Ordos Mission 8

Mr_Hangman

I can't beat it. I can get past the infantry attacks easily at the beginning but I never last much longer. I have trouble getting enough spice and if I spend money on refineries I can't defend my base. Later on they both become a problem. I think the problem must be my building order. I've looked at several guides but I need something different or more detailed. I have tried many times and I'm getting irritated, I'd really appreaciate help.

When I can afford it I build a few gun or rocket turrets, but I can't get many units because I usually don't make enough money. If I start building lots of refineries my harvestors are targeted and I lose. Like I said if someone can suggest a good building order that might help.

Idea:

Windtrap  :P

Barracks + Troopers

Refinery

Factory (Heavy) + Tanks (Combat?)

Refinery + Harvesters (7 in total for 2 refinerys)

Turrets + Tanks

High Tech Factory/Starport + Carryalls (dozens of them)

Turrets + Tanks etc.

Palace + Repair Pad finally...

With alot of carryalls. Otherwise the harvesters lock up somewhere... I build so many that I can't see my base anymore. And when I need to repair a whole army and send them back, they all are picked up by a carryall. If you need silo's... Don't build them but build/order carryalls! ;D

Yep, with carryalls a harvester is mutch faster transported from your base to your harvest field.

Silo's what are those ;D ( you can also buy tanks from CHOAM in stead of carryalls )

Sometimes it's nice to play a game, and when you know you've more than enough units you build a silo-field and start storing spice. You can have a lot more Solari ni Dune 2000 than ni Dune II ;D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I find the mercs really useful at the start as they fend off most attacks. Problem is that the mercs don't replace buildings (i.e. turrets) and as soon as the mercs are wiped, u follow them soon after. Usually I place a couple of turrets to keep the mercs alive for a little longer.

On the mission 8. My building order.

wind trap

barracks (light and troopers, approx 20-30)

refinery

gun turret (behind concrete)

(build this one to the right)

Nother refinery further south

Outpost (giving u acces to rocket turrets)

concrete south and place 3 rocket turrets on the south east corner behind concrete

this helps to twart harkonnen attacks.

nother rocket turrert on east

heavy factory (don't build units)

starport (now buy units)

and so on.

• 1 month later...