File Quota

After replacing my map several times, my quota is mostly used up. I was careful to delete each old version before attaching the new one, but the quota was eaten as if the old files are still there. Is there any way to clean up the deleted files so I can get quota back? If not, then my next upload could be my last :(

You should be able to clean off old files. I'll check that tomorrow

..Where did you see the quota? I have not posted an attachment yet, since the forum was moved. That might be why I don't see a quota listed for attachment limits.

..Where did you see the quota? I have not posted an attachment yet, since the forum was moved. That might be why I don't see a quota listed for attachment limits.

The quota and used portion show up as part of the upload process. IIRC, I saw it as part of the confirmation.

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried to check my quota again, and now I can't even find the controls to add an attachment. Have attachments been disabled in this forum?

It should work. MR Hinton dropped by a few days ago but I don't think he would change that. Maybe he did.

I'll see if I can get a hold of Gobalopper.

I JUST TRIED TO ATTACH A TEST FILE AND IT SEEMED TO WORK OK. I DID SEE THE LIMIT COMMENT. I WONDER IF THERE IS A LIMIT FOR THE TOTAL SIZE OF ATTACHMENTS IN ONE THREAD?

Okay, I have a theory: Attachments are allowed in the maps forums (where I get attachment controls below the editor window), but not here in the general forum (where I don't).

In any case, my quota is almost used up even though I've been deleting and replacing versions of my US History map, not piling them up. How do I clean up the detached files and/or recover spent quota? If I can't solve this problem, then the next file I upload may be my last.

Okay, I have a theory: Attachments are allowed in the maps forums (where I get attachment controls below the editor window), but not here in the general forum (where I don't).

In any case, my quota is almost used up even though I've been deleting and replacing versions of my US History map, not piling them up. How do I clean up the detached files and/or recover spent quota? If I can't solve this problem, then the next file I upload may be my last.

The quota has been increased by Gobalopper. He hopes to find some time to improve the download program.

Hawk's login problem was fixed as well.

It should work. MR Hinton dropped by a few days ago but I don't think he would change that. Maybe he did.

I'll see if I can get a hold of Gobalopper.

OK- I don't understand the reference; I don't think I can change anything... ???

Plus as I write this there is a green band above the edit window that says "! This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown. This restriction will be lifted when you have 1 more approved posts"

so, what did I break now?

This will be the 4th post since I registered as a new user and the posts still need approval.

It seems this option setting isn't working right. I understand using it as I use it at both of my forums. Someone needs to look into it though and possibly correct any settings options.

It would appear the post count isn't incrementing for the Ghola group, which might explain why after 5 posts (including this one), and in MisterHinton's case -19 posts, approval is still necessary.

I clicked on link.

1. the white background in areas is hard on eyes.

2. I clicked on moderation, said no files awaiting review etc, I'll just let gwizz or whoever knows more about RT deal with that.

3. At bottom of page I see:

Lombardei.zip

By Guest

Today, 06:49 PM

A guest was able to upload a file!?!? (and they didn't need approval first?) I would think virus or something. Should definitely change that and make it so only registered users can (and they need to be approved or have couple posts on forums before being able to upload.)

Ignore #3, I'm now guessing it is labeled "guest" from long time ago, and Gob or something just re-uploaded it to new software/server thing.

I've updated all the RRT3 maps but still have to do the RRT2 ones.

Gwizz, or anyone else, can you test them out and let me know if you see any problems?

http://forum.dune2k.com/files/category/62-railroad-tycoon-3/

I will get you trained on the new system once I have it fully working. :) Right now the thumbnail view seems to not always be working.