[RELEASE] D2K+ Toolkit

mvi

The first toolkit has been released, including the latest versions of all editors that are part of the toolkit as well as a launcher which is ideal for pinning to your start bar or desktop.

D2K+ Toolkit Release 1

B6Orh.png

Includes:

* Launcher for pinning to Start Bar, Desktop or Quick Launch for easy development

* Campaign Map Editor

* Mission Editor

* String Table Editor

* Tile Set Editor

* UI Layout Editor

Please note: This is an Alpha release, it is unlikely to be stable and may suffer from bugs. I recommend you back up your files/installation before editing.

Download at D2K+

• Upvote 3

Small bug:post-2251-0-74773300-1313831836_thumb.jp

After moving the map it sometimes goes away again...

I'm on win7 64bit with Ati HD4870 (e8400 cpu)

//edit:

Another problem: when building for example a radar with the editor, it does not give the upgrades in the game. I need to rebuild it during playing to get the extra buildings.

Also, perhaps same problem, the mercenaries got a new base from me, but besides the harvester, they don't use it - like it's not registered in the mission...?

//edit2:

in the mission editor: the list with building index is very unclear. please add lines to separate ordos/harkonnen/etc.

I tried to add a message, but I can only have the event of "basedestroyed"... oooh wait. nvm. I need to change the index... didn't know that...

//edit3:

What is import AI Segment? Artificial Intelligence? I asks to open a file I have no idea where it is... or what it is...

Small bug:post-2251-0-74773300-1313831836_thumb.jp

After moving the map it sometimes goes away again...

I'm on win7 64bit with Ati HD4870 (e8400 cpu)

//edit:

Another problem: when building for example a radar with the editor, it does not give the upgrades in the game. I need to rebuild it during playing to get the extra buildings.

Also, perhaps same problem, the mercenaries got a new base from me, but besides the harvester, they don't use it - like it's not registered in the mission...?

//edit2:

in the mission editor: the list with building index is very unclear. please add lines to separate ordos/harkonnen/etc.

I tried to add a message, but I can only have the event of "basedestroyed"... oooh wait. nvm. I need to change the index... didn't know that...

//edit3:

What is import AI Segment? Artificial Intelligence? I asks to open a file I have no idea where it is... or what it is...

I should speak to Klofkac, I have no involvement in the map editor.

No idea about the upgrades, however for the mercenaries if you've enabled them they'll probably need some AI copied over.

Ok, I'll separate the buildings by house in a future release.

Yep, we currently don't understand how the AI chunks work, so I have enabled the capability to export AI from a mission and import it in. You of course need to export a AI segment before you can import it, This means for example that you could replace the smuggler AI in a level with the Hark AI from another level.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I havent been on in a while and I must say...MVI you came through with flying colors! Finally, a dune2k editor that does it all. Thank you sincerely for making this! No more shai hulud editing!

Trying it out, and will be glad to give feed back and suggestions. Thanks again!

EDIT: Just wanted to say that so far, the toolkit is outstanding. All modes are pretty stable, I have yet to find a problem with it. So far Ive edited all campaign missions for practice and they all played through perfectly. Really hope you all make some more progress on it.

• 2 weeks later...

U will need to know the message indexes numbers (for example "Harkonnen have been annihilated" is 600, find others from the original misssions) and u'll need to use dummy condition. Download my atreides campaign,there you will see.how i did.. Hope it works for u too

• 3 weeks later...

That's a really cool mod, looks like it was made with TibEd.

Just copied the harvester

20120213184838189.png

To do this in TibEd I gave the harvester these settings:

2012021318494589.png

20120213184959837.png

Not sure how to make the stealth devasator yet, haven't had time to look into it

Even with the patch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUKWhpZk8ogfYFGCuHt_SXcg&v=GAsHh4GvPOI#t=586s

He's replaced the stealth raider, later in the video you see his delivery is a bunch of devastators and a bunch of stealth raiders.

Not sure how to change starport delivery options though, that'd be interesting

Oh ok, silly me. There's an option to mark units as starportable in tibed. So I unchecked trike, enabled devastator and allowed Atreides to build devastators too:

20120213192717554.png

Any other cool stuff in the vid that I missed?

Cool range these Devastators have :) With that kind of deadly & invisible army, defeating the enemy would be a piece of cake – provided he wouldn’t use these same units against you, that is ;) These Harvesters look really funny (and weird!) with that gun, btw. Judging from the writing, it was (probably?) done by some Russians, using the TibEd...