Ordos Mission 8

Mr_Hangman

• 8 months later...

But I can't defend my base against the early infantry rushes in the Starport mission (read my other posts in other topics).

Reeemembah- The best and cheapest way to ward off inf attacks is by using infantry. Keep around 5-6 squads of infantry in your defence. The AI's infantry won't trouble you for a long time.

But if you see a seige tank coming, RUN!

• 4 weeks later...

my advice is to send your harvesters to havest away in a remote area and to eliminate the enemy cause then harvesting will be easyer

I thought on eliminating the enemy the mission was complete and you were taken to the debreifing screen ;D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I find the mercs really useful at the start as they fend off most attacks. Problem is that the mercs don't replace buildings (i.e. turrets) and as soon as the mercs are wiped, u follow them soon after. Usually I place a couple of turrets to keep the mercs alive for a little longer.

On the mission 8. My building order.

wind trap

barracks (light and troopers, approx 20-30)

refinery

gun turret (behind concrete)

(build this one to the right)

Nother refinery further south

Outpost (giving u acces to rocket turrets)

concrete south and place 3 rocket turrets on the south east corner behind concrete

this helps to twart harkonnen attacks.

nother rocket turrert on east

heavy factory (don't build units)

starport (now buy units)

and so on.

cool:)) my bulding order is best.

build 4wind traps

build a 2refineries

build light factory + 2raiders

build next refinery

build outpost

build next 4wind traps

build heavy factory + upgrade + 2siege tanks and 3combat tanks + 4harvesters

build barracks and dont make a soliders(dont make trooper and ligh infantry, mans can easily kill!!!)

help mercenaries( decorate mercenary base in rocket turrets,

build 10wind ttraps,

decorate your base in rocket turrets(for defence)

if enemy have a death hand missiles, build two barracks light/heavy factories and barracks & outpost.

build starport and purchase 6carryals

build hi-teh-center

build palace.

and now you can attack enemies:)))

attention!

if mercenaries send to you message

"we're lost too many mans!" >:(

you must some of units give to mercenary base, and protect mercenaries, always take your patr in mercenaries attacks, mercenaries can thanking you and give access to our technology, beware, mercenaries can be hostile:>:> ;D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The key to this mission is to first put your siege tank behind one of the walls that your turrets are connected to. As the first two massive infantry attacks come, use the combats you have to mow down the infantry(run em over) and let the siege tank continually fire at them. You don't want to lose all your troops in the first few attacks. Then build quickly. Use the saboteur to your advantage. Preferably send more than one at a time. Hint: the Atreides base is in the NE corner of the map, the Harkonnen are in the SE and the Emperor is across from the Harkonnen diagonally NW. Use the saboteurs to first take out any turrets. Then use the saboteurs to take out the outer buildings that are less guarded. Try to back up your mercenaries. When they go to attack, send a few of your troops with them-this will guarantee their allegiance. take out one base at a time. When I played this mission, I took out the emperor first, atreides second and then the Harkonnen. the emperor's base has no construction yard so concentrate on taking out the emperor's starport. Without this, all he can send are occasional sardukar infantry. spread out your buildings to protect from death hands and ornis. When struck by a death hand or an orni, quickly repair any damage that has been done (Tip: if you put rocket turrets throughout your base, they can be used to shoot down ornis). Attack the atreides at the south end. It's somewhat less defended or about the same-but i prefer to attack at the south end. once the emperor and the atreides are out of the picture go for the harkonnen. At the top of their base is an unguarded barracks and refinery. Send down either engineers or saboteurs to take care of those. Also, once you take out their turrets with the saboteur, it is very easy to sneak in another saboteur to take out their heavy factory in the south. Watch for fremen!!! They attack very quickly (because you can't see them until they shoot). If you don't pay close attention they will ending destroying half of your mercenaries' base or all of your turrets. Build a few rocket turrets in the mercenaries base to help defend them. Use a lot of deviators! And after an enemy attack quickly send the converted vehicles back at an enemy base to attack (this way they won't change back to enemy troops in the middle of your base). Keep a deviator in front of your refinery to reconvert enemy harvesters that you have captured. If you see a devastator coming, quickly send out your deviators. Convert the devastator and, when your units and buildings are out of the area, self destruct the thing. Devastators are too slow to send back to their bases to attack-they change back half way there. Anyways good luck on this mission-It may take you a few times, but you'll get it. Wait til you see Mission 9-you get creamed. I still haven't beaten it. Good luck!

I actually found the Ordos 9th miss. much easier. I've not played dune since April as my cdrom drive has continuously had problems. But I still remember a lot.

Unlike dragoon, I advise keeping the mercs allegiance. And if you can defend their base too, nothing like it!

• 11 months later...

i just recently started playing dune 2k again and im on ordos mission 8. iv been reading all your posts on how to and what to build and iv put it into affect. but i have yet to beat it and iv been trying to for about 4 days and stil cant get it. what goes on is basically i get about 10 harvestors and they all get destroyed along with the units protecting them.....

• 2 weeks later...

if you have problem with mission 6, i can some help

first when u play map nr 1. you have 2wind traps,conyard outpost barracks,2ugun turrets starport, purchase few nits from starport and quckly set up the defence.. you need build third and fourth wind trap and build heavy factory and refinery, when u got more moneys bbuild next and made 4harvs per refinery

when atreides comes with missile tanks, use asvailable forces to blow first blue force, harkonnens be keeping trying to destroy  starport, you must build second starport, (that working, i done that too) in main base, sell some walls near baracks and build second starport, mission not fail if u have one starport,  easy is with 2.

a tactics for ordos mission 8

you need build

power

refinery

power

heavy (build 7harvs)

power

refinery

power

light(raiders an quads non stop)

light

heavy (siege tanks combat tanks non stop|)

power

power

barracks

barrcks

barracks

power

power

heavy

radar

starport (purchase carryals, and units too)

ix research center (build deviators agaist sonics and devastators

palace

repair pad

tips:  between harkonnen and emperor is a huge rock space, try get him, place a 3con yards and start build turrets, factories too,and start build army in new position. when you are sure about your force attack,,  first eleminate harkonnen

build deviator cloud(30deviators) and provocate harkonnens with few tanks to made him mad and first to attck, when he (shall) lost army,wait untill he not weakening on your turrets, when army died you make some troopers and engineers, kill all turrets(with troopers and tanks) and capture what is possible . , first capture barracks heavy and light factory, finish on sarport conyard and palace. other buldings can be too captured.. and harkonnen is dead

tips agaist emperor:  build 20comba tanks or 20devastators and come to him with these units, destroy two gun turrets, blow army and place devastators around his buldings / deploy and emperor is deead

tips agaist atreides

use captured factories tobuiild army, get missile tanks and devastators, trikes raiders and quads,attack when mercenaries go to attack atreides,  if you have not much units and almost died, try killing refiner! that be keeping atreides out of moneys, and they will defeat. use death hand rocket agaist his palace and high tech factory

make few devastators and deploy around wind traps for mercenaries,  mercenaries will finish remained atreides forces

• 3 weeks later...

Well, about the Saboteur...

Make sure his stealth ability is fully charged, before deploying it, so you enough time to sneak him into a base. He is indeed invisible to everything, but he will be spotted when there is a unit on a tile next to him, so always make sure there is a gap of 1 tile between enemy units and the saboteur. Turrets can see the Saboteur too, like units can, I think.