Editing Unit models

Omniviper

This maybe an old topic but I really haven't got a conclusion about it.

Has anyone figured out how to change around the modeling for a unit such as a dust scout? or to be more specific been able to locate the unit model and being able to port it into a 3-d modeling program such as maya rhino 3-d or 3-d studio max, change the model around and port it back into emperor and use it?

since the xbf format has not been cracked, you cannot change the models in emperor. I'm not sure if you can export them, but I do know that you can change the textures of the units and buildings. You just cannot change the shapes

Cyborg, and me is waiting for that format to be cracked ;D ;)

Jesus, why u all waiting until it is cracked?! just ask westwood for it, whats the problem with that?! u are trying to create a cool mod and to make it better u need the source code, soooooo simple, but no, we losers dont dare to ask and rather wait until the source code wil never be cracked cause no1 is trying 2! make ur mind guys, if u want the code just ask, i am 99% sure Westwood won't have a problem with it, otherwise tell me why! P.S. If it's really inpossible i wil try to do something, the father of my best friend works at westwood...

H A R K O N N A

First off Westwood didn't make Emperor, IG made Emperor. Because of that there are all these legal matters that require IG to keep quiet about the game and that all dealings have to go through WW. The only problem is there are only one maybe two people left at WW who were involved with Emperor in any big way.And rarely especially from WW do they release the entire spec on a format. There is progress on XBF and we are getting help. Scorpio9a's viewer should be done soon if all goes well.

I'm working on an Xbf viewer-editor program, and the current version can already "view" many of the Xbf files (it actually saves them as a text file that you can view in wordpad or another editor and print out). It wont work on all Xbf files yet, because I haven't incorporated all of the info Gob sent me yet, but I am regularly updating the program. It also displays graphics of the meshes, but only the vertices in the present version, but soon I'll add line drawing and zooming in and out. Also, I'll be adding some vertice editing soon to allow reshaping of models. Replacing meshes with new meshes or inserting new meshes is much more complicated, and I may need some help before I can add this.

Adrian_messecar we should work together, and i managed to fix the rendering problem now, its all render correct now, only currently the mesh objects are renderd at the wrong possition, hehe o well, i will look at that later today or tomorrow :)