Grenadiers....huh?

gunner154

gunner, have you downloaded the 1.06 patch for Dune 2000 and installed it? Make sure that the language is the one that matches your game. I had some problems with the patch when I installed it and ran the game, but after I re-installed Dune 2000 and then applied the patch, it seemed to run perfectly.

To train Grenadiers, you need a Barracks (duh!) and a hi-tech factory. They are kind of like Ordos Mortar Infantry in Emperor Battle for Dune, but I find them quite useless in Dune 2000. The only thing that they can be used for, is holding infantry passes but that's just about it.

• 3 months later...

That is the funniest thing but anyway place grenadiers in places where they can attack any enemy without taking alot of damage or better yet micro-manage them use them (with a combination of infantry and troopers ) to attack lone harvesters or windtraps in hard to get to places.

• 5 weeks later...

witch house has granaders ? i bet the game with atreades(i cant spell) and i never got them r they just on the pc version cuz i have ps and so far with the other houese i havent seen them i think i saw them on dune for saga once and if there on ps how do i get them have only found them on practise ???

I believe it is a patch that you get to unlock the grenadiers on the PC version (someone correct me if I am wrong). As far as the grenadiers go in the PS version you can get them if you play on the practice mode (I think you can get them ingame but it think it is on later missions).

• 1 month later...

as far as i know grenadiers are suicide guys, nothing else. they throw grenades and damage themselves :) they are only effective vs. infantry but i don't find it worth building them because they are so high up in the tech tree. sardaukar should be cool but same story as grenadier, too high in the tech tree

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everybody. I owned Dune 2000 (PSX) like for 3 months but then a friend stole it and moved away :(. I was never able to pass the damn game. I order the game back like a year later couse i missed it. and i wanted it back. Ok anyways back to the subject. I think Grenadiers rock. and it is true that they die really easy and its funny too couse they blow up. i like using them. couse grenades are cool. But the bad thing is that they can only couse alot of damage Infantry and not vehicle units. Oh i have a question. Are the sand worms possible to kill??? Ive tried but i cant.

Nope, you can only send them underground. Though in some maps you will find open sandworm mouths on the sand. But remember, sandworms are affected by missiles a real lot, so use a squad of troopers. They make quick work of any worm coming their way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think grenadiers are awesome. I scatter them throughout my attack forces. They're relatively inexpensive and are good at taking out infantry. I Keep squads of grenadiers around turrets. This way they can take out approaching troopers that try to blow up your turrets.

I think grenadiers are awesome. I scatter them throughout my attack forces. They're relatively inexpensive and are good at taking out infantry. I Keep squads of grenadiers around turrets. This way they can take out approaching troopers that try to blow up your turrets.

I prefer seige tanks. Uncrushable, more damaging etc. But thats just me.

I agree, but i do think that most of us here are quite accomplished Duners, so money isn't too much of a problem. But you're right, grenadiers can help you out of a sticky situation like when you produce too much and go broke. But that rarely happens, I believe.