Mission AI Research

mvi

I'm back.....

sorry for leaved forum for some months,but I play in samp and I paused all my mods.

With ai editing I made some ai segments to improve game.I tested them and they can beat 1 practice ai and some of them can beat more practice ai :)

but what about resource editor mvi?2 months ago you progressed 90% with it but you stopped the project or what?I waiting for that tool :)

• Upvote 1

-the AI guard it's base with a lot of units

-build faster

-train more units

-sometimes it run out of money but it will not sell it's base

Ok, now can you upload the file or at least tell us what bytes did u change or what did u do?

I can give a quick rundown on some unknown segments that I have been playing around with for a while.

-Bytes # 3856 & 3860 = These are attack timers. By setting the first 3856 to a high value, this will allow the AI to build up a greater army. It seems this is the First attack timer it goes through, than there is 3860. What I believe is that this is a second attack timer. By setting this to something lower, the AI sent an attack quicker.

Bytes # 3901, 3902, 3903. These are the most interesting out of all of them. Changing these bytes had different effects on how the AI utilized its army. I set 3901 to 100 and the others to 15. The AI amassed a large army that it used to defend its base. It would only send a few units to attack.

3902 and 3903 also had some weird effects on the AI's unit usage. Bytes 3901-3903 are the most interesting and that I feel should have the most research done on them.

• Upvote 3

Nice finds.

I found how to make the AI build other structures like in skirmish (and i think without the other skirmish taskforces like the engineer rush loop). It is Byte 3, setting that to 1 will make the AI build structures. Also byte 28 has something in it, didnt test it yet. It seems to be turned to 1 for all AI players, i'll try chaning it to 0 and see what happens.

Put it on d2k wiki?

No time, maybe gruntlord has some to add them.

I had a look at Luminar's AI and he did a very good job, the 1.misai AI is playing very well, and the most important thing, he is building units very fast, without ridiculous delays between a combat tank and the second combat tank. So far I found these bytes that are different from Hark AI from O9V2, and they would need some testings although I don't have time, so if anyone can do that it would be awesome.

Byte      Value from 1.misai /// value from unknown.misai
byte 7492 - 
3856 - 12000
3860 - 15000
3901 - 40
3902 - 75
3903 - 40
3924 - 5 /// 0
3925 - 7 /// 0
3932 - 300
6 - 222 (greater) /// 0
6636 - 1
7 - 111 /// 0
7448 - 0 (fewer than - <big value>)
7468 - 80 (fewer than 500)
7492 - 1

Only a few have something after "///" because the others are the same as in 1.misai. IIRC luminar got these AIs by hex editing not by working with the mission editor. The above bytes differ from camaign AI. 1.misai and 2.misai look the same for me, maybe I missed something. Unknown.misai has some different things, and they are noticeable in-game as well: unknown.misai builds engineers and periodically sends them to enemy base along with some random infantry. Also it attacks with fewer units than 1.misai and attacks faster, while 1.misai pretty much waits till he has an impressive army then masses it out killing the shit out of the enemy.

Who has some time, please have a look at those bytes :D

No time, maybe gruntlord has some to add them.

I had a look at Luminar's AI and he did a very good job, the 1.misai AI is playing very well, and the most important thing, he is building units very fast, without ridiculous delays between a combat tank and the second combat tank. So far I found these bytes that are different from Hark AI from O9V2, and they would need some testings although I don't have time, so if anyone can do that it would be awesome.

Byte      Value from 1.misai /// value from unknown.misai
byte 7492 - 
3856 - 12000
3860 - 15000
3901 - 40
3902 - 75
3903 - 40
3924 - 5 /// 0
3925 - 7 /// 0
3932 - 300
6 - 222 (greater) /// 0
6636 - 1
7 - 111 /// 0
7448 - 0 (fewer than - <big value>)
7468 - 80 (fewer than 500)
7492 - 1

Only a few have something after "///" because the others are the same as in 1.misai. IIRC luminar got these AIs by hex editing not by working with the mission editor. The above bytes differ from camaign AI. 1.misai and 2.misai look the same for me, maybe I missed something. Unknown.misai has some different things, and they are noticeable in-game as well: unknown.misai builds engineers and periodically sends them to enemy base along with some random infantry. Also it attacks with fewer units than 1.misai and attacks faster, while 1.misai pretty much waits till he has an impressive army then masses it out killing the shit out of the enemy.

Who has some time, please have a look at those bytes :D

ommmmmmmmm.If I remember good,the unknown.misai is the practice AI.

check it pls....

ommmmmmmmm.If I remember good,the unknown.misai is the practice AI.

check it pls....

Yep I was thinking about that as well. But how did u make the AI build  units faster than usual? From what I've seen he kept constantly building units without stop and delay, thats very good.

Yep I was thinking about that as well. But how did u make the AI build  units faster than usual? From what I've seen he kept constantly building units without stop and delay, thats very good.

Fast unit build is good,but it run out of money easily.........

I improve it......

I found how to make the AI build other structures like in skirmish (and i think without the other skirmish taskforces like the engineer rush loop). It is Byte 3, setting that to 1 will make the AI build structures. 

Interesting. I compared the H9V2 Atreidis AI with the practice AI and when I set Byte 3 to 1 it has a very strange building behavior. It doesn't care about money or power at all, so it builds only 1 wind trap and only 1 refinery and just tries to get the airstrike fast. And when it doesn't have enough money, it sells other buildings. Did anyone find a way to change that? Beacause I couldn't.

Interesting. I compared the A9V2 Atreidis AI with the practice AI and when I set Byte 3 to 1 it has a very strange building behavior. It doesn't care about money or power at all, so it builds only 1 wind trap and only 1 refinery and just tries to get the airstrike fast. And when it doesn't have enough money, it sells other buildings. Did anyone find a way to change that? Beacause I couldn't.

So you created the American AI :p

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...

So you created the American AI :P

So following up on this, there has to be a byte that affects how the AI builds, as its pretty obvious the AI cares about power and money in skirmish. From testing it is indeed true that byte 3 enables the Ai to build, so I feel we should list that as validated.

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a question about using the mission editor. (.mis files).

There is an event called "Unkown6" with 2 options. Unkown 61 and 62.

I guess the 62 refers to the house index, but I don't know nothing about the 61. There is any information about this in this topic or another that I can not find or I'm missing something?  (I don't have any idea about hexeditors)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question about using the mission editor. (.mis files).

There is an event called "Unkown6" with 2 options. Unkown 61 and 62.

I guess the 62 refers to the house index, but I don't know nothing about the 61. There is any information about this in this topic or another that I can not find or I'm missing something?  (I don't have any idea about hexeditors)

The "Unknown" Triggers were intentionally written like that by MVI because the community simply does not exactly know what they do. I also tried researching what they do, but no luck yet.

The "Unknown" Triggers were intentionally written like that by MVI because the community simply does not exactly know what they do. I also tried researching what they do, but no luck yet.

For now I know that the unknow6 increase the speed of the buiding rate of the IA until he had 2000 credits or so. The 62 means the House (index) which will have this increase, about 61 no clue.

Seems like other specifications like the time the IA waits until a new attack doesn't change.

• 1 month later...