Dune 2000 mission map editor released!

Klofkac

I've downloaded the map and tried to play it but its not listed in the maps, any idea what I've done wrong ?

What do you mean with list? It is a campaign map, not a skirmish one, so to play it you have to replace Harkonnen mission 8 with this. To play it go to the "missions" folder and replace H8V1.MAP and H8V1.MIS with the 2 files from what you've downloaded. Then go in-game and select Harkonnen mission 8 and, of course, have fun :)

Are you still using the game disk? If so, you need to download another version, or crack the exe and edit the resource file to point to the install directory.

Yes I have the original disk, bought it years ago, so does this meen I cant play the new maps ?

Yes I have the original disk, bought it years ago, so does this meen I cant play the new maps ?

you can if you copy the missions,data,and movies folders to your install directory from the cd, and add this file to the install directory as well.

http://www.gruntmods.com/Dune_2000/Dune/resource.cfg (right click the link, then select "save link as")

In two days... shocked.gif

Thank you for the hard work.

One small problem/bug. I think you didn't keep in mind the screen resolution 1680x1050 (22inch) or bigger, because when the map preview is bigger than 1280 it does not display anything any more...

See:

post-2251-0-69399800-1313932713_thumb.jp

//edit: I think it's this in the main.dfm:

object MapCanvas: TImage
Left = 4
Top = 4
Width = 1280
Height = 960
onmousedown = MapCanvasMouseDown
onmousemove = MapCanvasMouseMove
end

that should be 1680 or higher... I don't know how to compile Delphi... so I'll leave it to you... :-)

I compiled new version with increased image width. So now even HD (1920*1080) should be supported.

Download (exe only):D2kEditor.zip

So I recommend people that had problems with it and with bugged scrolling to use this.

• Upvote 1

well. i have checked the gllitched unit.. its not infantry its sandworm. it move slow and it cause damage to terrain, it can move only on white sand cant go to rocks.

it has no weapon thou that why it cant damage enemy unit or weapon has no damage effect. gruntlord , can you get to work with tibed. , edit sandworm speed too speed of harvester or faster and then use glitched unit/sandworm. if it start to move faster , then we know its sandworm.

another research for missions and map making.. that house 7 called sandworm is wrong. that is brown atreides it might be CHOAM

here are my reearches in missions/maps

http://shinano.netii.net/Dune2000/

i have fixed not working smugglers in mission 06v1 and o6v2

added choam house to harkonnen mission 4

enchanced fremen bases and atreides - all tech levels set to 7 except harkonnen + extra reinforcements for all . how long you can stand and deliver?

all other missions have been improved (more enemies) some may crash due to mistakes

i will be releasin soon atreides test mission that uses test.map as survival mode

=========================================================

i have finished production. but still want add one house but all i can do is six ai players in campagin map. the choam house (atreides) would be additional one as mis file allow total 8 players. so why not get use them all insetad of 7.. what i want to say? just to make new mission for survival mode but cannot add next house since map editor has only 6 to select. mis editor allow 7 + me = 8players on map.

well. i have checked the gllitched unit.. its not infantry its sandworm. it move slow and it cause damage to terrain, it can move only on white sand cant go to rocks.

it has no weapon thou that why it cant damage enemy unit or weapon has no damage effect. gruntlord , can you get to work with tibed. , edit sandworm speed too speed of harvester or faster and then use glitched unit/sandworm. if it start to move faster , then we know its sandworm.

Except it does have a weapon, it just does no damage.

Almost nothing you said was true, it CAN only move on sand, but it is not a worm. It has no graphical presence, a glitched weapon, and instantly kills infantry (does not damage anything else). Also, it moves rather fast as well, and its hard to judge the speed of something you cannot see other the the speed it reveals the map.

if it kills infantry but not tanks. weird. chem spray infantry? if it kills infantry instant .. something must be on going.

look at gun turret it cant shoot air targets but ground yes.

i will test something more. i placed bulding on sand ill try touch it and see results..

================

look at radar screen when controlling these units and look at sandworm when its around map - color of dot is same

if it kills infantry but not tanks. weird. chem spray infantry? if it kills infantry instant .. something must be on going.

look at gun turret it cant shoot air targets but ground yes.

i will test something more. i placed bulding on sand ill try touch it and see results..

================

look at radar screen when controlling these units and look at sandworm when its around map - color of dot is same

It isn't a sandworm.

my theory about it is that they wanted to make true sandworm but they encountered some problem maybe like this and they abadon it so they made another one. that started to work properly

is there more glitched units?

aboout map editor, there are concrete slabs that can be placed on map or spice textures but they are unaccessable (cant go to it_ and these concrete slabs cant build .. interresing too

Grontlord, it definitely is sandworm. Playing with TibEd proves that.

It isn't THE sandworm, whether it shares properties with the real sandworm is another story.

Also, if it was another sandworm, it would be one that was designed to destroy infantry (In Emperor: Battle for Dune the worm could eat both types of units)

Either way, the unit is basically useless.

gruntlord , go and edit sandworm stats and then talk. IF IT WAS NOT SANDWORM unit type.. NOT SANDWORM but similar to it.. then it would move on rocks. it has weapon like trike. it must be HMG or something.. its not infantry and not sandworm but it does share function... its useless unit? not sure, if we find out how to change its weapon , it can become dangerous

i have found why is that

if you set trike weapon as anti aircraft, it shoot carryal but no damage.. so try bring carryal at place of strange unit.

gruntlord did you try my level? for harkonnen 4? there is choam house added on top right bottom right. i just copied ai from other mission and pasted in .. problem is that map editor dont support all houses so i have to change another house owner to that choam.

so i cannot make FULLY survival mode.. i have finished own version of it and release soon as finish testing

gruntlord i have one more pleasure to you... find real sandworm on map, bring your glitched unit and look at radar.. what you see? i see sandworm as white dot, and glitched unit also white dot.

gruntlord , go and edit sandworm stats and then talk. IF IT WAS NOT SANDWORM unit type.. NOT SANDWORM but similar to it.. then it would move on rocks. it has weapon like trike. it must be HMG or something.. its not infantry and not sandworm but it does share function... its useless unit? not sure, if we find out how to change its weapon , it can become dangerous

i have found why is that

if you set trike weapon as anti aircraft, it shoot carryal but no damage.. so try bring carryal at place of strange unit.

gruntlord did you try my level? for harkonnen 4? there is choam house added on top right bottom right. i just copied ai from other mission and pasted in .. problem is that map editor dont support all houses so i have to change another house owner to that choam.

so i cannot make FULLY survival mode.. i have finished own version of it and release soon as finish testing

gruntlord i have one more pleasure to you... find real sandworm on map, bring your glitched unit and look at radar.. what you see? i see sandworm as white dot, and glitched unit also white dot.

I don't read half of what you write, just so you know. You make things up far too often to be of any use. If anyone else wants to confirm something you say, that is fine and dandy, but save the effort of trying to convince me there is a CHOAM house.

MVI feels the same way, if you didn't lie all the time, you would have been in the credits of his programs, like anyone else who helped.