[RELEASE] D2K+ Toolkit

mvi

@mvi: Why there are X & Y coordinates next to a starport delivery? Does it have any bearing or is it completely irrelevant if I put, say X = 29 & Y = 45 or X = 0 & Y = 0? One would think that these X & Y values would point to the exact location of the given starport, but that's not the case. If you open, say, the H6v2 level, you'll see that the the X & Y values for the Ordos starport delivery are 5 & 45, but the actual starport lies somewhere else...

Probably just redundant variables. I expect they changed the way that starport delivery events work and they're just legacy remains. If they don't have any effect just ignore them :-)

• 1 month later...

"d2k+ The home of dune 2000 modding"

I like it! :) There is still life in the community/modding!

Now where did I see that high resolution hack? CCHyper still alive?

Oh man, believe me, I want that thing too.. I contacted CCHyper last week on CnCNet chat, but didn't respond.. 3 days in a row :D I also asked him to update that post, at least to tell us if he is still up for the project or the project is dead.. As some ppl say, he seems to start projects and when he is bored of them, stickes to another. So probably the High-Res patch won't come out very soon. Only if there would be someone else who can do it, and who wants to. But the High-Res would be a "must have" for all dunners, especially in multiplayer over Hamachi, cuz believe me, i know it from my online experience, it would be easier to manage the army if you will see smaller & more :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Set condition events are for use with dummy conditions. You can use a dummy condition as a flag to store whether something is true or not. For example harvester redeliveries use a dummy condition to say that a harvester has been requested. If they did not use dummy conditions the game would be constantly trying to send more harvesters to be delivered.

• 2 months later...

AI SEGMENTS:

3 - AI acts like in practice MODE - builds buildings.

3856 - when unit is built timer starts to count time and then BOOM! Attacks. When timer stopped built units at this time period automaticaly are waiting for attack start, which is again waiting ((3860 - 3856)/10) seconds; ?

3932 - delay for repeated attacks.

7428 - number of harvesters for each refinery.

7429 - number of carryalls for each refinery.

7468 - delay for AI building units. Only at game begining.

• Upvote 2

Yep, definitely an awesome job. I'm still waiting for the day when we will be able to make our own AI. :D i'll finally make a decent AI for this game, to make it actually imteresting and challenging (although nothing can be compared with online matches, u guys should really try that).

Yep, definitely an awesome job. I'm still waiting for the day when we will be able to make our own AI. :D i'll finally make a decent AI for this game, to make it actually imteresting and challenging (although nothing can be compared with online matches, u guys should really try that).

Im with you on that. I dont care if im 60 years old and we find out :)

Hey does any one have the toolkit version with the implemented AI segments? I had the version awhile ago but the file was accidentally deleted and it isnt added on this site.

EDIT:Never mind found it!

Suggestion: Maybe the Mission editor Preview .04 should be posted here since it has the AI segment editing

Well your definitly right about the timer for AI attacks. I set the 3856 byte to 100 and the AI were sending every single unit every 5-10 seconds so your right on that one, but Im quite confused what the second (3860) value accounts for as well as for the "repeated attack delay (3932) does

It's my old tests, i'll do more later.

3900 (100), 3901 (0), 3902 (0), 3903 (0), 3904 (0) - big army, waited for a long time, no attacks. Only 2 times siege tank traveled to enemy base (maybe for scaring them? idk)

3900 (99), 3901 (0), 3902 (0), 3903 (0), 3904 (0) - still big army.

3900 (80), 3901 (0), 3902 (0), 3903 (0), 3904 (0) - same.

3900 (1), 3901 (0), 3902 (0), 3903 (0), 3904 (0) - big army, waited some time. Only 2 troopers & 2 infantries attacked enemy.

3900 (0), 3901 (1), 3902 (0), 3903 (0), 3904 (0) - waited some time. Quad, missle tank, trooper, infantry, siege tank attacked enemy.

I also found some kind of seeds or something:

But I didn't found any changes...

All of these tests I've noticed that almost always AI is sending one or more units to the enemy base.

If your talking about the dword bytes from 4216-4228 yes. Most of them have 1684300900 for 4220 in all AI in most or all missions. They probably represent a code on how the AI utilizes and produces units?

As for the 3900-3904, the default is 15. They change from AI to AI in each mission that has coded AI. 3901, 3902 and 3903 change from 15 to another higher number. Try only changing those numbers around, not 3900 and 3904

Good job guys. After u discover more stuff,.the mission editor should be updated. I'd really like to be able to improve the skirmish ai more than campaign ai (in campaign giving them periodical reinf improves alot) . But side 0 of _PRAC looks kinda weird (ai is in side 0 - atr, at least if u export than them import for campaign ai acts as in skirmish). Although in not sure how much is posible in .mis, big ai data is in dune2000.dat

Say, aren't you guys adding in the high resolution support yet other than Hyper doing it? Red Alert 1 already has that support along with some major fixes.

Doesnt seem that somebody is working on it. And Hyper kinda abandoned it, i talked with him on CnCNet chat and he didnt say neither yes nor no. But if someone could do it, that would be awesome.

Good job guys. After u discover more stuff,.the mission editor should be updated.

What you could do is you can change some of the meanings in the "SegmentData" list. Instead of it saying "Unknown value" Just replace it with the ones we discovered. Bigger updates would need to come from MVI since he is the one who created it as well as the only one with greater Coding knowledge.

What you could do is you can change some of the meanings in the "SegmentData" list. Instead of it saying "Unknown value" Just replace it with the ones we discovered. Bigger updates would need to come from MVI since he is the one who created it as well as the only one with greater Coding knowledge.

Yes, I was reffering to MVI, to update the mission editor and also, in my opinion , the version with AI segments editing should be more popular. It is not included in the toolkit, but I think that it can be downloaded from the "Mission Editor" tab in d2kplus.com if I remember well.

Just to provide another link to the preview

Mission Editor 0.4 PREVIEW

As Sandworm says, the preview fetches those names from the txt file included with it. Modifying the names in that .txt will modify it in editor. So it would be great if someone uploaded a revised txt for everyone.

Updating the toolkit is a fair idea, I'll see about updating it to include both the 0.4 Mission Editor preview and 0.2 string table editor.