Hello I am new and need Modding help

Hello,

I am new to this forum and have just reloaded Dune Emperor since a good many years. I have decided to mod the Game to be more inline with the original movie. Less vehicles and more Infantry. I tried Editing the Rules.txt but the game will crash when loading.

Basically I want to remove certain Vehicles from the game, can I do this in the Rules.txt or do I need to edit more files? I need some help from someone who has recently modded Emperor and knows what I need to do. I also plan on adding the Toto Tracks to the game, any advice on how to make that work would be nice. I have DuneEx2 and the BagTool programs. Should I use something else?

Thanks again,

Firefly

No one mods the game? All I want to do is make it so the AI and myself cannot BUILD certain vehicle units, so its more of an infantry war with maybe some big vehicles like the tanks. I feel the game becomes too much C&C and not like the movie with all the vehicle types. I was also planning on replacing the music but I am not sure how to go about it? Should I reburn the Attreides CD with the edit Bag file or can I redirect the music to a folder? I feel Toto's music from the movie is better to catch the feel of the universe for me that is.

YEARS ago I was trying to edit the game, but when trying to use my Edited files I get Crashes, so I decided to start over. If there is a Tutorial somewhere please point me in the direction, I WAS lucky to find this place as its Dune2k and not DUNE Emperor.

No one mods the game? All I want to do is make it so the AI and myself cannot BUILD certain vehicle units, so its more of an infantry war with maybe some big vehicles like the tanks. I feel the game becomes too much C&C and not like the movie with all the vehicle types. I was also planning on replacing the music but I am not sure how to go about it? Should I reburn the Attreides CD with the edit Bag file or can I redirect the music to a folder? I feel Toto's music from the movie is better to catch the feel of the universe for me that is.

YEARS ago I was trying to edit the game, but when trying to use my Edited files I get Crashes, so I decided to start over. If there is a Tutorial somewhere please point me in the direction, I WAS lucky to find this place as its Dune2k and not DUNE Emperor.

If u go to the download section there are emperor mods there ,i saw 3 infantry mods ,i have not played them but just looking at the read-me . I suggest you download the Infantry Wars mod by DukeLeto.