Mission AI Research

mvi

Nobody knows where is the skirmish and LAN AI.. I would like to see them too :) but something is sure: they are not in prac.mis

Well, with the MVI's v0.4 PREVIEW mission editor I could find at least the practice AI and it IS in "_PRAC.MIS". I strongly believe it is as they can build buildings and beserk when they have no money and no refineries. Couldn't attach because it says I don't have permission, so I'll give you a link. Please take a look :D

Here:

http://www.crocko.co...18401/_PRAC.rar

EDIT: Think it's just the skirmish Atreides AI. Don't know about the other houses...

Well, with the MVI's v0.4 PREVIEW mission editor I could find at least the practice AI and it IS in "_PRAC.MIS". I strongly believe it is as they can build buildings and beserk when they have no money and no refineries. Couldn't attach because it says I don't have permission, so I'll give you a link. Please take a look :D

Here:

http://www.crocko.co...18401/_PRAC.rar

EDIT: Think it's just the skirmish Atreides AI. Don't know about the other houses...

Omg man, how did u do that? I exported the AI segments from every index and didnt work.. Thats a very nice find :D Please tell me how did u export them. Also, if u can find the LAN AI, then we would be able to replace skirmish AI with LAN AI to make practice more interesting (cuz LAN AI is 1000 times better than skirmish, and I started to use a virtual machine when I want to fight AI because skirmish AI is too weak and it bores me, even if I ally 7 of them :D ) .

btw, better use Mediafire :D its a better upload site.. It doesnt put u to wait a hour for every damn file

Omg man, how did u do that? I exported the AI segments from every index and didnt work.. Thats a very nice find :D Please tell me how did u export them. Also, if u can find the LAN AI, then we would be able to replace skirmish AI with LAN AI to make practice more interesting (cuz LAN AI is 1000 times better than skirmish, and I started to use a virtual machine when I want to fight AI because skirmish AI is too weak and it bores me, even if I ally 7 of them :D ) .

btw, better use Mediafire :D its a better upload site.. It doesnt put u to wait a hour for every damn file

Lol, I simply exported the Atreides AI from _PRAC.MIS placed in Data/maps folder, the other Houses had many '0' values (probably don't have AI assigned [have no idea why]). I don't know what is happening but it only appeared the Atreides' AI which is already good to explore the code.

omg, silly me.. when i was creating my multiplayer allied mod I observed that House Atreides is read as the human player, and I thought that it shouldn't have AI if its human.. looks like _PRAC.MIS is really interesting.. :D and btw, i put it to smugglers and it works, so works for all houses/sub-houses. Nice find, you could want to post it on http://w11.zetaboards.com/dune2k_lobby/forum/3194777/. If u can find the LAN AI, then it'll be a very good work :)

omg, silly me.. when i was creating my multiplayer allied mod I observed that House Atreides is read as the human player, and I thought that it shouldn't have AI if its human.. looks like _PRAC.MIS is really interesting.. :D and btw, i put it to smugglers and it works, so works for all houses/sub-houses. Nice find, you could want to post it on http://w11.zetaboard.../forum/3194777/. If u can find the LAN AI, then it'll be a very good work :)

Well, I don't think this AI works well for all because I assigned this AI to the Hark (me) in a modified H9V2 where I put a Hark Palace. There was a moment (I let the AI play and was just watching) that they built another Palace called Atreides Palace. Conclusion: The Hark (player) had two Palaces and used both the DHM and the Airstrike. This means that the AI that I found is an Atreides AI.

EDIT: Ah, and me, as a player, could build both Palaces. I had both Palaces available in the list to build.

lol, thats really interesting... I dont get it; how can prac.mis affect the .bin files? (cuz this data is in the .bin files if u look at them with tibed). Pretty nice

I'm afraid I don't know... lol

Maybe the bin files just affect players and the AI has to be coded to be able to just build buildings of their own House.

EDIT: It appears AI can be highly customizable as what is needed is to find what each value will do. Comparing with other AI from the missions probably is the next step as each AI may have code to be able to build only THOSE type of buildings/units that we choose.

Ok i tried it with Ordos and it didnt allow to build Atr structures, no palace and no Atr High-Tech.

Interesting...

One thing, are you sure that the "edit segment" option in the program has all of the variables that can be changed?

If you don't mind, please test it yourself with these files: H9V2.mis & _PRAC.misai

H9V2.mis modified. -> http://www.mediafire...j4tqpb9q34idg33

It happens that the AI builds a carryall with the existing (normal) High Tech and then it builds the Atr High Tech building...

Man, honestly, it didnt happen to me :) Check your dune and make sure you didnt edit it with tibed or idk.. But the .misai file doesnt affect that type of data.. It's not logical

Hawker with who are u talking?

And f4ever you just need a fresh copy of dune to test on. Personally i have 6 dunes on my hard disk, 1 for multiplayer via hamachi and 5 that are all edited. If u dont have a cd then tell me and i'll give you the multiplayer version (1.06 but.prepared for multiplayer with lan patch). Its a sfx (self extract) so its very easy to reinstall if u messed up.with the game. Anyway thx for your find it helped me to test my skirmish top vs bottom maps and also gives me the posibility to play very hard missions :D

Hey mvi, did u find new values for the program? If yes then u should add them to a new release (of course if there are significant news or many news).

I dont really get it.. I mean what was the question but nevermind :) btw , f4ever maybe u would like to join our online comunity on Hamachi. If yes, then please install Hamachi and join my network: Dune 2000 Lobby, pass: 2000. (If this one is full, which will probably be, join the second: Dune 2000 Lobby (2), same pass). It would be so good if we had a PvPGN server but probably it wont happen at all, so for now hamachi is the best option for online matches (we all thought that we wont be able to play as sub-houses and here they are.. maybe I am wrong with the server too :) )

Hawker with who are u talking? And f4ever you just need a fresh copy of dune to test on. Personally i have 6 dunes on my hard disk, 1 for multiplayer via hamachi and 5 that are all edited. If u dont have a cd then tell me and i'll give you the multiplayer version (1.06 but.prepared for multiplayer with lan patch). Its a sfx (self extract) so its very easy to reinstall if u messed up.with the game. Anyway thx for your find it helped me to test my skirmish top vs bottom maps and also gives me the posibility to play very hard missions :D Hey mvi, did u find new values for the program? If yes then u should add them to a new release (of course if there are significant news or many news).

Thanks for your share ;)

I dont really get it.. I mean what was the question but nevermind :) btw , f4ever maybe u would like to join our online comunity on Hamachi. If yes, then please install Hamachi and join my network: Dune 2000 Lobby, pass: 2000. (If this one is full, which will probably be, join the second: Dune 2000 Lobby (2), same pass). It would be so good if we had a PvPGN server but probably it wont happen at all, so for now hamachi is the best option for online matches (we all thought that we wont be able to play as sub-houses and here they are.. maybe I am wrong with the server too :) )

Well... Thanks, maybe I could but I let you know that I am the noobest guy here. :P

Just to let everyone know that I'm taking a break from reverse engineering Dune for a while. So don't expect the updated mission editor to be released any time soon.

With the updated sub house fix recently released, it's now possible for complete sub house campaigns to be made so there's lots of room for experimentation there in addition to other new campaigns which could be really interesting if combined with tib ed modifications I think.

I'll still keep an eye on the forums and will probably post every now and then but I won't be working on any tools for a while.

If anyone wants to become an admin on the d2kplus.com website (like you aKaFedaYkin) then I can set that up so that they can add mods and updates.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...