Dune 2000 mission map editor released!

Klofkac

i am trying to find facts.... if its not choam so then what is light brown color atreides? mis file allow 8 houses bu you can get to work with 7. did not you see a problem? i dont want to be i credits of any program either.. im not helping deelop them ... some things were found just while finding other things and have been forgotten.. i just want them to be researched and see result.

you evade question for modyfing skirmish stuff. you say its impossible or equal... i know that skirmish mis file is different structure than campagin - that true... but there must be something that prevent execute events and conditions. - question what is it.. what just want to try say? create multiplayer missions... and dontt say its impossible , for now it may be just difficult.

• Downvote 2

I'v found a weird fact in the game.in A7V1,you have 4 enemies!hark,emp,merc and freman!I know that the 2 last factions are just placeholders for hark,but how do they turn into hark?

There is a "thing" in the .mis file (A7V1.MIS) that make those 2 factions to act as Harkonnen. It is called "index allocations". You can find it in MVI's Mission Editor. Using that feature you can make any house or sub-house to act as another one.

It also works so you can play as a subhouse, but the game will crash when you click on a unit because they game cannot find the proper sound files.

Btw, about the sounds.. Is there a solution about these sound errors in your project? Are you working on a program that will solve the problem? I understood that there is needed a good .r8 or .r16 editor.

Btw, about the sounds.. Is there a solution about these sound errors in your project? Are you working on a program that will solve the problem? I understood that there is needed a good .r8 or .r16 editor.

I've not completely ruled it out, but it looks unlikely that it will be possible to enable sub houses for play. A good Resource editor is needed that works with both R8 and R16 files, I have started one, but my work on Dune 2000 is on hold until after some modifications are released.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey dudes any of you know the value of the mission notices,

like wwhen it say in the top right corner

"Caryall spotted"

things like that someone send me the values and the messages that the value goes with,

Thanks

I think you can check them with the string editor..should be dowloadable in the download section

I think you can check them with the string editor..should be dowloadable in the download section

For clarity to future readers, prior to Billion's post it was difficult to work out what numbers in the mission editor correlated to which entry in the string table editor. A new version of the string table editor has now been released which has row numbers. To find the message that is used by a mission message, simply note the number from the mission editor, then open the string table editor and scroll until you reach that number.

If your version of the string table editor does not have row numbers you will need to download the new string table editor Make sure that the version number in the corner is 0.2 (or higher)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I just wanted to know know something about a trigger event. Im using a Unit in Tile condition and I want a reinforcement to drop when one of my units enters the tile position. Will the event trigger if any unit enters from any house? Or is it only the enemy of the reinforcement drop?

Ah, gotcha, I figured as much becuase im pretty sure westwood did not want it to be triggered when AI units were already in that title.

Also MVI had a suggestion. Would it be possible to add the option in the mission editor to enable/disable AI? The code after the house index in the AI section is the byte im talking about, either can be switched from 00 or 01. It would be easier to do it from the editor rather then going through winhex to do it. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

When playing Dune 2000, you may’ve noticed that some of these „spice blooms“ will continue to reappear forever, whilst some will reappear, say, 15 or 20 times, and then disappear for good. But when you try to use the klofkac’s editor, there are only the „infinite“ ones visible (i.e. the ones which continue to reappear forever), whilst the later aren’t visible on the map at all. Is there a chance to put these on the map?