RR pictures

I was going to load some pictures of the RR museum in Bochum Germany. For some reason they failed to load.

I was interested in what looked to be 1/2 metre gauge track and some cars of a park style train.

Feel free to add any RR pictures of your area.

• 3 weeks later...

A few years ago, a friend induced me to attend an open house at Portland's building-sized model railroad. For some reason, the club was giving away back-issues of Trains magazine. It was very difficult, but I walked out with only two. One of those was the tenth anniversary issue, which reviewed the previous ten years of developments in North American railroading and then went on to give a fascinating snapshot (including many ads) of the railroading business.

What's so special about Trains magazine's tenth anniversary? It was the November 1950 issue, 61+ years ago! Railroads were hawking air-conditioning as something new and special (heck, just promoting passenger service is a sight for sore eyes!). The ten-year review was a litany of steam yielding to diesel, and one feature article detailed new government regulations requiring cab-signaling or else (or else new speed limits would be imposed in 1952). It was the genesis of the track classes and their speed restrictions that the US suffers today.

My US history scenario incorporates the cab-signaling upgrade, witholding faster and fastest engines until a company chooses to pay for the upgrade.