Shaokhan's (aka griffin65) recorded games

Shaokhan

Hi guys,

I'm Shaokhan, most old players know me as griffin65. I have played this game since year 2000 with some time on and off. Because the official Westwood server is down, I played some games over Hamachi in last couple of months and recorded some games more or less successfully and I thought I would share what I recorded with others here. Some of you may have seen the games, some not. I plan to update this thread should I decide to post more games. I would love to post some more multiplayer games, but it is hard to get a decent game off, there is lack of players and the few that are available to play most likely won't make it a good game. And this is a challenge for you guys, those who think that can compete with me, come on Hamachi and kick my ass smiley.gif

I wished to play through every mission under 15 minutes, as I originally had 15 minutes limit on Youtube videos, however after uploading 10 videos I got notification that I had no limit anymore, but I still pushed myself to do all missions under 15 mins. At first the 9th missions seemed impossible, but after a few attempts I managed to do it smiley.gif

Pretty tough sometimes, especially last mission for Harkonnen, it is the only mission I had to use turrets in. Also if there are 2 maps to choose from, I choose the one I did not play in easy campaign for some variety.

Some of good games are here:

Youtube Channel

If you want to be notified about my new posted games, feel free to subscribe.

UPDATE 03-09-2011: As requested, posted Missions 1-6 all separated: 1 mission - 1 video.

UPDATE 12-09-2011: Added hard missions video links.

UPDATE 22-09-2011: Added 4 more multiplayer games

UPDATE 24-10-2011: Learned to use videolists on Youtube, so deleted links here and made groups of videos, added some more multiplayer videos

UPDATE 31-03-2012: Added some multiplayer lists to make them more organized and easier to search in.

• Upvote 2

Nice one, thanks for posting the vids, it's nice when modding the game to be able to quickly remind yourself what happens in each missions and I'll find your vids useful for that.

Any chance of uploading the split versions of the earlier levels?

Nice one, thanks for posting the vids, it's nice when modding the game to be able to quickly remind yourself what happens in each missions and I'll find your vids useful for that.

Any chance of uploading the split versions of the earlier levels?

Well I could do that, but can you tell me - is better the HD version or the normal version? The normal one is smoother, HD one more visually appealing.

Well looks like some people seem to think that 640x480 in 16bit is HD :laugh:

I prefer the normal one, especially since Dune isn't an HD game anyway

But for the rest of you, Corel allows to render it at high resolution while giving it a better visual look and it really does look different when you change to 1080 on Youtube, I would say it looks much better, but I guess it is a matter of opinion. MVI, I will post the separated videos soon.

Well looks like some people seem to think that 640x480 in 16bit is HD :laugh:

But for the rest of you, Corel allows to render it at high resolution while giving it a better visual look and it really does look different when you change to 1080 on Youtube, I would say it looks much better, but I guess it is a matter of opinion. MVI, I will post the separated videos soon.

I highly doubt it turns 16 bit at 640x480 to 1080p HD.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I redesigned the original post, should be the last change, as now the links are directed towards Youtube video lists. Some more multiplayer games added also.

What an embarrassment you are shaokhan, I can't believe you banned me from the hamachi network

Because you lost a game

Does anyone know of another server where Dune2000 can be played which isnt run by a child who bans players when she loses a game

Yeah you beat me in your dreams. Dune, you got kicked for your attitude. If you promise to behave well, I might let you join back.

No need to tell lies shaokhan, I was nothing but pleasent to you, has I am pleasent with everyone

You lost the game, (Admit it) and then you started calling me gay, because you lost the game

I like to play Dune2000 online, but I will not sit here and let you tell lies about me, because of the threat that you might not let me join the Dune2000 network

You should be pleased that people want to play this game online, and not try to put people off with your childish behaviour.

I will try to join the network again later

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Added the videos to a new page at D2K+

This page automatically updates from Youtube, so if you add any videos to a playlist the page updates automatically.

If you create another playlist which you want added on the page, let me know and I'll add it.

Added the videos to a new page at D2K+

This page automatically updates from Youtube, so if you add any videos to a playlist the page updates automatically.

If you create another playlist which you want added on the page, let me know and I'll add it.

Cool man, thanks! very nice page :) no more playlists are planned to be added any time soon