[RELEASE] Sub Houses Fix

mvi

SubHousesFix.png

This fix means that it is now possible to play as sub houses and select their units. Multiselect does not work you must move units one at a time like in Dune 2, but at least the game doesn't crash.

Feature Set:

* Previously if you play as a sub house the game would crash when you selected a unit

* If your house index is invalid this patch defaults it to Ordos and does not crash

* NEW: Fixes the score calculation crash, note your displayed score will be incorrect, but it will allow you to progress through the campaign properly now.

* NEW: Other house sounds now supported in addition to the unit report sounds previously supported (e.g. Building Complete, Harvester Under Attack)

* This patch is only for Dune 2000 version 1.06

* Supports and enhances mods such as [aKa]FedaYkin's Mercenary mission

Credits: by CCHyper and mvi

Download at D2K+

• Upvote 4

Great job man. I was really surprised to see this issue solved.. Didn't expect for so soon results :) Thanks. But in my opinion it is very hard to play like the Dune 2 style in dune2k since the AI makes big attacks, so maybe the human + AI on the same side could still help :)

Are you going to try to find a way to be able to select more units? I mean do u plan to research these things? That could fully enable sub-houses and some good missions/campigns for them. I hope that you'll find a way.

Lol mate, I found why you were not able to select more than one unit. Because there was active AI to the mercs side. I tried to switch side in O6V1 from Ordos to mercs and I was able to select all the units because O6V1 doesnt have AI for mercs. I observed that when u have AI on the same side with you it is not posible to select more than one unit. So it's fixed :) The sub-houses are fully functional and 90% playable now!!!

An example of Imperial units from one of my O9V2 sub-houses remakes:

emps.png

But what about the "building...", "unit ready", "harvester under attack" etc. sounds? Can u find where these things are and replace them with the main houses' ones?

• Upvote 1

Interesting idea to play as one of the subhouses. It's just pity that they aren't more differentiated from the other, "regular" houses. The Mercs & Smugglers look exactly like the Ordos (the only difference being the color & the inability to build Deviators for Mercs), Fremen look exactly like the Atreides (again, the only difference being the color & the ability to train Sardaukars instead of Fremen), and the Emperor are a carbon copy of Harkonnen (just violet instead of red, with Saboteurs instead of DHM & unable to build Devastators)...

Auto-repairs? The only way to have your buildings repair themselves is to give AI to your side, but that won't let you to select more than 1 unit. Am example of "auto-repair" can be found in my Mercenary mission . But now that sub-houses are operational, my mission is not so useful. I will get rid of the AI and release a normal version + some other remakes of sub-houses missions today maybe.

• 5 weeks later...

Interesting idea to play as one of the subhouses. It's just pity that they aren't more differentiated from the other, "regular" houses. The Mercs & Smugglers look exactly like the Ordos (the only difference being the color & the inability to build Deviators for Mercs), Fremen look exactly like the Atreides (again, the only difference being the color & the ability to train Sardaukars instead of Fremen), and the Emperor are a carbon copy of Harkonnen (just violet instead of red, with Saboteurs instead of DHM & unable to build Devastators)...

You can replace grenadier, stealth raider, thump infantry and harkonnen sardaukar to give more differences with Tibed. You can also replace Carryal 2.

MVI, did u search for the other voice commands (unit lost, missile lauch detected, construction complete etc.) ? Can you put atreides sounds to fremens, hark sounds to emperor and ord to smug & mercs? and if not, then put atreides sounds to all :D but this issue should be solved cuz without these sounds its really hard to play.

MVI, did u search for the other voice commands (unit lost, missile lauch detected, construction complete etc.) ? Can you put atreides sounds to fremens, hark sounds to emperor and ord to smug & mercs? and if not, then put atreides sounds to all :D but this issue should be solved cuz without these sounds its really hard to play.

I did briefly look into this I seem to remember that I need cchyper to help with the fix

Apologies for brevity, sent from my iPhone

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

With the help of CCHyper the sub house fix has been updated with two more fixes:

* NEW: Fixes the score calculation crash, note your displayed score will be incorrect, but it will allow you to progress through the campaign properly now.

* NEW: Other house sounds now supported in addition to the unit report sounds previously supported (e.g. Building Complete, Harvester Under Attack)

Same link as before

So... Sub-houses are now playable on PC, eh?

So here's my little secret :D

Back in October 2011, I've played a little with editing Dune 2000 for PSX.

And I discovered that if I change the bytes from e.g. Ordos to Smugglers, the game didn't crash.

So I was like "I can finally play as any sub-house!" :)

So I started modding, but I kept it quiet. I wanted to give Dune 2000 PSX fans a huge surprise with new levels, units etc...

I have made 5 fully functioning missions with Smugglers (and A/B maps). And had 6th mission in progress. But... I was too lazy to continue. What a lazy fool I am.

P.S. - Modding D2K for PSX is a pain in the a** :D

• 2 months later...