[RELEASE] D2K+ Toolkit

mvi

• 2 weeks later...

Mvi, do you perhaps know more about what for tools/programs they used in creating Dune 2000? Maybe you found some hints here and there in the files about the production chain? I'm mainly interested in two things;

1. The 3D modelling program they used. So with this I perhaps can figure out the textures they used, lighting settings, etc. If you didn't find anything in the files, perhaps do you know what programs were mainly used for 3D around the time that Dune 2000 was created?

2. The same as with the 3D modelling tool, but now for the sound tool. Listening to the music tracks makes me think they used some sort of synthesizer and not an orchestra, well at least most of the time, so this should mean that the music style is replicable... only problem is the lack of a decent music database. I know there are some interviews with Frank Klepacki the composer of the Dune 2000, but I couldn't find anything on how he composed it.

Is it perhaps an idea to link the Dune 2000 file types to your editors so they get opened directly? This would require a register edit I think, which would mean annoying installers, which I don't prefer. So maybe just an extra option in the Launcher would be a nice solution?

I also made some icons for the editors of the toolkit, I hope you like them. I'm open to suggestion (especially for a image idea for the UIL editor).

Preview image:

ohi9mc.png

icons.zip

This is a planned improvement to be rolled out in Toolkit 2 to all new and existing tools. 

There's a page on the Wiki which is set up for suggestions and improvements - http://d2kplus.com/wiki/index.php?title=Toolkit_2_Suggestions

Thanks for the icons, the mission editor's icon is currently a red flag and I'd like to use the same for .mis since I think a red flag is quite a clear indicator of a mission (think objective marker).

It would be great to have icons for R8 and R16 files which are related, but different. The tiles could be useful for .map files?

Command line tools can be cumbersome, so yes! The .aud files contain only the background music, right? Less "modding-able" than the .rs sounds, but still nice to be able to play with.

Ok, I had some issues with creating this tool, mainly it was because the CLI tools I'm wrapping are so old that they have to be dealt with in a very precise way, with regard to filenames and paths.

These issues have now been resolved.

You can also now do Open With or drag an AUD file onto the Dune 2000 Audio Converter and it will automatically load it. A screenshot of the progress so far:

EnbyBQs.png

• Upvote 2

Is it perhaps an idea to link the Dune 2000 file types to your editors so they get opened directly? This would require a register edit I think, which would mean annoying installers, which I don't prefer. So maybe just an extra option in the Launcher would be a nice solution?

I also made some icons for the editors of the toolkit, I hope you like them. I'm open to suggestion (especially for a image idea for the UIL editor).

Preview image:

ohi9mc.png

attachicon.gificons.zip

the reg edit could be done by the launcher as well.

This is a planned improvement to be rolled out in Toolkit 2 to all new and existing tools. 

There's a page on the Wiki which is set up for suggestions and improvements - http://d2kplus.com/wiki/index.php?title=Toolkit_2_Suggestions

Thanks for the icons, the mission editor's icon is currently a red flag and I'd like to use the same for .mis since I think a red flag is quite a clear indicator of a mission (think objective marker).

It would be great to have icons for R8 and R16 files which are related, but different. The tiles could be useful for .map files?

Yeah the tiles icon could be used for the .map files.

Is this something you had in mind for related but different icons for R8 and R16?

Example image:

21kis.png

image editor icons.zip

The UIL editor (v0.1) is not working 100%, when I simply load the MainMenu.uil file and save it again with the editor (so no modifications done), it will make the game crash. When looking at the created and original .uil file in XVI32 it looks like the editor just forgets the last two lines.

The UIL editor (v0.1) is not working 100%, when I simply load the MainMenu.uil file and save it again with the editor (so no modifications done), it will make the game crash. When looking at the created and original .uil file in XVI32 it looks like the editor just forgets the last two lines.

same problem I had when I edited mainmenu.uil...

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey everyone, been awhile since ive been on, decided to boot up the campaign editor but im having a problem. I recenetly got a new desktop with windows 7, and the campaign editor has a bit of trouble on the system. Part of the map is cut off on the right side as well as the listing with the unit/building names. Any solution to that?

Hey everyone, been awhile since ive been on, decided to boot up the campaign editor but im having a problem. I recenetly got a new desktop with windows 7, and the campaign editor has a bit of trouble on the system. Part of the map is cut off on the right side as well as the listing with the unit/building names. Any solution to that?

Can you post a picture of it?

dune.png

As you can see to the right theres some white space. The atreides base is cut off, and im unable to scroll further to view the rest of the map to the right.

you need to resize the window, I get the same issue on my 1080p monitor, as the program doesn't seem to be able to handle the larger windowing very well.