Has this every happened to you?

raven3563

Was playing the 4th atredies mission once and i sent some troopers and infantry through the pass at the bottom of the map. When my infantry reached the fremen the harks rushed in a way i haven't seen happen on that mission, and killed my infantry and fremen. I know why this happened, but I was just curious if this has happened to anybody else?

• 1 month later...

Never do that the Fremen can guard themselves. If you attack the Harkonnens non-stop they won't bother about the Fremen. That's why I rarely suffer any losses for the Fremen back there, though sometimes some idiotic Fremen approaches that Trike coming.

• 5 months later...

I thought the Fremen could only hold out for a few minutes. After that the Harkonnens attacked them and you had failed that mission.

Sending to much troops at the start whould result in a massive Harkonnen attack, sending to few would make non of them survive before reaching the Fremen or they would die in the first mild attack.

hmm...

I never had problems with either of the situations. A few of fremen were killed while the harks were attacking but the harks never dared to attack the fremen, I don't know why but they never sent a large attack force to me either. I always keep alot of long range and power weapons at the base and attack with the smaller stuff at first. mainly trikes and quads. I love quads! I took out their tanks after about three rushes of quads, trikes, and troopers. I am not talking of those huge rushes that many people use, a rush for me is about 10-15 units, counting infantry, that is not many.

• 1 month later...

A basterd here myself . .. a lot of infantry units combined with engeneer's. Thought there was a path upper left, first couple of units wil get massive damage, after that they'll walk in. Just make shure they don't send tanks down and attact the troopers still to come so they flow will stop.

Yeah, thats why I keep letting my units gather at certain points on the way. U'll hafta do that a lot, considering the speeds of different units if u send a mixed attacking force. I mean like, if u send miss tanx, sonic tanx and seige tanx, u'd better keep stopping to let the seiges catch up. :'(

• 2 months later...