[RELEASE] Dune 2000 Mission Editor

mvi

AI always attack after getting carryall reinforcements, except for mercenary AI, which functions quite differently then regular AI.

i put reinforcements to atreides and fremens but they dont use the units (they don't really move that units).

and about the deploy action, i always set it up to 1 when i create a starport delivery event.. Maybe if i will give them a base they will act properly, or if i change the units that have to be deployed.

I'm having some trouble with the fact that when a building is destroyed or so many casualties the action is repeated too often. It gives a constant "1", but it should only do the action once. I tried an interval set to 1, but that does not work.

MMMMMMMM... Try mixing conditions with Dummy ones. It may confuse with TECHPOS.BIN file (which gives the AI the codes for units and structures that can be seen by using TibEd editor). What building are you talking about? What is the exact count of casualties?

At least for the "reinforcement" event I realised that in "DeployAction?" section 0 means guard mode, 1 means attack and 2 means that AI moves the units in-base. Am I correct? And it is the same for Starport reinforcements?

At least for the "reinforcement" event I realised that in "DeployAction?" section 0 means guard mode, 1 means attack and 2 means that AI moves the units in-base. Am I correct? And it is the same for Starport reinforcements?

Interesting, is this only for AI players or does it work for the player too?

Interesting, is this only for AI players or does it work for the player too?

I think that only for AI. But I took a look at O9V1, O9V2, at the Starport deliveries. All the starport reinforcements have number 1, but the units from the cargo don't attack as soon as they're deployed. They wait until are many and after that attack. So I think that these numbers really work only for Carryall Reinforcements and UnitSpawn. I will try to see if UnitSpawn uses these numbers, I haven't tried this, and also I want to see if number "2" in a Starport reinforcement will make the units to move around the base, because with 0 or 1 they sit near starport until they attack.

A question. mvi, about the unknown6 event, what really means? It appears on the following MIS files:

_A5V1.MIS (2 times)

_A8V1.MIS (2 times)

_A9V1.MIS (3 times)

_A9V2.MIS (4 times)

_H8V1.MIS (2 times)

Both values appears to indicate a player on the list & this event either force the AI to attack or force it to halt all non-defending units around the base. Can you test this one? (Maybe i'm wrong)

A question. mvi, about the unknown6 event, what really means? It appears on the following MIS files:

_A5V1.MIS (2 times)

_A8V1.MIS (2 times)

_A9V1.MIS (3 times)

_A9V2.MIS (4 times)

_H8V1.MIS (2 times)

Both values appears to indicate a player on the list & this event either force the AI to attack or force it to halt all non-defending units around the base. Can you test this one? (Maybe i'm wrong)

I'm not sure that's why it's called "unknown" ;-) I can't test at the moment because I've had some issues with my eyes and don't want to put too much strain on them at the moment. Interesting AI findings though, it'd be cool if you could try adding this event to a simple mission like A2V2 and see what happens :)

My results indicates that unknown6 event forces the AI to attack, IF the player indicated has an AI. Can anyone (except mvi: he's too busy) test itself this event with a timer of at least 2500? Recommend "%" comparison function to see what can do in most cases.

what kind of attack? Like beserk or a normal attack?

what kind of attack? Like beserk or a normal attack?

Normal attacks, otherwise it wouldn't have a defensive group at least. This event is more useful in A8V1 (8th Atreides Mission) as the Ordos appears to need it to attack with so many vehicles & tanks (infantry is the minory on that attack).

My results indicates that unknown6 event forces the AI to attack, IF the player indicated has an AI. Can anyone (except mvi: he's too busy) test itself this event with a timer of at least 2500? Recommend "%" comparison function to see what can do in most cases.

How did you indicate a side? I am curious and wish to test this myself.

I am in the middle of creating a level from scratch and it is the perfect chance to test this out.

How did you indicate a side? I am curious and wish to test this myself.

I am in the middle of creating a level from scratch and it is the perfect chance to test this out.

Both values requires the side of the AI player which you will execute that order:

0: Atreides

1: Harkonnen

2: Ordos

3: Emperor

4: Fremen

5: Smugglers

6: Mercenaries

7: Sandworm?

Be careful when using this event. Still I think I'm wrong with my theory (Who knows?), then tell me what did happend.

Both values requires the side of the AI player which you will execute that order:

0: Atreides

1: Harkonnen

2: Ordos

3: Emperor

4: Fremen

5: Smugglers

6: Mercenaries

7: Sandworm?

Be careful when using this event. Still I think I'm wrong with my theory (Who knows?), then tell me what did happend.

What kind of attack is this?

Those are the house index numbers, which from what I understand he is saying needs to go into both text fields.

i understood that, but i asked what type of attack this event gives. It is like beserk, or a normal attack, or what?

i have studied _o6v1.mis and o6v2.mis and i have found that smugglers had added money and allied to ordos, but they dont appear on map, ater placing buldings , they do notthing - how to activate their ai ?

ad some houses have added 1 credit and techlevels but still not on map. i belive that there was going by developpers something more but suddenly they stopped . too many proof of that.. btw i do have orginal cd got by allegro (similar to ebay) orginal dune 2000 disc and with box, and there was description about allying with smugglers.. ... now its time to reveal more things.

i wonder if whole game can be "eyesighted" to see more.

about death hand missile, if it could be possible to give it coordinates where it falls it could do damage, so its possible to make any use of it?

about death hand missile, if it could be possible to give it coordinates where it falls it could do damage, so its possible to make any use of it?

Not possible unfortunately, it's a glitch that it works at all. If you want to use it you'll have to design your map around death hands only hitting the exact centre of the map.

well now i have seen something more interresing.. i added emperor buldings to h6v2.map and checked by mis editor and what? emperor has added money techlevel etc.

i placed all buldings and saved map, then played game and seen that "emperor" ordos was making units and attacking my base..

I welcome, respected,

Thanks WMI for this possibility to create own missions.

Who knows that such "Dummy condition"? This condition it is used practically in all missions.

up to now I know how to use Dummy Conditions only for "message" events, like "The Mercenaries have been annihilated". I will try to find out more things that contain these conditions.

up to now I know how to use Dummy Conditions only for "message" events, like "The Mercenaries have been annihilated". I will try to find out more things that contain these conditions.

its used to add a bit more complexity, for example, When there are no harvesters on the field, a dummy condition is set to "true". If the condition was not set, the game would crash because it would send thousands of harvesters to the field. When the harvester actually arrives, the dummy is set to "false" so that the event can happen again.

You are absolutely right, Gruntlord6, concerning Dummy Conditions. Thus it is possible to connect some various conditions and do events by more flexible.

For example it is possible to establish a reinforcement in case the base of the computer is destroyed. Also many other conditions. Looking what to think up.

Unfortunately there is one serious inconvenience:

If to remove unnecessary Conditions - which aren't used in one of Events then some cease to work earlier correctly working Events in game. In particular it concerns such Events as "Reinforcement" with use of sheaves Events with the help "Set Condition" and "Dummy Condition".

Those "events" in game for which cease to work indexes of "conditions" have changed.

What to rectify situation it would be necessary to remove in these idle Evens all "conditions" and to add the new, changed indexes "conditions" in these Events. Then to "Apply" and spoiled Events again will correctly work in game.

I hope that has clearly explained.

If someone knows, how it is correct to delete unnecessary conditions please inform. Otherwise it is necessary to alter the spoiled events always. Or consistently to create only those conditions, which are necessary now for certain event and as precisely to plan all necessary events in all mission in advance.