Dune Anime

TMA_1

I have heard this talked about, and have seen people mention it and I have thought about it as well. Do any of you guys think Dune would be a great medium for an anime? I honestly think that it could work very well. I think it could allow for a very deep exploration of the Dune universe and overcome so many of the hurtles that a traditional filming would entail. What do you guys think about Dune as anime?

• Upvote 2

I think it actually could turn out very nice, but as with other types of media, a lot depends on the director, the animators and the cast. In my opinion, anime as a medium has some great potential for making a spectacular screen adaptation of Dune, but of course the type of medium alone does not guarantee success yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's be very cool to see. Anime has some stylistic conventions pretty much unheard of in other types of film, which would allow for a very fresh look. Visually, I think it would have tons of potential. However, I find characters in a lot of animes tend to get mashed into a mere few broad archetypes (or at least, the archetypes are much more obvious in anime than other media), and I would not want to see that happen with Dune's characters.

I think it's be very cool to see. Anime has some stylistic conventions pretty much unheard of in other types of film, which would allow for a very fresh look. Visually, I think it would have tons of potential. However, I find characters in a lot of animes tend to get mashed into a mere few broad archetypes (or at least, the archetypes are much more obvious in anime than other media), and I would not want to see that happen with Dune's characters.

It really just depends on the writer as to how the characters turn out.

• 2 months later...

I'd love another Dune game, and an anime based off the series is probably the best way to get enough new people interested for that to happen. Also, it'd be interesting to see Dune as an anime.

Yes, I just said that I don't really care how good a hypothetical Dune anime would be so long as it increases my chances of getting another Westwood-(style-)RTS. God knows the Command and Conquer series isn't doing it anymore.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize this topic was over a month old.

• Upvote 1