The time has come

gunner154

Turrets only seem to detect stealthed sabatours when they go right, and I do mean RIGHT up to them, by then its too late 4 the turret. Main problem is pesky infantry kicking around. U can walk straight pass tanks unnoticed when stealthed, just make sure theri not moving, the consequences are obvious.

• 1 month later...

you are all SUCH a bunch of n00bs!!!!

listen :

a) Turrets suck do not build them; waste of time

b) concrete sux don't use it at all, except one square slab for power

c) ordos are a shit house; use harkonnen or atreides

d) build refs near spice

e) sonics and troopers combo rules

f) drf are best clan : visit them at beam.to/drf

u should use this build order for maximum unit production

p p r h r r p h p h r b b p o/p b p s/p p ix p hi tech and then light factories or whatever else u need.

build harvesters from when u first get the first hvy factory right until u get the third and final hvy factory, then plow out combat tanks and a couple of siege tanks along with the rocket troopers. u wil find by the time u have built starport u have around 8 000 credits...

Come on you can not get away with not building any turrets against a human player what are you a semuta addict or something? And if you are going to put your refinery that close to the spice field without some turrets close around do not expect to due business on Arrakis for too long.

No turret's ?

Well, when I play AGAINST you I would defeniately love that, but for my own base ?

And sonics and troopers ? My god, that will be a massecure. Just move the units the sonic is tagetting around abit and he defeniately takes out some of his own units on the way. ;D

No turrets! U're alright until someone actually ATTACKS u. Turrets are poweful, long raange and can be repaired whilst still firing and are not effected by deviators. And if u haven't got any wall or turrets, using sabautors against u could be great fun. Air-defence. Missile tanks are a lot weaker and more expensive than rocket turrets and have got a slower fire rate. Oh look, its an incoming airstrike....

lol listen i would've killed you before u even got any sabuteurs! and trust me sonics and troopers work a treat together, just keep the troopers very close to the sonic tank and they won't be hurt and because they are the same speed the sonics won't kill them. Any of u play online? i hope so i can't wait to slaughter u newbies! My nick online is DRFsimmsy and SimmsyDRF (DRF is a clan by the way located at http://beam.to/drf .

If you want to invite someone for a batt;e, use IM. And you can't call them newbies, cause you don't know how they play. Normally I remove such things...

About turrets. They are alsways my main defense. With some siege tanks behind them it's a perfect defense. Ok, ok. Not perfect. Cause Lauchers have a longer range. That's why I have backup defense...

• 1 month later...

IT's the Deviators, and the AI builds tons of units. You send 1 Light Infantry strolling in and tons of infantry and vehicles would go for the infantry.

But anyway as I make this post I've realised I can build 10 Light Infantry attack one entrance, and my 9 Devastators take the other.

Hehe ;D that's satisfying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

But i suspect the turret takes major damage. And when u attack with more than 1 devestator then u're screwed. Though its a nice though when a 1750 devestator is taken out by a 650 gun turret. except if the devestatoer is mine of course.

in Dune2k, devastators are 777 or something like that. im pretty sure youre thinking of emp for the dev price. gun turrets are also 450, im pretty sure.

SimmsyDRF, you are not one of those "rush" guy's are you ?

You can't wait to slaughter our "newbies" ? Ai, though thing to say, we have a nice topic about that in "general".

No, very rarely do I ever play a game that isn't nerthh. But sometimes it's kinda fun to play with absolutely no rules.

Or games like, all you are allowed to build is devastators, we just use are imaginations.