How to pass the 7th mission of house Harkonen

Guest ricardo

Guest ricardo

For mission 7 (and whenever you find it useful):

After getting a nice financial background (lots of money!) build three barracks (they're cheap)and train a small army of engineers.

In this mission a "frontal assault will fail", as we are told in the briefing. So, you will move the engineers to the northern edge of the map and you will convert some of the enemy's buildings (even if it's just a silo). Then, start building concrete slabs until you reach the center of their base. Place some gun and rocket turrets on your concrete and watch the light show (you should repair the turrets so that they can take the damage!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Steph

Nice tip but i can't even manage to get the money rolling before i get my arse whooped. I basically get wipped before i can even get a base made. So how do you get set up???

• 1 year later...
Guest Feyd R

hahahhahahah   who said a frontal assult will fail  i build a big ass army and went on the "front door" soon i found myself reaching the "back door"  behind my army was only dirt  baahhahahahahaha  but remember this  if the spice flows then everything flows

mission 7 is the mission you need to capture an Atreides base, so you get Airstrike!!. Build many turrets but also some tanks. And for the infantery-entrance at the east: 3 siege tanks and you can forget about that. Watch your harvesters!

• 1 month later...

Try this one. Set up your base quickly after capturing the construction yard. Periodically, a sonic tank will land at the small Atreides base to the far left side of the map. Expect the enemy to come with siege tanks, combat tanks, and some infantry, followed by a sonic tank or two. Attacks on your harvesters are a problem early on, so concentrate on building combat tanks to crush their attacks. The Imperial troops are also a problem. Keep some infantry and siege tanks (trikes help also) at the infantry pass to stop the Sarduakar from entering your base. When possible, build rocket turrets at the southern end of your base ASAP!! The Atreides and Imperial forces will attack almost at the same time with many light and heavy vehicles. Putting groups of troopers on the piece of infantry rock is very effective against their combat tanks. Make sure that you have adequate air defence as well, as the air strike can be pretty costly. When you have the money and your base is up and running, build a devastator and drive it down to the rocket turret that is close to your base (you might get to see it if it shoots at the carryall that delivered your spice harvester). Move the Devastator right up to the turret and hit it once, then self-destruct it. BOOM!! The walls are gone, and there will be nothing left except maybe 1 injured light infantry unit. This helps to remove the threat to your carryalls.

Tip: Sandworms are not a problem in this level. They are trapped up in the small region of sand to the north of your base.

Tip: To remove sonic tanks without taking too much damage, get a combat tank and run right up to it and smash it in the face. It's shot will do less damage. If you're lucky, you might be able to beat it with a Quad as well!! ;D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...