[RELEASE] Dune 2000 Mission Editor

mvi

How in accuracy the condition "Time" with use of function of "%" works? I have established 1000 % for a condition "Win Condition". Thought Earlier that time is calculated in a kind: 1000/60 = 16 seconds. However when has started game побена has come through 30 - 32 seconds, instead of in 16 seconds. Now I can not understand as time with use of function of "%" is calculated.

Interesting that the computer doesn't build any building if at it have destroyed all base. I have specially established a reinforcement with MCV on other continent for the computer with condition that the reinforcement comes only after destruction of its base. As a result the computer uses MCV and creates Constraction Yard, but doesn't build other structures. Money to the computer it has been established specially much.

The computer starts to build anew all structures only if it still had at least one structure.

How in accuracy the condition "Time" with use of function of "%" works? I have established 1000 % for a condition "Win Condition". Thought Earlier that time is calculated in a kind: 1000/60 = 16 seconds. However when has started game побена has come through 30 - 32 seconds, instead of in 16 seconds. Now I can not understand as time with use of function of "%" is calculated.

Interesting that the computer doesn't build any building if at it have destroyed all base. I have specially established a reinforcement with MCV on other continent for the computer with condition that the reinforcement comes only after destruction of its base. As a result the computer uses MCV and creates Constraction Yard, but doesn't build other structures. Money to the computer it has been established specially much.

The computer starts to build anew all structures only if it still had at least one structure.

The AI will only rebuild destroyed buildings while it can, and it can only remember 2 or 3 before it forgets the others.

if you want an event to occur once, use "=", if you want it to be reoccurring, use "%".

Every event in a mission file is needed, remove one and you risk ruining the others.

Only two events enough for mission :

Mission Win

Mission Fail

All other events aren't obligatory and they can be delited. Simply when new mission own, many events and consequently also conditions aren't present necessity to use is created. Thus they take a place. Interesting how many events and conditions the game supports for one mission ...

The AI will only rebuild destroyed buildings while it can, and it can only remember 2 or 3 before it forgets the others.

if you want an event to occur once, use "=", if you want it to be reoccurring, use "%".

Every event in a mission file is needed, remove one and you risk ruining the others.

If you know what you remove is not so risky.. I always remove events, of course after I notice which are important or which match what I want from that mission. I usually keep the enemy AI reinforcements because these make the AI to attack, so they are useful. But in rest I delete many of them (not all of course). But yes, before you delete an event you must see what it actually does.

It is indisputable. I have understood you at once. Simply it is more convenient to me to delete all and form events and mission functions from the beginning. However, it is a pity that removal of conditions (those conditions which are in the beginning, the middle of the list of conditions, instead of in the end) isn't absolutely finished.

While only I study program possibilities. Here some supervision and the information if it is certainly interesting to someone. All data is checked precisely up and coincides with a reality in game.

For a condition "Time" with function "=":

500/60/= 8,3 seconds, however, having measured a stop watch in game I receive time equal to 25 seconds.

Hence at value 1000 I receive in game result in 50 seconds.

It turns out that 1 minute is equal to value 1200, where 60 (seconds) x 20 = 1200. 30 minutes are 1200 x 60 = 72000.

Function "=" doesn't work, when it is necessary to receive certain result after concrete event. Yet I do not understand as after certain event through a necessary time interval to receive the necessary result (unitary result). If it would be necessary that constantly repeated, we use function of "%" and action will repeat.

Concrete situation:

It is necessary that after building destruction the reinforcement would be created, however it should occur only once. I.e. if I construct a building anew and to me again will destroy this building the reinforcement shouldn't come any more. I believed that function "=" reckons time after approach of the set condition, however in this function readout begins with the level beginning.

For functions ">" and "<" the same calculations approach.

It is funny that if to specify for event "Unit Spawn" a small time range on the screen for a second there will be many units.

For example, it is possible to specify an interval ">" = 500 and "<" = 504. To place in "Unit Spawn" 8 units and for 1 second on the screen will appear at once 24. If to set an interval ">" = 500 and "<" = 510 there will be 72 units.

Further I used a condition "Interval" simultaneously together with ">", "<":

Timer:> 100 (5 seconds)

Interval: - where "Interval" = 200 "," Start Delay = 100 "," Run Count "=10

Timer: <1200 (60 seconds)

It is possible to replace Interval on Time %. For example so:

Timer = 200 % (each 10 seconds)

Timer: <3600 (3 minutes)

There is a question. Whether someone checked, whether there are distinctions in time intervals depending on the chosen complexity of game? I tested at difficult level. There is a theory that time intervals will be others since speed of construction of buildings and units depend on a difficulty choicen in game.

It is indisputable. I have understood you at once. Simply it is more convenient to me to delete all and form events and mission functions from the beginning. However, it is a pity that removal of conditions (those conditions which are in the beginning, the middle of the list of conditions, instead of in the end) isn't absolutely finished.

While only I study program possibilities. Here some supervision and the information if it is certainly interesting to someone. All data is checked precisely up and coincides with a reality in game.

For a condition "Time" with function "=":

500/60/= 8,3 seconds, however, having measured a stop watch in game I receive time equal to 25 seconds.

Hence at value 1000 I receive in game result in 50 seconds.

It turns out that 1 minute is equal to value 1200, where 60 (seconds) x 20 = 1200. 30 minutes are 1200 x 60 = 72000.

Function "=" doesn't work, when it is necessary to receive certain result after concrete event. Yet I do not understand as after certain event through a necessary time interval to receive the necessary result (unitary result). If it would be necessary that constantly repeated, we use function of "%" and action will repeat.

Concrete situation:

It is necessary that after building destruction the reinforcement would be created, however it should occur only once. I.e. if I construct a building anew and to me again will destroy this building the reinforcement shouldn't come any more. I believed that function "=" reckons time after approach of the set condition, however in this function readout begins with the level beginning.

For functions ">" and "<" the same calculations approach.

It is funny that if to specify for event "Unit Spawn" a small time range on the screen for a second there will be many units.

For example, it is possible to specify an interval ">" = 500 and "<" = 504. To place in "Unit Spawn" 8 units and for 1 second on the screen will appear at once 24. If to set an interval ">" = 500 and "<" = 510 there will be 72 units.

Further I used a condition "Interval" simultaneously together with ">", "<":

Interval: - where "Interval" = 200 "," Start Delay = 100 "," Run Count "=10

Timer: <1200 (60 seconds)

It is possible to replace Interval on Time %. For example so:

Timer = 200 % (each 10 seconds)

Timer: <3600 (3 minutes)

There is a question. Whether someone checked, whether there are distinctions in time intervals depending on the chosen complexity of game? I tested at difficult level. There is a theory that time intervals will be others since speed of construction of buildings and units depend on a difficulty choicen in game.

The timings are based on the game being played at maximum speed

I see. Thanks, MVI.

About unknown event 6:

Tested on 2 maps: 128x128 and 48x48. Used various variants of functions for a condition "Time". Further tried event variants "Interval" with different parameters. Any obvious result. At all it seems that the computer would attack. As for cleanliness of experiment changed AI the computer from different missions.

As there is one convincing enough proof that this event doesn't concern attack:

In the majority of missions unknown event 6 is set by a condition "Time" = 1000. Same obviously means that the computer will attack only once in 50 seconds (at difficult level precisely), however it doesn't occur. Value change "Time" on 2500, 5000, 500, 200 - give nothing.

As many variants Unknown61 and Unknown62 though it made sense since in all missions identifiers of houses in a kind obviously specified - 1 and 1, 2 and 2 , 3 and 3 ....

The result while - event doesn't concern attack (normal, standard attack).

It is interesting that in mission _h8v1 event "Unknown6" is connected with events "Diplomacy". There is a sensation that will be most easier to understand an essence of this event in the given level (_h8v1). Truth what exactly should be checked up there are no ideas while more.

By the way, why it is called "Unknown6"? Where other unknown events or conditions? If they are, would be good to add their to the editor what to test and find the new. In Tibed many unknown bytes have been opened by such way.

Probably it is necessary to analyse all chain of events of diplomacy and other events connected with them and conditions and there will be new ideas for search (maybe).

I have some ideas, but I haven't worked on it much, and the idea is basically dead according to mvi's research.

It's not impossible but you would have to do a total conversion and replace one of the house's because the audio prefixes are hard coded. That would require an advanced R8/R16 editor which doesn't exist currently.

It's not impossible but you would have to do a total conversion and replace one of the house's because the audio prefixes are hard coded. That would require an advanced R8/R16 editor which doesn't exist currently.

Ok :)

MVI, search in any AI file exported the code of it and if you want, send me the proyect of an AI editor (using your *.misai files) to help you improve it (cosorio1992@hotmail.com). Then we will confirm exactly the function of unknown6 condition. And don't worry for the time you take ("If only the patience was a right & not a virtue..."). rolleyes.gif ;)

I see. Thanks, MVI.

About unknown event 6:

Tested on 2 maps: 128x128 and 48x48. Used various variants of functions for a condition "Time". Further tried event variants "Interval" with different parameters. Any obvious result. At all it seems that the computer would attack. As for cleanliness of experiment changed AI the computer from different missions.

As there is one convincing enough proof that this event doesn't concern attack:

In the majority of missions unknown event 6 is set by a condition "Time" = 1000. Same obviously means that the computer will attack only once in 50 seconds (at difficult level precisely), however it doesn't occur. Value change "Time" on 2500, 5000, 500, 200 - give nothing.

As many variants Unknown61 and Unknown62 though it made sense since in all missions identifiers of houses in a kind obviously specified - 1 and 1, 2 and 2 , 3 and 3 ....

The result while - event doesn't concern attack (normal, standard attack).

It is interesting that in mission _h8v1 event "Unknown6" is connected with events "Diplomacy". There is a sensation that will be most easier to understand an essence of this event in the given level (_h8v1). Truth what exactly should be checked up there are no ideas while more.

By the way, why it is called "Unknown6"? Where other unknown events or conditions? If they are, would be good to add their to the editor what to test and find the new. In Tibed many unknown bytes have been opened by such way.

Probably it is necessary to analyse all chain of events of diplomacy and other events connected with them and conditions and there will be new ideas for search (maybe).

Then this condition only send a signal of attack and is for the AI to decide to execute it or not. I've reduced the time on _A5V1.MIS to execute it and nothing happened in the time assigned. On other cases the AI sends a wave to assault enemy bases.

Then this condition only send a signal of attack and is for the AI to decide to execute it or not. I've reduced the time on _A5V1.MIS to execute it and nothing happened in the time assigned. On other cases the AI sends a wave to assault enemy bases.

What other cases do you mean? Give an example, please.

In all cases of attack AI checked by me didn't coincide with specified time. If I cleaned Unkown6 AI attacked as without changes.

In number of attacks I observe a difference only when I import AI last missions to earlier missions. For example from 9 levels in 2 level.

IA starts to build actively units and to send them to attack. Whether thus don't important use event Unkown6 or not use.

Please give an example a case when AI sends an attack wave about which you speak. It will be interesting to test.

About "Time Limit Disable" event:

In mission "a5v1" there is time counter (10 minutes readout from the level beginning). In this mission event "Time Limit Disable" is used. Whether It is possible to use this counter of time in other missions? Whether it is possible to make so, what the counter would join after the set events, instead of from the mission beginning?

I tried to add similarly counter in other missions, but it won't work. While has come to a conclusion that the counter is sewn up in a mission code.

if you get somehow patch for dune2000 1.03 to work soemtimes ai appear to loop and produce army and dont use it, if you kill all his harvesters and he sell base then he move all his army to you.

Probably really AI accumulates units if to use event Unknown6. It will be necessary to check up it with conditions ">" and "<".

Then AI should accumulate armies the specified time, and then either to attack, or to continue to accumulate units.

It is difficult to test what to receive exact result.