PRP Issues

"The final countdown" was locked before I could post; since I have only one thing to say about it I'll post it here:

SORRY I AM NOT GOING TO PLAY IT 'GOOD BOY ' ANYMORE!

That made me laugh. Even more so because he probably doesn't understand what's wrong with this quotation himself.

For how long is he banned?

Not sure yet. He was banned for 2 weeks at end of May, he came back was ok, couldn't even make it 2 weeks back on forum and then this. So I wouldn't worry about when he will be back because you will probably forget by then.

Sad really, it would have been nice to have a Greek keep us intelligently informed on what is going on there.

Today the parliament voted for the "mid-term plan". Meanwhile there is a general strike; protesters are clashing with police at the centre of Athens - though it is argued that those clashes are set up by government/police. That is what is happening.

I 'm confident people are more or less familiar with Greece's situation. If someone really wants details I 'm sure they can dig them up from whichever source they deem reliable. As for us Greeks, there are greek forums on the internet and usually a relevant topic in the "general discussion" of each, so I don't see the need to make a spectacle of ourselves here.

• Upvote 1

I reread ath post and he says

"For the sake of the few members who want to discuss PRP seriously, get informed, and PMed me because they cannot post, I am obligated to reload the topic."

I don't remember any members being banned recently (that would want to read his thread), and the topic was only locked so anyone can view the contents of original thread. Really confusing.

I assume everyone can see/read locked threads?

I am sure that ath- will be back as soon as he is able to grasp and move forward from the severity of what is happening in Greece. He is, after all, at Ground Zero of the next phase of the collapse of the economic model of The West. You think it's bad in Athens, wait till next year or 2013, when it's happening in America. Who knows what kind of postings we Americans and border-transplants will all be putting up here?

Ath- is a great guy, with a big heart, kind words for people he knows, and a zeal for fiery speeches. I'm sure in a few days or weeks he will be back around with his usual accuracy in what he wants to say, and timely topic for us all to ponder and debate.

Ath- is a great guy, with a big heart, kind words for people he knows, and a zeal for fiery speeches. I'm sure in a few days or weeks he will be back around with his usual accuracy in what he wants to say, and timely topic for us all to ponder and debate.

Maybe he is, I'll take your word for it.

All I've seen from him suggests he's an obnoxious loudmouth.

Maybe he is, I'll take your word for it.

You shouldn't. Eras hasn't met Ath: he certainly hasn't had a beer with the dude and heard about his "life." Eras has had only and exactly the same experiences with Ath that you have. The only reason he thinks Ath has a "big heart" is because they nominally (Keyword: in name only) agree on the issue of religion and so he feels some loyalty out of pure selfish and personal bias. I would advise you not to give credit where credit isn't due: I've learned in the last year that this only promotes ignorant loudmouthing.

SpecPal: I'll write a report on Greece this week when I have some free time. I'm sure Ath would appreciate it.

Wolf, you really are something else. There are other ways to communicate other than this Forum, or me flying to Greece. My experiences with Ath have always been that he is a caring, kind individual, who lives at Ground Zero of the negative economic wave hitting Europe. Some of that manifests itself as frustration on the Forum.

Honestly, don't try to put words in my mouth about why I do things. You will never understand me, because you have chosen NOT to understand me or my motives.My motives are completely pure, and always will be. Everything I do or say, is for the common and individual good. I am happy, and want everyone else to be happy. Whether I am raising money for People of Color-only scholarships; or raising money to buy an ultra-sound machine so troubled, confused teen girls can see their unborn child before birth, or typing this sentence -- it is for the highest and common good. But you will never understand, because you have consciously chosen NOT to believe The Book.

But there is an element of sadness here, too. You seem to truly believe that what you're doing is "good". That it's "THE LORD'S WORK". Let me tell you something: I only ever went to church when I was made to once or twice as a kid, or when there was a wedding. I only sang hymns when it was part of the curriculum in my early school years. I stopped believing in God only shortly after I stopped believing in Santa Claus, and I was still a better Christian than you will ever be.

Everything you say and do goes so against the grain of what the Bible tries to teach. You are an evil thing, barely worth the attention you so dearly love to seek. Begone.

Now, lets all wait for eras to explain how a someone delivering a message about preventing suicide in children is "a bit off in their personal lives and personal beliefs."

Honestly, don't try to put words in my mouth about why I do things. You will never understand me, because you have chosen NOT to understand me or my motives.My motives are completely pure, and always will be. Everything I do or say, is for the common and individual good. I am happy, and want everyone else to be happy. Whether I am raising money for People of Color-only scholarships; or raising money to buy an ultra-sound machine so troubled, confused teen girls can see their unborn child before birth, or typing this sentence -- it is for the highest and common good. But you will never understand, because you have consciously chosen NOT to believe The Book.

Liar. You're a mockery of everything that Christ stood for.

EDIT: I mean, don't you get it? Do good works, don't brag about good works. You lack humility. Don't claim that you have pure motives, or that everything you do is for "the common good," because you're a human. That's impossible. You're not Christ. You're arrogant. Don't try to couch your patronizing, prejudiced views with terms like "People of Color" (you capitalized both words, you dimwit!)--it just makes you look even more racist. You're intolerant. For more than a year now, I've tried to explain to you--as Dragoon said, in nice terms, in neutral terms, and in cruel terms--and you absolutely refuse to listen. In fact, you're proud of the fact that you don't listen. You're spiteful. You claim to love your common man, yet refuse them some of the most basic courtesies. On every single level, you exemplify the precise opposite of what it means to be Christian. So shut up, and don't you dare try to talk like you know what it means to be Christian. Ever. Again. You don't know, and I don't think you ever will.

Dante/Wolf/Dragoon, relax and sit back, and let the soothing, artisitic voice of Stevie Nicks help you out. This is an especially good version of "Rooms on Fire" by Stevie Nicks without the synthesizer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbF-0Aiq7tI

Just because I don't approve of the gay life-style, stop trying to get me banned. Like I've said before, don't let it define our existence. Let's get past it already. I don't want to pass any laws.

Besides, look at me: Stevie, Britney, Cyndi, Lady G (I did post 'Poker Face'). As far as dancing, singing, and exercising to music; I am very tolerant, aren't I?

Not drop points, support arguments with evidence, not use non-sequiters, use correct English, not boast, not pretend that the opposition is saying something that they aren't, not euphemise everything, not lie, do research before posing an argument, admit mistakes, pay attention to opposing arguments...

That enough? Because I have more.

• 3 months later...

Wow. Just as a postscript. I have never seen such tragedy as the dissolution of the marriage of my best friend, ErasOmnius (E/O). Sudden and ferocious. Terrible for their children.

Seeing such, I have endeavored in my life to 'be right' less, and to be kind more. He and his wife were like to people who always had to be 'right', and now because of the cataclysm of their each being 'right'. They are each now completely alone, with teenage children crying.