[RELEASE] D2K+ Toolkit

mvi

Yea its made by a russian guy, it's clear.

Am army of stealth devastators can be easily destroyed by many squads of troopers (cuz infantry detects stealth) and some missile tanks + ofc, combat & quads. The only surprise would be that you dont know that he builds them because of the stealth.

@mvi: Does the TibEd also allow you to change what units can the given house BUILD? For example, it’d be good to give the Ordos a chance to build missile tanks (since they can only order them per starport). Instead, they can only build deviators, which are more or less suitable for one & only thing: stealing the enemy harvesters. Not to mention the fact that the Ordos also have the weakest combat tanks of all 3 houses... With such poor armor, one can only guess if the Westwood intended to use them more as an exploring unit rather than a fighting unit :D

Which version of TibEd did you use to change that harvester’s properties? Also, which game files will the change affect? I mean, did you back up some files prior to making that change, and if so, which ones were it? The authors of TibEd themselves say that the game may sometimes render unstable if you try to edit it, so I’m just asking this in case something goes wrong... I’m interested in extending the firing range of the sonic tank, just to see how it is to be attacked by a 10 m long sonic wave, LOL :)

Not to mention the fact that the Ordos also have the weakest combat tanks of all 3 houses... With such poor armor, one can only guess if the Westwood intended to use them more as an exploring unit rather than a fighting unit :D

They compensate lower armor with better rate of fire. That means they are faster to destroy other units and base.

They compensate lower armor with better rate of fire. That means they are faster to destroy other units and base.

Man, didn't notice that at all! After playing Dune 2000 for some 13 years, that really sucks, huh? :) Always thought the Ordos combat tanks are just quicker in terms of movement, not in terms of rate of fire. Btw, does it also have the same gun & damage as has H & A combat tank? I'm too lazy to check that up in TibEd, you know ;)

Man, didn't notice that at all! After playing Dune 2000 for some 13 years, that really sucks, huh? :) Always thought the Ordos combat tanks are just quicker in terms of movement, not in terms of rate of fire. Btw, does it also have the same gun & damage as has H & A combat tank? I'm too lazy to check that up in TibEd, you know ;)

Yes, same damage but better rate of fire. In tank battle you don't notice because harkonnen tank have 50% extra hp than ordos tank but rof difference isn't big enough to compensate.

http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/20068-combat-tank-sacrifice-armor-or-rof/

As you can see Harkonnen Combat Tank is very good and Atreides Combat Tank has the worst "trade".

But because special weapon?

Ordos' most valuable weapon is the Deviator. Try to use it against Atreides' Sonic Tank. No way, no chance! (tested - I talk here about human vs human matches). Ordos can be useful against harkonnen but only if hark goes for devastators (which hark wont do vs ordos unless the hark player is retard). Ordos has a weak tank when it comes to armor, that makes ordos house to be very useless.

Ordos' most valuable weapon is the Deviator. Try to use it against Atreides' Sonic Tank. No way, no chance! (tested - I talk here about human vs human matches). Ordos can be useful against harkonnen but only if hark goes for devastators (which hark wont do vs ordos unless the hark player is retard). Ordos has a weak tank when it comes to armor, that makes ordos house to be very useless.

But Atreids combat tank is also terrible. I am agree that Ordos are weak in term of special weapon. Deviator was good in Dune 2, in Dune 2000 is a lot worse (in Dune 2 Sonic Tank is better only in the bugged version).

Also saboteur is terrible against AI compared with Death Hand and Fremen. But of course special weapons are the decisive factor and the main reason Ordos are weaker here.

When Atr u should count on Sonics and dont think about the combat tank's weakness (cuz yes, it is weak :) ). As Harkonnen you can win by using only Combat tanks + quad + troopers ( this is the strategy that I do most when hark). Ofc, when hark vs atr and u want to use this, you should not let atr to make big army & sonics, so keep pressure and harvey hunting :)

I am modding Harkonnen Mission 4. I added a Windtrap and a Barracks for Fremen. I set Non Stealth Fremen buildable on Barracks (Sietch give me strange error) but they don't build. But it is not the unit bugged: Atreides build them if I allow it.

Should I change AI with mission editor? For now I seen how to change reinforcement, I don't see nothing about what AI build and nothing about other thing such which faction is controlled by player.

I am working on a mod that makes ordos better btw, I mean to make it more balanced. I also change sub-houses to make them more special (I mean adding special units). I put for the Fremen index the sietch as buildable & NonSt. Fremens being trainer from it. Note that in order to build Fremens u need sietch, not barracks (unless you edit this thing, ofc)

@Vota dc: I don’t think A combat tank is bad at all. It has better armor than OCT & is quicker than HCT both in movement & rate of fire. In other words, it’s somewhere in the middle between OCT & HCT. I personally like it a lot more than the OCT, which is pretty much good for running over the infantry & revealing the map, rather than for fighting.

@aKaFedaYkin: I still think the Deviator sux (at least in campaign play). It’s totally useless against buildings & infantry, expensive, slow to move & fire, pretty easy to destroy, and, what’s perhaps the worst: it often MISFIRES (i.e. it has to fire more than once in order to successfully change the target’s allegiance).

I am working on a mod that makes ordos better btw, I mean to make it more balanced. I also change sub-houses to make them more special (I mean adding special units). I put for the Fremen index the sietch as buildable & NonSt. Fremens being trainer from it. Note that in order to build Fremens u need sietch, not barracks (unless you edit this thing, ofc)

Don't you get the error "units expected to come from unknown building type"???

: I still think the Deviator sux (at least in campaign play). It’s totally useless against buildings & infantry, expensive, slow to move & fire, pretty easy to destroy, and, what’s perhaps the worst: it often MISFIRES (i.e. it has to fire more than once in order to successfully change the target’s allegiance).

Have to disagree with you on that, I think the Deviator is probably the most dangerous unit of em all. Giving them a seperate number group, while giving another number to your main attack group is a dangerous combination. Turning all their units against each other while not sacrificing your own is a great combination. Pull them back when youve eliminated their defenses then move your attack group in to finish the buildings.

Plz help someone! I’d like to increase the casualty threshold for Mercenaries in O9v2. What should I do?

For the “Mercenary leader: We’re losing too many men!” message:

Casualty Threshold = 10

unknown C1 = 224

unknown C2 = 63

For the “Mercenary leader: We’ve lost too many men! We must withdraw our support!” message:

Casualty Threshold = 15

unknown C1 = 32

unknown C2 = 64

Do I need to change only the Casualty threshold parameter or also the C1 & C2? What do these C1 & C2 parameters represent? Thanks in advance!

They come from barracks. I had that error

But how to make Fremen buildable for Fremen only? If you tick fremen the house that share the barracks (Atreides by default) would build them as well. Or maybe you have set sietch buildable only by Fremen as secondary requisite for Fremen?

I tried to give different starport to subhouse to build a combat tank in factory and order another type. But they get the same. I can't even swape combat tank among house: if Ordos have as default Atreiedes Heavy Factory they will build Ordos Combat Tank, only difference is they will build Sonic Tank instead Deviator.

But honestly I just deleted the diplomacy and casualty conditions and triggers, now they are always allied no matter what :)

Well, that’s exactly what I did :) Too bad it came to my mind only after I wrote that previous post of mine :) It’s the easiest way, and it works 100 %!

• Upvote 1

(my english is poor)

Perfect tool! I missed Dune2000 and i played "Atreides Campaign" its very good :) the last mission continued for 9 hours :S :D

I want you could create all 9 missions campaigns, difficult as "Atreides Campaign 9".

I always in dune2k.com and follow your all works :)