Game editior – starting a new company

pcopa

I'm working on a scenario and I use a map from a sav file. The scenario works actually fine,

but there is one thing annoying me.

In order to modify my map I have started many times a new company and then deleted it.

Now, if I open the map file in editor, the button "start a new company" is non existend.

I have to go to the menu map options, general restrictions and first uncheck the box

"player may start multiple companies". Then I must save the map and reopen it

to obtain the possibility to start a new company.

Unfortunately the numbering of the company continue from the bigining.

How can I set the entire thing back to the initial conditions. It means there would be

only the buton "start a new company" and if I start one (editor) then the number one?

As I've mentioned above, there is no problem playing the scenario.

Thanks in advance

To keep the starting number of a company, I normally just changed the name of a company and bulldoze all of its' track and stations.

The company will show these losses in its' books but then I give it some funds to bring its' net worth back to where it was before I bulldozed.

If I remember correctly to change a saved game back into a new map will just about double the number of houses and industries that will restart on the new map.

You can reduce the economy to off set most of this increase, if not all of it.

When I start a new company in the game editor now the number 38 is shown,

maybe when I reach one after 255, the problem will be solved? ;)

To keep the starting number of a company, I normally just changed the name of a company and bulldoze all of its' track and stations.

The company will show these losses in its' books but then I give it some funds to bring its' net worth back to where it was before I bulldozed.

That's what I should had to do instead of liquidating the companies.

Finished corridors and valleys ready for laying tracks was the only reason of using a save file.

I bulldozed all buildings on the map anyway, so there was no problem of doubling of housing.

As already mentioned, the scenario works fine.