[RELEASE] New Atreides Campaign

Feda

Hello everybody! I have created, being asociated with Iheb96, a completly new Atreides campaign for Dune2k. It contains 9 missions that will replace the original ones. Also, we have a modded text.uib file that will change a bit some menu buttons and also will introduce our own briefings in the "briefing screen" of each mission. So when u play them read the briefings from that screen. Installation readme included, just look in the folder. I hope that you will enjoy it! It was made by me and Iheb96.

More information can be found in the readme file. Please read it!

NOTE: Make sure that in your current Data folder (original one) does NOT exist a "missions" folder. If it exists, delete it. You have backup. Place our "missions" folder in the main dune directory or in Data, dosn't matter. I recommend in main dune directory.

Please give us feedback and report any bugs that you encounter. We really need to know your opinion :) If you like them then we will work also for Harkonnen and Ordos campaigns. Don't foget: read the README file.

Thx and hope u enjoy it!

EDIT: Second release; now I removed the backup folders so you'll have to backup by yourself. But the download is only 362 KB now (compressed). No more download link, you can download the campaign from here (look at my attachment). I also fixed the bug from difficulty choosing (where the text was "squished"). But still the "experienced" button will be a little not ok. Just a minor problem.

***LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS***

***LONG LIVES HOUSE ATREIDES***

Atreides Campaign - Battle for Dune.zip

• Upvote 3

Only played the first mission so far but looks good. :) Man that's a big download, probably best just to include the changed files and let the user do their own backup first, that way rather than 120 meg it'll be 1 or 2 meg.

• Upvote 1

Yeah true.. I also need to modify a thing or two.. :) I will upload again this, without backup, and with the fixes. It'll take 15 mins from now.. All the ppl that downloaded the campaign until now, if you were able to play it then is no need to download the second release. If you had problems, download this new release!

EDIT: Ok, second release uploaded. This one is 362 KB only, so a very accesible download. Btw, I'd like to see this on D2K+ :D if you want, of course

Guys, yes there will be Ordos and Harkonnen campaigns. If somebody will manage to unlock the sub-houses then we will also make campaigns for those :) for each one.

NodFan, me and Iheb already have stories for the other two, but your ideas will be really appreciated :) if u wish to share them maybe send me a PM or post here some of them. Today is tuesday; maybe on friday or saturday I will begin the Harkonnen campaign. But Iheb96 won;t be very active because he is busy, and if someone offeres to help me in testing missions then just tell me. If someone can test the missions for me then everything will go faster.

Guys, yes there will be Ordos and Harkonnen campaigns. If somebody will manage to unlock the sub-houses then we will also make campaigns for those :) for each one.

NodFan, me and Iheb already have stories for the other two, but your ideas will be really appreciated :) if u wish to share them maybe send me a PM or post here some of them. Today is tuesday; maybe on friday or saturday I will begin the Harkonnen campaign. But Iheb96 won;t be very active because he is busy, and if someone offeres to help me in testing missions then just tell me. If someone can test the missions for me then everything will go faster.

I am very happy to be a tester just email me the mission files to danzeau@live.com.au. Also the Atreidies lvl 9 mission was my favourite one, 2 allies as well :)

I think that I will start the campaign earlier. I also think that I'll publish it only after I have ready the Ordos one. After they are rdy i will release them with an installer maybe. Also I plan to modify some more menu features if I can. (I can also modify units' and buildings' names, but I think they are OK as they are now)

Sure, I'd like to have you in my testing team :) but we will need to use Instant Message software so you will be able to tell me faster what's wrong with a specific mission or what improvements are needed.

I think that I will start the campaign earlier. I also think that I'll publish it only after I have ready the Ordos one. After they are rdy i will release them with an installer maybe. Also I plan to modify some more menu features if I can. (I can also modify units' and buildings' names, but I think they are OK as they are now)

Sure, I'd like to have you in my testing team :) but we will need to use Instant Message software so you will be able to tell me faster what's wrong with a specific mission or what improvements are needed.

msn bro? or skype? or facebook for that matter :D

Guys I have a problem... It's a bug in the Mission Editor. When I set up reinforcements or Starport deliveries for AI players they wont receive ALL THE UNITS that I've selected in the editor. This happenes only now, after I started the Harkonnen Campaign. In the Atreides weren't such problems. And I used the same damn .MIS file. (I edited the O9V2.mis , deleted all the events so i will be able to use an empty .mis file for each mission). This system worked for Atreides but now it's bugged and I don;t know why... MVI do u know something about this bug/ Did u encounter it? An AI without Carryal reinforcements is not aggresive and that lets the player to build up base and units in peace, which results in a too easy mission.

Didnt progress because of that bug. :) I will wait to be solved

"wont receive ALL THE UNITS that I've selected in the editor."

How many units did you order? How many arrived?

What units did you order and which ones didn't arrive?

"An AI without Carryal reinforcements is not aggresive and that lets the player to build up base and units in peace, which results in a too easy mission. "

This sounds like you're talking about a second issue right?

• Upvote 1

For example i put for Ordos AI: 2 Combat Tanks, 2 Quads 1 Raider and 1 Trooper. It receives only one Combat Tank 1 Quad and 1 Trooper. This is only am example. Another one: Starport delivery for mercs: 1 Tank, 2 Quads 2 Troopers and it receives only 1 Tank 1 quad 1 trooper. I noticed that in some cases they receive only one unit of a same type even if I put more. But this doesn't happen always. Look up, at the first example. (the raider wasn't actually received). If I highly increase the number of the units they will receive with one or two more units but still not all.

lol i tried to play again the missions and I saw that everything was OK this time.. this is very weird.. yes, it seems that is a dune glitch :) thx for all.. I hope that this bug won't occur again.

EDIT: Lol, well this is completly weird. I observed that when the mission is on easy the game has that glitch. When I put it to medium, all the units are received. I didnt encounter such a thing in the Atreides missions and I use the same .mis file... Here is the mission. Man if u could try it and see if everything is OK for you no matter the difficulty level is it could be great. Maybe it's my game, dont know. Scout the entrance of the ordos base, there will be deployed the units. And look wit the editor how much should be :) thx

glitch.zip