[RELEASE] Dune 2000 Mission Editor

mvi

Perhaps next time your question will remain completely unanswered since you "appreciate" the help of others.

Well, from a guy who won’t even bother to (at least) give a short reply to a friendly email send directly to him, this doesn’t surprise me… Anyway, I’m really sorry that I had caused you such a “hard time” reading my stupid posts… Stupid they are, isn’t it? I’d think that if someone wants to receive a constructive feedback at something which he created (or helped creating), he’d be interested in it… Anyway fine, I won’t bother your majesty again… Have a nice time here fedaykining everyone, mate!

Well, from a guy who won’t even bother to (at least) give a short reply to a friendly email send directly to him, this doesn’t surprise me… Anyway, I’m really sorry that I had caused you such a “hard time” reading my stupid posts… Stupid they are, isn’t it? I’d think that if someone wants to receive a constructive feedback at something which he created (or helped creating), he’d be interested in it… Anyway fine, I won’t bother your majesty again… Have a nice time here fedaykining everyone, mate!

I reply to every email I get, I have no idea what you are talking about. If you sent an email to my @gruntmods.com email, you should have received a delivery failure notification, indicating it is offline. Stop complaining about people not helping you, people ARE helping you. I offered help, and MVI offered to make a whole video to help you (which is a lot considering how busy he is). Calm down and be patient, the world does not revolve around you.

I'm definitely for it! First of all, I can't imagine a better explanation of how to use it than a tutorial from the original author of this (great!) program. And secondly, uploading to youtube will only help to promote it.

Thanks :) I'll have access to my main computer the weekend after this one coming, so the first videos will probably be the week after next.I hope to also investigate the mission AI segments now that we know a little more about specific side AI in missions. The R8/R16 editor I started is already very promising, although I haven't had a chance to work on it for more than a few hours yet, but I'm hoping to release it mid to late November.

Gruntlord6: Re: that email which I’ve sent to you, no, I didn’t receive any delivery failure notification, but if it’s true that it didn’t reach you, then fine, I take it back. I understand that mvi is busy these days, and frankly, no one (including me) should blame him for anything as he’s sacrificed a lot of time to get this done and, what’s even more important, he did it for free. I just think that the questions which I raised are worth of replying at, and would certainly interest NOT ONLY ME but other D2K fans as well...

Thanks :) I'll have access to my main computer the weekend after this one coming, so the first videos will probably be the week after next.I hope to also investigate the mission AI segments now that we know a little more about specific side AI in missions. The R8/R16 editor I started is already very promising, although I haven't had a chance to work on it for more than a few hours yet, but I'm hoping to release it mid to late November.

Server is still on hold, but I have been getting free hosting on the plus side until it gets fixed :P

• 5 months later...

Probably the error is "Too many deliveries" not "Too many gameticks".. GameTicks is kinda a timer that shows u when the error occured.

Are they Carryal reinforcements, unit spawns or starport deliveries? Anyway try to look again on ur events and conditions and try to make sure that:

* your reinforcement events don't have 1 thousand units

* watch at ur timer/interval condition; the problem could be that u have like 3 or 4 reinforcement events for one timer, so they should occur at the same time, whic makes the game to crash

For the above advices I considered that u used a "timer" condition. But you should definitely tell us how the whole trigger looks. And especiallz, tell us what condition did u use. We don't have enough information to help you, it can be caused by many things.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been read a topic of [RELEASE] Dune 2000 Mission Editor and because I'm new and green with editor I have some questions, I hope that isn't a problem, so let’s start:

1. When I created a unit on the map or some buildings my computer ally does nothing, does not move, does not making a units (I set some cash for it) – I don’t have idea what I can do to work it.
  2. Same problem with reinforcement – I know 0- guard mode, 1-attack, 2-move? But when I set this does not work (units don’t move). I would like to moved or attacked.
  3. Timer, Interval – as it counts at the time and what’s the relationship? ,Dummy Condition, Set Condition, Unknow – what it is?
  4. I can set a reinforcement or starport delivery for x time? (starport’s coordinate(X,Y) are middle of starport?)
  5. What is the difference between outpost and modified outpost?
  6. And some extra questions: If possible, when I can write a objectives (like a missions of campaign) and set it (with chose object or unit to destroy/take over) in mission editor.
  7. If possible I can make a every message in the game? (information in missions)
  8. I must have a update 1.06 to work it good?

Thanks for answers.

• 1 year later...

Well it would help more to tell us what that error is in english, idk who knows russian here...

And could u give s more details? Like when does the error occur? Do you have .NET framework 3.5 installed? Even if u have a higher one you should get 3.5 too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys. Sorry for being so absent all this time. I've been on multiple things, but now, I want to share to you something:

Message Event - The parameter "Unknown M" is the time in frames (seconds multiplied by 60) that the message is shown when it's executed.

This is useful to change when the message is somewhat long to read. Hope this help you ;)

• Upvote 3

Hey guys. Sorry for being so absent all this time. I've been on multiple things, but now, I want to share to you something:

Message Event - The parameter "Unknown M" is the time in frames (seconds multiplied by 60) that the message is shown when it's executed.

This is useful to change when the message is somewhat long to read. Hope this help you ;)

Wow nice, thanks for the information man, I was really wondering what's that ! :D

• Upvote 1