is still not working, then it is either you copy the file in the wrong folder(which should be Dune 2000/missions) or you have two Dune 2000 folder in your computer. You change the mission on one game but you play with another game. I make the same mistake before.

You are already download the file right. I assume there is nothing wrong with the downloaded file, so try this.

Delete all file that start with 'A', either .MAP file or .MIS file.(Make sure you have all of that back up).

Then re-copy and paste the file you downloaded before.

The rest is not less mentioned in the readme.

If it is still not working, then it is either you copy the file in the wrong folder(which should be Dune 2000/missions) or you have two Dune 2000 folder in your computer. You change the mission on one game but you play with another game. I make the same mistake before.

Thanks but I have only one Dune 2000 installed in my computer

I have just deleted and re-copy and paste the files and nothing, when I charge the campaign missions I play the classical missions, no the news missions

Feda and Sandworm if u 2 work together is it possible for u to do both, like as Dune 2 and Super Dune 2, I will think it be awesome :D

Feda and Sandworm if u 2 work together is it possible for u to do both, like as Dune 2 and Super Dune 2, I will think it be awesome :D

What do you mean? To make the dune 2 campaigns? (and super dune 2) ? Well, seems that, first of all, sandworm is not active. He didn't verify the forum for quite a while. So, if this is gonna happen, I'll probably do it alone (maybe with Iheb96's help) and ur testings :D But, dunno why I would do that.. In fact, Dune 2000 is a remake of dune 2, meaning that the missions are kinda the same. Aren't they? :P about super dune 2, honestly, I did say that I'm gonna make sub-houses campaigns, but I don't think I will follow the SD2 story, since I have my own, at least for mercs, and involves more sides and houses, such as Spacing Guild :) I don't like to REMAKE things, I like to MAKE things, especially from scratch, even if its harder :D

No, still not working as it should.

It is very strange because if I load my downloaded missions with map editors and mission I can see that the missions that I downloaded and copied the game files are that should be, however, as I said, when I play in the campaign, the missions remain the lifetime.

No, still not working as it should.

It is very strange because if I load my downloaded missions with map editors and mission I can see that the missions that I downloaded and copied the game files are that should be, however, as I said, when I play in the campaign, the missions remain the lifetime.

Do you use a CD? If yes, then I believe it could be because of that. (game reading the files from the CD not the local disk) . Same applies for .iso. But I say again, I'm not sure about this theory.

Do you use a CD? If yes, then I believe it could be because of that. (game reading the files from the CD not the local disk) . Same applies for .iso. But I say again, I'm not sure about this theory.

But... I can´t play without the CD, I need the CD to play the game

It´s possible to play without the CD??