Radiation. Is it a problem?

I had a site location sent to me, that talks about the levels of radiation falling with the rain around the world. IT has been raining a lot here.

I don't know if this is true or just a bunch of hoowee.

Another site said the EPA in the US and the japanise government are not releasing radiation data. I can believe that. Who trusts any government anymore.

This data is coming from radiation monitors world wide, set up since the cold war to record and transmit any radiation in the air.

This is one of many sites.

I had a site location sent to me, that talks about the levels of radiation falling with the rain around the world. IT has been raining a lot here.

I don't know if this is true or just a bunch of hoowee.

Another site said the EPA in the US and the japanise government are not releasing radiation data. I can believe that. Who trusts any government anymore.

This data is coming from radiation monitors world wide, set up since the cold war to record and transmit any radiation in the air.

This is one of many sites.

I wouldn't trust something purported by a youtube video.

I wouldn't trust anything purported by a youtube video whose sources are more youtube videos.

I wouldn't trust something purported by a youtube video.

I wouldn't trust anything purported by a youtube video whose sources are more youtube videos.

Yea, you're correct, YouTube does have its problems with false statements. I've done a bit more research on radiation.

First, as an example of the good and bad in everything. Edison has a good reputation historically as an inventor. but deserved much less of that fame then he received. He hired Tesler to help solve some of his Direct Current problems and then refused to pay Tesler while recording Tesler's inventions as belonging to himself, Edison. Tesler quit. Then when the Direct and Alternating current war was at its peak, Tesler was hired by George Westinghouse. (George gave all of his employees credit for their inventions) During this time, Edison fabricated falsehoods against Westinghouse and about how Alternating Current was unsafe. Edison even electrocuted an elephant in an effort to prove that Alternation Current was unsafe. But, In the end, with Tesler's help, Westinghouse won the Electric Current war proving Alternating Currect was better Somehow, Edison won a better reputation through the help of the dis-honest newspapers

What does this prove: People don't always see the good and bad about things. Too many people are being purposely programed to misunderstand. It is a mind control game.

It is not easy to fine the true facts about Radiation levels. There have been reports that radiation levels have been above an acceptable range, whatever that is.

It is common knowledge that any exposure to radiation can be harmful including radiation from the sun. Radiation accumulates in a person's body over time causing sickness and cancer.

The news I heard was that rain was pulling down the charged radiation particles, causing surface water and milk to be contaminated among other things in the US and Canada.

Now any government announcement relating to levels of contamination seems to have stopped.

There are YouTube videos of the releases of contaminated materials from the Japanese reactors into areas where people had been previously evacuated.

I can understand why the information about levels would be kept under wraps even if the levels are minimal.

If people stopped buying food for fear it was exposed to the radioactive rain, there could be a huge panic.

Goverments with all of the other problems in the world today will try to limit this information, even issuing false reports to confuse people, as in George Westinghouse's time.

I hope radiation is not becoming a bigger part of life. But then except for the efforts of companies making a profit from cancer, I believe cancer can be controlled, even be curable.

• 2 weeks later...

Germany has decided to terminate the operations of its nuclear power plants by 2022. Incredibly irresponsible, reactionary, and short-sighted.

I hope Germany is planning for an alternative cheaper method of producing energy such as by using cold water fusion. Cold fusion doesn't produce radioactivity.

Japan, I believe, how holds the patents with 10 years of development completed. They were planning to start production of large units; but with the earth quake, production has been delayed.

It was also discovered that the cold Fusion process can reduce the radioactive of spent rods from the old hot fusion reactors.

Normally the spent rods are waste that remain radioactive for years. Cold fusion neutralizes the radioactivity half life of the rods to almost zero.

There are also three companies producing parts and plans for water power vehicles. H2O is split into it two parts and burned like gas or diesel.

The computer technology to control the process is a bit crude. Some of the patents for these controls are owned by those who do not wish the process to become available.

I guess that is why I can buy plans to build one for my own use but can't sell it to anyone.

That reminds me.

Over 30 years ago I met a man who was running his pickup on wood smoke. He worked at a saw mill where wood fuel was free. He would load his firebox, located in the bed of his pick up, in the evening with wood scraps. When the fire was nice and hot he would close off the air going to the fire. In the morning he would start the engine on gas then switch to smoke by letting some air into the firebox and smoke into the engine. His workplace was only about 3 miles away. When he got to work he would shut off the smoke and air and load some wood scraps for the next days run. The fire remained hot and was good for about a day before needed more wood scraps. This system was not practical for long trips. He said a gallon of gas lasted more than a week. He said the process was developed in Germany to fuel larger trucks (10 wheelers) when normal fuel was not available.

After the disaster of Japan that has turned people against nuclear energy and the pressure from political parties Angela Merkel had no other option (elections approaching).

If I am correct nuclear power plants cover 21% of the needed energy.

The goal is to reduce consumption by 10%.

This leaves another 11% to be covered by either 'green' energy and mainly by natural gas imported from Russia.

The dilemma was nuclear or more dependence from Russia? If she made the right choice I cannot tell. Time will show.

I don't know how Germany plans to meet emission reduction targets now.

Cold fusion is fantasy right now, and until we get to second-generation fusion power plants (probably by the '70s or '80s) something needs to be producing clean energy. Nuclear's the only viable option for most countries.

Even worse than Germany, the Fukushima incident means that the chances of de-regulation of the American system are zero now. America needs to get off of coal, and fast, but the sheer number of obstacles in the way of development make private (or public, really) investment in nuclear power not worth the effort.

Yeah! All food would be sterilized!

But it might not be eatable. We might have to wait a long time between meals with the half life radiation problem.

For the time being I agree we do need Hot fusion generators.

I read or heard somewhere that the Cold Water Fusion Generators were about to go into production in Japan before the end of the year.

But the earth quake hit that plant and it may have slowed that CF project down. These generators were being designed to replace hot fusion reactors.

I hope it is not just a rumor.

I heard that GM food modification is being blamed for the so called e-coli out breaks. It started in Africa and is not hitting mostly Germany and elsewhere.

It is suspected that the DNA from two different types of genes were spliced together creating the problem.

I stopped eating GM foods two years ago after I planted some tomato seeds that I had saved from the year before.

Most of the seeds didn't produce anything. But one seed grew into a plant that looked like a tomato plant and produced 3.5 cm string beans.

But sometimes I can't really tell if the food I want to buy had its' DNA modified or not.

Cold fusion is complete fiction at this point. At this point, no one is even certain it actually exists. Therefore, we're not even close to figuring out how to pull it off, let alone how to reproduce it in a commercially viable way.

And I don't know what you're talking about re: the e-coli outbreak in Germany. It appears to just be a new strain of the bacteria, and might have been from imported fruit or vegetables.

And almost all foods are genetically modified. Modification was necessary for crops, fruits, and veggies to be domesticated in the first place.

Cold fusion is complete fiction at this point. At this point, no one is even certain it actually exists. Therefore, we're not even close to figuring out how to pull it off, let alone how to reproduce it in a commercially viable way.

And I don't know what you're talking about re: the e-coli outbreak in Germany. It appears to just be a new strain of the bacteria, and might have been from imported fruit or vegetables.

And almost all foods are genetically modified. Modification was necessary for crops, fruits, and veggies to be domesticated in the first place.

I've done some studies on cold fusion, before much of the information was removed from the internet. I was interested in the small suit case size possibility for running a car or house.

But, I felt there was a chance that it could run out of control and it needed a better kill switch. That it would stop working unexpectedly was also a problem. Not a paragon.

It is true that it was not well understood for why it even works. But that was 10 years ago and the Japanese development team has been mostly closed mouth during this time.

Of a number of Universities world wide, that replicated the Utah University experiment, all but one was successful in making it work.

Only MIT with many Hot Fusion grants, said Cold Fusion was a fraud. Since it was proven to work, was the word "fraud" being used to protect MIT grant money?

If it is true that Japan has solved the problems and plans to build a large unit, the Hot Fusion problems that they are experiencing, may be well served by installing Cold Fusion generators.

Today's news is full of falsehoods and fabrications. Since most world news and governments are controlled by a few people with hidden motives. It is nearly impossible to be well informed.

This morning I heard that this new strain of e-coli has been found in water and the washing of vegetables doesn't easily wash off any E-Coli. Only high heat kills it.

Also, that Russia has banded produce coming from Germany. And, it seems to be spread by people that fly between countries.

Yesterday's fingers were pointing at GM modification of e-coli DNA. Also that the first deaths happened in Africa and that Germany now had the biggest problem.

Now I make no sense from all this conflicting news. But then, do I trust what I hear on the news, which I don't fully trust.

DNA modification under a microscope is fairly new. In the past it was by selecting mutations that were more natural in nature. Two headed cows happened. Now man can make it happen.

We live in a world with continually changing and conflicting paradigms. Because of the greed and dishonesty of people I much prefer mother nature to make these decisions.

I need a source for the claim that other research teams have successfully replicated the Utah results. I was under the impression that the reason cold fusion is the new perpetual motion was because of the inability to reproduce the questionable results of the original experiments.

And I think your spiel about the state of journalism is grossly exaggerated. I think the 24-hour news cycle and the need to shape the politics of its presentation are bad things for the overall integrity and quality of news, but it's not like the BBC is being controlled by shadowy puppetmasters.

As for the e-coli outbreak, the people pointing fingers at genetically modified food (once again, a quite nebulous label) are uninformed, because as far as I know there's no clear source for the outbreak right now. The new strain itself is just probably a result of the bacterium's evolution.

No clear source yet. Time will show.

Regarding GM foods it is better to avoid them. Corporations are aiming to increase profit not quality/value of food they produce. And there is always the risk of side effects that might go undetected. Was it from a non profit organization, I would trust it more.

Regarding Cold Fusion I have already posted in dune2k forums. To summarize: Here in Greece a company is supposed to start mass production of cold fusion devices for home usage this or the next year. But their web page writes nothing at all about the project:

http://www.defkalion-energy.com/

(I wanted to drop at their offices and ask a few questions, as they are not far from my residence, but RL hinders me...)

The device will cost about 3000 - 3500 Euros and an extra 500 Euros per year for 'fuel'.

Either what you say or threatened by big oil companies and stopped the project

On the cost of Cold fusion: It does take electrical input to run the unit to get past unity. Some of the universites barely pasted unity, while other reached close to 100 time unity. I don't remember the exact numbers now.

I'm surprised the heavy water needed would cost that much . It could be produced on site for the cost of electricy to condition water into heavy water. All water contains a small amount of heavy water. (D2O)

The D stands for the hydrogen isotope deuterium. Heavy water is also used in nuclear reactors. It might be costly; But, there is a lot of energy in Hydrogen and Oxygen. A little will go a long ways.

I friend believes Cold Fusion is not practical. That there is no such thing as perpetual motion. He is very skeptical; but, I'm very optimistic. When Pons first discovered the Over Unity numbers, He also said that they were not possible. He repeated the experiment a number of times with the same results. More electricity was coming out of the process then he was putting into the process. He published the information and was chastized.

Tesler also was criticized for what he was able to achieve. We still don't know how Tesler achieved some of what he did. Whoever stole his records and equipment ,may know. That was 70 years ago. It has only been 10 years for Cold Fusion. Time will tell.

Sources for documentation. I know a lot was removed from the internet. I may still have the hard drive from the old computer I used.

I'm using my old living memory and it is less reliable each year. When I have more time I will see what I still have.

I knew a reporter who wrote a story that was not true. I went to the newspaper, knowing he worked late and asked him why he wrote what he did. He said if he refused he would lose his job. To his credit he quit that job. I have often used BBC to see if my news was the same. Often it was not. BBC is one of a few that I trust. I haven't followed BBC of late

We had a full day of sun today. Sunny days have been coming far and few between for the last 2 months. My vitamin D was free today. I have to keep my resistance up in case the super bug comes my way.

Super Bug? What do you mean?

-

Ni is needed for fuel:

62Ni + 1H -> 63Cu + Energy

I use super bug to mean anything that could cause major harm to a person. In this case E-coli.

I stopped my research on Cold Water Fusion when I discovered how costly the materials would be to construct a single unit for my own use. (without owning the patents) Gasoline was much cheaper.

Of course the control problem was also a major problem which I believe has been solved now.

What do you consider is the major fuel used, short term and long term, since there are a number of consumables?

Either what you say or threatened by big oil companies and stopped the project.

If oil companies had that much sway over scientists, everyone would be pretending the Earth isn't getting hotter. I mean, not even the American Association of Petroleum Geologists denies global warming is happening anymore.

We're talking about a potential fuel source that would have pretty much zero downside, that would instantly solve any energy crises, would be the single best thing to stop climate change. It would reap enormous financial benefits, a billion Nobel Prizes, and all the academic acclaim possible.

If it was viable, nothing would prevent its research. It's the same as perpetual motion right now. There's a reason why universities aren't interested in funding studies into it; they don't like throwing away money. Ditto for everyone else.

Since the guys I mentioned above stated to the press that each device will be sold for 3000 - 3500 Euro, may I guess that the actual cost to built one is much less, and will go down in a couple of years?

I do not have enough knowledge on the subject of cold fusion. Besides Ni (we have plenty of this here in Greece), has there been tested another metal?

Thank you for the site.

Question: Did you know about this site before or just discover it?

The site is new to me and includes some of the free energy devises I have been looked at.

PS: When Meyer was killed his brother put everything they were working on, on the net for free download. They had done extensive testing with documentation.

He ran his lawn mower, a dune buggy and a car on water. I have collected a couple of microwave Mega-trons and plan to build a unit.

I plan to use an old carburetor car, as I don't have the skill to build the computer needed for a modern car. With a clean burn I wouldn't need a smog free vehicle anyway.