PRP Issues

I know, leave Curt and I alone, and ath when he re-joins. Ignore us. By now I couldn't care less. Go post in your other threads. My best friend joined, and I have a good friend in Greece, I'm happy. Wolf, I don't care if you never acknowledge me, Curt, or ath again. Have a great time in a thread you may like. Let's see...there's a fine one about Psychotropy. Wolf, go ahead and post in it. Pretend ErasOm, TCurt1, & ath don't exist.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're such a little liar.

1. You claimed (either using "TheCurtOne" or "ErasOmnius") that you were taking a hiatus from the forum to "take care of your family." Clearly you're still keeping current enough to post in this thread within hours of others' contributions. Even assuming you aren't "TheCurtOne" you're still posting using "ErasOmnius." So, clearly, this whole "take care of your family" thing was an utter fabrication totally unrelated to anything that we were talking about. If you have to take care of business, then go do it. I don't want to hear about it. It doesn't change my views of you, or this argument... well, save for the extent to which it's just another irritating lie of yours that I need to sift through to try to have a decent argument with human beings.

2. I was pretty charitable above in (1). The truth is you are "TheCurtOne." I'm not really interested in how you fooled Edric initially: you claim to be a teacher, maybe you used a school computer. You seem to be really involved in your church, and I'm sure your church has some operational Internet technology. Maybe there's more truth in your lie than I'm giving you credit for, and there really was a real person who was willing to let you into their house to use their computer. Maybe he or she even posted once or twice. I don't care. Fundamentally, "TheCurtOne" posts in exactly the same style, regarding exactly the same arguments as "ErasOmnius." Even if you were different people, it wouldn't matter, because the range of ideas between you two totally overlaps. There's nothing new. There's no diversity of thought. Therefore, nothing can be added to the conversation. Well, except for my analysis that the handles "TheCurtOne," "ErasOmnius" and "DenisAtreides" are being operated by the same person. Speaking of which, let's look at that, shall we?

A. Motivation

"TheCurtOne" and "DenisAtreides" were conveniently registered when I began asking for increased moderation of PRP. You've known for a long time that many here find your views offensive, and further, that your incredibly frequent issue-dropping was a source of constant and profound irritation for everyone else who used PRP. Basically, I think you thought it was possible that "ErasOmnius" might get banned. Emphatically, that's not what I asked for in this thread. Emphatically, I did ask you to change your behavior. Instead, you did something that I find quite contemptuous: you registered or had friends register multiple new accounts so that you could continue that behavior. That's something a bratty child would do. It is. And that's the behavior that I and everyone else despises. In any event, it's just too convenient for your "friends" to register at this particular juncture. You've mentioned that you've had "friends" before (in fact, almost a year ago, I think), but they never registered. Why now? Why only when the stakes were raised that your original username might get banned did you decide to pitch the forum to others? No, the simpler explanation is that you hoped to evade moderation by creating sockpuppet accounts.

B. Posting Pattern

This could be broken down further into multiple sub-sub-parts, but I'll be brief. "ErasOmnius," historically, was always obsessed with homosexuality and abortion. He justified this obsession because of his adherence to "traditional views." Now, "TheCurtOne" is ostensibly a new person. "TheCurtOne" is also seemingly-obsessed with homosexuality and abortion because of his self-proclaimed adherence to "traditional views." His first posts on this forum consist of an argument that is fundamentally and stylistically identical to the arguments of "ErasOmnius." You can still talk about these things, you know? Those threads aren't closed. You can be honest about it and post using the handle the forum has come to know you by. If everyone disregards your arguments because they've been had and rejected already, well, tough luck. You lost. Stop being a bratty child. On the other hand, "DenisAtreides" is just a yes-man, and I think was created simply to confuse the forum as to the real origin of these usernames. It isn't used much, because I think ErasOmnius is busy using "TheCurtOne" and, increasingly, "ErasOmnius" again. The posting patterns of these accounts are just too convenient. For example, all three of them did post within 6-8 hours of each other when I first accused ErasOmnius of sockpuppeting. That was a little convenient, wasn't it? That actually brings me to my next point:

Of course, if these people really were his friends, he could prove me wrong by agreeing with them to engage in some substantial discussion in PRP. Three people cannot all have the same views, unless they've been brainwashed into a cult, and any robust discussion of an isssue will bring those differences out. End of the story! That's all that needs to be done! And when given this option, an option that encourages him to talk, he rejects it! Think about that, for a second! The scumbag that constantly accuses me of "gatekeeping" and "censorship" refuses an invitation to talk! This isn't hard: if you were telling the truth, and these people were your friends, then this would be really easy.

But isn't, is it? Is it too hard for ErasOmnius to drive to his church, then to his house, then to his school to maintain IP consistency while he feigns a conversation on PRP? I think that's absolutely the case.

As SandChigger used to say, "Pix or it didn't happen." I honestly don't care what handle you use, as long as you're consistent so I know who I'm talking to. The point of this, and my anger regarding it, is that you've done this precisely to avoid being moderated for behavior that you know is damaging to discussion and/or views that others find offensive. I find that supremely annoying. It's also a little pathetic. The kind of person who creates three usernames on a forum simply for the purpose of talking about himself (basically, there's no substance to your views on homosexuality or abortion, and the rest of us are sick of those conversations) really does need professional, psychological help.

[colour=#005FFF]It's become pretty evident that everything Wolf is saying is correct. Even if you're using different IP addresses, Eras, you're still a terrible actor. The first indicator that you were all the same person is your decision to make the usernames all very reminiscent of your own. "TheCurtOne" and "DenisAtreides" - both are multiple names contracted into one using capital letters to distinguish the individual words, just like your own. While this is by no means a certain sign of sock-puppetry, it was suspicious enough when the first of your alter-egos came on the scene. With the addition of the second, it was clear we were just dealing with you again.

Notice as well the meanings behind the names; a person called Curt, who is very curt with his views. Ha ha, it's funny because it's a double meaning. Except it's not. This is a classic example of what passes for humour with you. Next, "DenisAtreides" - hey, let's deflect the situation by talking about Dune! That's what your arguments tend to boil down to (amongst other platitudes and assorted bullshit, of course), so it seems perfectly logical that your third account would be designed as such. I've also noticed that, in a pitiful attempt to make your Curt account seem legitimate, you've taken on an avatar. That particular avatar makes me alert and suspicious on sight, as it happens, due to a previous poster who used it, so it helped me in identifying the language similarities between all three of you. The sentence structure, the poorly attempted changes in language and spelling ("#ell", for example) to try and differentiate yourselves. It's pathetic.

My suggestion to Edric (or Andrew) would be to perform a WHOIS check on all of Eras' IP addresses (and by that, I mean checking Eras, Curt and Denis) to determine just how far away from eachother they really are. Again, IP addresses aren't a surefire method of catching people like this out, but we can but hope that Eras has been stupid enough to make it this easy for us.

And finally, I agree; the only ways for you to prove us wrong, Eras, would be for you to have an argument with your "friends". Sit down of a night and post one after another. I don't doubt for a second that you're all the same person - it's just that I'm interested in seeing just how far you'll go to propogate a ruse that has already fallen flat on its face. I should get some popcorn; this is better than a deranged, middle-aged female any day.[/colour]

• Upvote 1

Of course, if these people really were his friends, he could prove me wrong by agreeing with them to engage in some substantial discussion in PRP.

Don't worry Wolf, I won't leave you. I'll always be here to debate you. I know that's what you want, deep down in.

Three people cannot all have the same views, unless they've been brainwashed into a cult, and any robust discussion of an isssue will bring those differences out. End of the story! That's all that needs to be done! And when given this option, an option that encourages him to talk, he rejects it! Think about that, for a second! The scumbag that constantly accuses me of "gatekeeping" and "censorship" refuses an invitation to talk! This isn't hard: if you were telling the truth, and these people were your friends, then this would be really easy.

Dont' worry Wolf, I'll always be here to keep you in line. I know you love it. But don't call me names. Besides, I told everyone I was only leaving for a time, My goal was a month, but I knew you'd want me back sooner.

But isn't, is it? Is it too hard for ErasOmnius to drive to his church, then to his house, then to his school to maintain IP consistency while he feigns a conversation on PRP? I think that's absolutely the case.

Hilarious. I am having fun reading your posts, for the first time in a long time. Driving around, like the road runner. beep beep.

As SandChigger used to say,

First of all, I want to thank Sandchigger for beating up on Brian and Kevin for writing nu-Dune. For years, I have defended the duo of evil, and their nu-Dune. While reading the negative material that is Winds of Dune, the dam broke, and I cold not agree with Sandchigger more, Brian Herbert is evil!

I honestly don't care what handle you use, as long as you're consistent so I know who I'm talking to. The point of this, and my anger regarding it, is that you've done this precisely to avoid being moderated for behavior that you know is damaging to discussion and/or views that others find offensive. I find that supremely annoying. It's also a little pathetic. The kind of person who creates three usernames on a forum simply for the purpose of talking about himself (basically, there's no substance to your views on homosexuality or abortion, and the rest of us are sick of those conversations) really does need professional, psychological help.

Read my posts from April and May. I constantly say, "I have done nothing wrong..." Because I am only sorry for anything that I posted that was too personal, and that's it. I am a person of the Christian right on social issues. Period. No compromise. Period. Look closely at Curt's views, Wolf, and you'll see the putridness of his belief in allowing 'civil unions'. He and I have been debating amongst ourselves about that issue amongst ourselves for the past 2 weeks. He's all for trade unions all of the time. I think government workers are bureaucrats, except for teachers, and that all of them should not be allowed to unionize.

I am making a great deal of money right now, focusing on my business. But soon, I'll be back posting full again, probably some time next week. And Curt will be here, too. Denis, who knows? Read his views. Do you really think his views are my views? Do you think I would call a female pop singer a MILF? Or his post about that he thinks that where-ever a male sticks his penis is okay, as long as a condom is worn. Babe picture of the Day? You think I believe that? Don't think so.

You know Wolf, I am also waiting for this great explosion of posts on the PRP. Have I been watching, sure, from time to time. But I see no great explosions of posts. I sincerely believe it is because of no new Dune movie, the 'Heroes' books by Brian & Kevin being negative-oriented, and no new computer games or mini-series. Not because of ol' ErasOmnius.

The person who is the Friend of Dante, who lives in Scotland: You know that I don't even acknowledge your presence, or your existence. Go ahead and write pages upon pages about me or my best friend, you are wasting your time. He may answer you, I won't.

But to the Great Writer of Scotland, I ask, what is your opinion?

That is absolutely one of the creepiest and most depraved post I've ever read. My only question, though, is why he chose to post it using "ErasOmnius?"

EDIT:

But to the Great Writer of Scotland, I ask, what is your opinion?

"Great Writer?" That's a little weird... (no offense, Dante) but hasn't Eras been kind of obsessed with Dante since... well, the beginning? How hilarious would it be if "he" were Hwi all along? To be honst, I've never been able to understand why some brain-damaged bumpkin would keep harassing the posters of this forum, but Hwi always had a personal stake in that. And she did hate gays. She was obsessed with them, come to think of it...

You know what, Edric (or Andrew), whenever you do get around to investigating the IP addresses of Eras and his sockpuppets, throw Hwi into the mix as well. Just in case. It's been a while, and I'm sure she's long since acquired a new IP address, but if her old posting location is even geographically close to Eras' I'm willing to bet that it's her. If it is... well, at this point she's acted creepily/obsessively enough to secure a restraining order. That would be fun.

C'mon, Wolf. Why don't you address the differences in mine and Curt's beliefs? Is it because you will look like the 'county idiot' when you finally realize that we do not believe the same? Or Denis and mine's beliefs? Night and day. C'mon Wolf, really now, address mine and Denis's beliefs. It's only the 6 of us, again. It's back down to you, me, Curt, ath, Dante, & Dragoon. Address what you brought up.

"Great Writer of Scotland"? That is a bit over the top. I'm me, and not EO, or Denis. I know EO is not Hwi (who is chatfish, right?). Seems like a bunch of people need some time off from the Dune2k forum. Instead of everyone trying always to claim that we are not ourselves, why don't we post what we believe.

Hey Wolf, try to put some emotion in your posts. You're a bit dry when you talk about topics like our abortion debate. You didn't talk about the women and their needs, and such & such like that. You got all sidetracked with me being EO.

You will find that Wolf doesn't really like to debate issues of the Dune PRP Forum like he claims to want to. He has spent the last week talking about how similar we are, Curt. How just exactly a-like we are, and no one could tell our views apart. That we are clones! That's it!

The 'Great Writer' comment. Dante is a better writer than I am. That's saying a great deal. So I know he hates when I mention him by name, so I have developed different titles for him: Great Writer, Non-Comrade/Non-Friend, Friend & Comrade. Each one that I use he then tells me with disdain how he hates them. But please Gang, tell me more about Hwi. Someone made mention of someone going to Europe and following a member around, was it her? Don't leave any "juicy" details out.

I suppose now that the weekend's rolled around, I have some time to waste. Sorry I left you alone for a while Wolf, apparently I don't have your fortitude.

Firstly though, thanks to Eliyyahu for the support. It's actually nice to know that the troika isn't alone here.

And going back a page, the suggestions were appreciated Denis, but this isn't that kind of place. You may have noticed, we're not that interested in attracting new blood, just in retaining the old.

Curt, a while ago I told eras to stop calling me "friend." Indeed, I've been telling him to stop refering to me by descriptors ("Scottish person," "fellow machine crusade avatar") for some time now. He might think it's polite or flattering, I don't know and don't care, but he's persistantly ignored my instructions to stop doing it. This is just the latest in a long string of "anything to avoid refering to him by name." In fact it's just another symptom of his complete inability to comprehend anything we say, but that's neither here nor there.

In my more cynical moments I think it might be because he doesn't want to acknowledge that I'm actually a real person rather than a collection of easily digested characteristics. Or may he doesn't respect me enough to use my name. That's certainly why I called him eracist. Well, that and because he's a racist.

Or perhaps, as I've said all along, he's just too stupid to change. *shrug*

But speaking of eras, is it just me or is he acting a bit unstable now? Think something must have ruffled his feathers. He's trying to mock, trying to patronise, trying to... is that a smidge of beige coloured anger I see? Well, it makes a change from narcissistic platitudes I suppose, that's... well not progress, but it's a change.

I wonder, does he think he's going to colonise the forum with people who can stand him, thus driving the rest of us out in disgust? Yay, delusion!

To be honest, I'm not convinced that eras is Curt or Denis. Not because they aren't similar (they are, and the phrasing in some recent posts is very suspicious), but because I just don't think eras is smart enough to pull something like that off. Having said that, Wolf is correct when he says that the only way to prove this one way or the other would be for all three to engage in an internal debate upon which they disagree. The Union thread might prove to be that disagreement, if it takes off. Either that or we can go back to the gays again. Always the gays with these people.

Nor am I convinced that Hwi is masquerading as eras, though it is pretty hilarious to contemplate. Dragoon and I have discussed it before, but frankly, demented as she was, Hwi had some smarts. They were very specific and narrowly applied smarts, true, but smarts nevertheless. eras doesn't have any. At all.

"You know that I don't even acknowledge your presence, or your existence."

You realise that by talking to him, you void this statement? Just sayin'.

My opinion, eras? I think you should fuck off and leave us in peace. :)

Edit: It's kind of funny, in a really tragic way, that eras can accuse Wolf of not wishing to debate anything. I mean irony doesn't even begin to cover it.

• Upvote 1

My opinion, eras? I think you should fuck off and leave us in peace. :)

I can't believe you would say something like this. It really hurts me to read this posting. But I'm glad you said it if that is how you feel; now my friend who was lecturing me in May about this Forum, can actually see how things really are. How the guy he considers a nice person, me, a good Christian leader, father, businessman; can be so vilified constantly, just for stating my opinions.

As we have said before, constantly, repeatedly, ad nauseum: it is not your (highly distasteful) opinions we most strongly object to, it's your inability to maintain reasonable standards of debate and base ignorance of anything and everything. We do not like you, eras, how many times does it have to be said?

And no amount of insipid banalities will change that.

As we have said before, constantly, repeatedly, ad nauseum: it is not your (highly distasteful) opinions we most strongly object to, it's your inability to maintain reasonable standards of debate and base ignorance of anything and everything. We do not like you, eras, how many times does it have to be said?

And no amount of insipid banalities will change that.

Well, I'm back. I'm sure ath will be back soon. Others are here. We've all had our say on this Thread for the last two months. So...

So... what? Let bygones be bygones? Have a "fresh start?" Aha, no, though the thought is amusing in its ridiculousness.

Couldn't even last a month, could you?

Edit: Oh god, ath, this just gets funnier and funnier.

So, now that you're back, what's gonna happen to the "TheCurtOne" username? In the meantime, let me take random selections of your posts and tell you all the ways they're broken.

Is it because you will look like the 'county idiot' when you finally realize that we do not believe the same?

1. I said "country bumpkin," not "idiot," usage of quotation marks is inappropriate.

2. I don't think you're two different people, I think you're the same person, so I think that you have one set of beliefs and anything Curt says is just a smokescreen, at times, to cover for you by seeming to disagree, and at other times, allowing you to advance your general belief set. Another reason I'm convinced you're the same person is because Curt isn't saying anything about his beliefs, at least, not specifically. He claims to be conservative, on some level, but it's "ErasOmnius" that points to specifics--often, before they're even said! That's bizarre. I mean, that's basically proof right there!

You will find that Wolf doesn't really like to debate issues of the Dune PRP Forum like he claims to want to.

1. This is the most recklessly dishonest thing I think you've ever said. That's saying a lot, given your long and proud history of bearing false witness. I think it's funny how you try to lecture people about godliness, yet consistently defy God's admonition against lying. It's downright proud of you.

2. No, but seriously, I haven't just tried to debate with you, I've tried to teach you how to debate.

3. This statement is a good example of yet another reason why I think you've been sockpuppeting. It betrays a very intimate level of knowledge about the current conversation. Yet, you claim to have been absent for the past several weeks? Naturally, I suppose you could have been observing and resisting the urge to post, but, given your history and what I know of human nature that's highly unlikely.

And finally:

7:37 PM to 8:25 PM = 48 minutes. (Eras to Curt)

8:25 PM to 10:17 PM = 1 hour 52 minutes. (Curt to Eras)

It looks like your best time so far is 48 minutes. If you can have a discussion between your two handles with posts no more than 20 minutes apart, then I'll be impressed. Let's say, at least 10 posts total. That lets you each get at least 5 paragraphs in and gives you ample reading time. Well, son, get to it!

No evidence that eras/curt/denis are the same user.

Maybe they are (and good at hiding it), or maybe they are just friends in reality (doesn't seem to matter to some users anyway). I would think if eras was super trolling he would have created accounts that are not linked to himself as friends (just random people who agree with him). By him saying his friends are joining it allows people who don't like him to automatically know about the accounts as people they will not like.

I'm not sure why eras/curt/denis should be forced to have a conversation/debate with each other to prove they are 'real' (if it was just one person, then it can be faked anyway). Not sure why they all have to be online at exact same time, should they phone/email each other beforehand and set a time?

Leaving this thread open for now, so people can complain about whatever. Don't bring it into other threads.

• Upvote 3

Not only does Eras show he has been paying attention one way or another, but Curt has an intimate knowledge of things long before his time. The thing Eras doesn't seem to get is the differences in belief between him and Curt are not credible because of reasonable suspicion, and an unwillingness to flesh out these differences in actual debate. I know many good Christians, and I don't think any of them would exploit their good deeds on a message board as Eras has done here, nor go on the attack as Eras has here, yet they perfectly manage to get their beliefs across without compromising. This is something Hwi did as well. They have not been positive examples of Christianity, and it has little to do with their beliefs. I think Eras lacks the credibility to be believed in the things he says about himself in his main account, let alone possible other accounts. Whatever disagreements I have with Ath, I think he says what he is, says what he believes, and doesn't put up a front.

7:37 PM to 8:25 PM = 48 minutes. (Eras to Curt)

8:25 PM to 10:17 PM = 1 hour 52 minutes. (Curt to Eras)

It looks like your best time so far is 48 minutes. If you can have a discussion between your two handles with posts no more than 20 minutes apart, then I'll be impressed. Let's say, at least 10 posts total. That lets you each get at least 5 paragraphs in and gives you ample reading time. Well, son, get to it!

And if I don't as you say, you'll ignore me? If so, then I accept you ignoring me. I'll go off into my little threads that I like; the war in Libya, the way in Iraq, the war in Afghanistan, the upcoming war in Syria; eastern Mediterranean and Greek issues. And you can post in the threads that you allegedly like, like Psychopathy, and things like that. C'mon Wolf, go ahead, have a great time with your 'friends' posting in Psychopathy, and stuff like that. Because I think Edric had the right idea a while back, about us ignoring each others favorite Threads, or something of the sort. I know you vehemently protested, but I would like to try it. Have a great time with your 'friends' Wolf, please ignore me.

Not only does Eras show he has been paying attention one way or another, but Curt has an intimate knowledge of things long before his time. The thing Eras doesn't seem to get is the differences in belief between him and Curt are not credible because of reasonable suspicion, and an unwillingness to flesh out these differences in actual debate. I know many good Christians, and I don't think any of them would exploit their good deeds on a message board as Eras has done here, nor go on the attack as Eras has here, yet they perfectly manage to get their beliefs across without compromising. This is something Hwi did as well. They have not been positive examples of Christianity, and it has little to do with their beliefs. I think Eras lacks the credibility to be believed in the things he says about himself in his main account, let alone possible other accounts. Whatever disagreements I have with Ath, I think he says what he is, says what he believes, and doesn't put up a front.

I care about what you say, Eliyyahu, because God has a special relationship with your people. The best I can hope for in life is to be a spiritual Jew. The person that I consider to be the Messiah, the Second Person or Aspect of God, chose to be permanently incarnated as a Jew. The second person of God is a Jew, and will always be one, so I am listening to you. To answer your question, Curt and I have alot of differences; on many issues. I am a hard line on moral issues, and he is not. He is a hard line 'union guy', I am the opposite. He thinks that participating in politics can change America, I think the Powers are in control and manipulating us. He thinks that taxes should be raised to 'European' levels to provide a 'social welfare' state, I do not. As we both post together, I'm sure differences will be seen. When I decided in May to not post for a month, I visited the Forum, talked to Curt about the Forum, and really, didn't leave, so I guess I did not keep my promise to him and others. That is definitely something for me to think about.

And if I don't as you say, you'll ignore me? If so, then I accept you ignoring me. I'll go off into my little threads that I like; the war in Libya, the way in Iraq, the war in Afghanistan, the upcoming war in Syria; eastern Mediterranean and Greek issues. And you can post in the threads that you allegedly like, like Psychopathy, and things like that. C'mon Wolf, go ahead, have a great time with your 'friends' posting in Psychopathy, and stuff like that. Because I think Edric had the right idea a while back, about us ignoring each others favorite Threads, or something of the sort. I know you vehemently protested, but I would like to try it. Have a great time with your 'friends' Wolf, please ignore me.

I mean, I think it's bad to have a policy where antagonists are expected to ignore each other's threads, but if you don't want to talk, then I can't make you. I'm totally fine with that.

Nevertheless, I'm still convinced you're sockpuppeting. I think Eliyyahu brings up a good point: you lack the credibility now because your past behavior has been so unscrupulous. I don't take what you say at face value--why should I? I have even less of a reason to take what you say at face value when your behavior is, on its face, suspcious. I suppose the only thing I don't quite understand at the moment is why the mods seem so willing to take you at face value. I guess they just haven't been reading the posts all that closely. It's kind of ironic, on many levels.

On the other hand, I think Andrew may bring up a worthy question: why does it matter [if he sockpuppets]? It only matters if you do something that's worthy of a temp-ban or worse, and you then use the sockpuppets effectively to evade being moderated when your prime account is sanctioned. If you behave like a normal person, then it makes no difference what account you post under. In this case, I think you created other accounts precisely because you sensed an increased willingness on the part of the forum to moderate your behavior. Therefore, I think it's highly unlikely that you have any good faith reason for maintaining multiple accounts. That's the gist of the argument.

Also, this:

I care about what you say, Eliyyahu, because God has a special relationship with your people.

... is highly inappropriate.

I apologize for being away once more, but I did mention that I would have to continue taking breaks from posting at random intervals due to real-life commitments. Wolf, I'd like to continue our debate as soon as I can.

In the mean time, regarding the whole Eras/Curt issue: The fact is that Eras and Curt have entirely different IP addresses. They don't even share the same host. So, unless Eras went to an extraordinary amount of trouble to construct a second identity, it's safe to say that he and Curt are two different people.

Wolf, just use Occam's Razor. What is more likely: that Eras went to the trouble of creating a new account from a computer that he never used before when he could have just continued posting using his old username instead... or that he simply got a friend who shares his views to join the forums?

• Upvote 1

You make it sound like he rented an apartment in another state so he could buy a new computer and have it hosted from a totally different ISP. It doesn't have to be a computer he's never used before, it just has to be a computer he's never posted to this forum from before. I don't think that's extraordinarily difficult, and I think his behavior, historically, has been extraordinarily weird. All things being equal, I'd agree with you, but things are not equal. This isn't totally implausible. Besides, doesn't each post have its own posted-from IP address? How hard is it to compare them?

All things being equal, I'd agree with you, but things are not equal. This isn't totally implausible.

It is not totally implausible, but it is far less likely than the alternative: that Eras simply asked for help from a friend whose political views he knows to be close to his own.

Besides, doesn't each post have its own posted-from IP address? How hard is it to compare them?

Yes, they do have individual IP stamps, and I did compare them. None of Curt's posts come from an IP address that shares an ISP with Eras.

• Upvote 1

Keep on going, Wolf...keep on going...fantastically wonderful to watch...

You find it hard to believe that I have a friend at all, let alone someone who has some views similar to me. That is really all that Curt's views are, similar to mine. But all you see is how they are exactly like mine, even though they are different.

Hate to bring up male homosexuality, but I have to, since it seems to be THE lynchpin around here. So for example, Curt actually believes in these compromises that exist in the US, "civil unions" they are called. Two men can live as husband and husband in an open or closed 'relationship', share property, share other 'things', share estates, and it is all perfectly legal. Everyone is so-called happy. You see, I don't like it, it seems like an 'easy' way out. Too convenient. If there is nothing wrong with male homosexuality, then why not let two men get married? Curt's already posted about it, and may in the next couple of days, so he can explain himself.

But Wolf, if it's any consolation to you, we have been disagreeing about this over the past few days, but I cannot get him to shake his belief. And Wolf, you can trust me when I say that I have not been arguing with myself in the mirror. So that's how it is, I see mine and Curt's differences on the issue as huge, but what do you see, Wolf? I will tell you what you see. You see Curt as not fully accepting male homosexuality. Because unless Curt kowtows 100% to your beliefs about this issue, any issue; then he must be my 'sockpuppet'. So what does that mean, anyone whomever tries to join this Forum, and doesn't fully accept, no embrace, male homosexuality, is going to be lambasted by you as a fraud? That is probably 70% of the population of America.

On abortion, our views are very similar, and he is very animated about the issue. Definitely an old-time Democrat on the issue. But I believe that life begins at conception, he believes at implantation. So I am very much anti-birth-control pills, because they have an abortifacient property to them. He doesn't--another compromise. But we both believe that surgical 'abortion' should be illegal. So here comes the wrath of Wolf.

Is everyone who disagrees with you going to get the 'Wolf treatment' when they join? How many member casualties have you racked up on this Forum, Wolf? Hwi, Servant, whom else over the years? How many members have you driven away because we won't bow down to your beliefs? Not me, not this one. And big deal, I love to sit here and expound on my views, and I have been for a year. Curt is simply just not that into posting like I am. I sit behind a desk all day at a business I co-own with my mother-in-law, or lecture people in a classroom, or volunteer at a shelter. He works in a factory, has kids, and doesn't have free time.

Anyway, not sure why I keep explaining myself, when there are 3 Wars in the Middle East, soon to be 4 Wars, to be posting about.

Yes, they do have individual IP stamps, and I did compare them. None of Curt's posts come from an IP address that shares an ISP with Eras.

I think you're missing my point. I'm not saying that there should be overlap, I'm saying that he's probably using public access terminals. Can you tell what the ISP is and who it's registered to? I don't know how this necessarily works, but I think Chigger's been able to determine whether morons using his blog have been covering their tracks by posting from public access. (Let me be clear: I don't want to know any private information, or any specific information about identity, I just want to know whether the other two accounts are posting from inconsistent locations or public access locations, not necessarily locations that overlap with "Eras.")

But Wolf, if it's any consolation to you, we have been disagreeing about this over the past few days ...

Then why aren't you disagreeing about it here? Don't say you'll disagree, disagree--my God, it's exactly the same lesson I had to teach "Curt." See? This is why I actually believe that sockpuppeting is the most logical explanation. No two people are so similarly boneheaded.

Hate to bring up male homosexuality ...

No, you don't.

... but I have to ...

That's how obsession works.

... since it seems to be THE lynchpin around here.

Only for you. Seriously, Eras, I have said absolutely nothing that indicates that my belief of your sockpuppeting "Curt" (and "Denis," but you don't post from that as much) arises from his "not fully embracing male homosexuality." That's ridiculous--to put it lightly. It's extremely clear that my belief arises from the similarity in the behavior of the two accounts, and the seeming trade-off between "his" activity and yours. I seem to be dealing with one, or the other of you, and I seem to be dealing with one, or the other of you, in exactly the same way. This thread was always about your "behavior," including your obsession with "male homosexuality." Honestly, while I do want to stand by the principle of rational discourse, I have to stand with Dante on this one: if you're going to argue by putting words in people's mouths, then fuck off.

Which reminds, Edric, I don't think you've done the due diligence on this. I can't help but you think you haven't read a word that I, Dragoon, or Eliyyahu have said, and I think your assessment is, frankly, ill-informed. I'm sorry to be so dense about this, but if it makes you feel better, it isn't just because I personally believe it so strongly, but it's because a lot of the forum (and not just most of the Triumvirate) also seems to believe it. I think if you confirm that these three posters are all coming consistently from separate private residences, a lot of people are going to be surprised.

EDIT: P.S.

Is everyone who disagrees with you going to get the 'Wolf treatment' when they join? How many member casualties have you racked up on this Forum, Wolf? Hwi, Servant, whom else over the years?

Actually, none. It was never my goal to get rid of any of you--even Ath. I just wanted his behavior to change, which it did. End of story. To be fair, for someone who claims to understand this forum a lot, you really don't. When I've felt that the atmosphere of the board was too hostile, in the past, I posted about it and tried to change it. Now, though, the forum seems to tolerate your absolutely infuriating refusal to engage in rational conversation. I mean, look at your last post, you just brought up "male homosexuality" for the thousandth time (even though you've never explained why it has to be "male"), and made a bunch of irrelevant accusations. That's what we hate. Stop doing that. Argue like an adult. You never do, and I'm beginning to think you never will, so, yeah, maybe Dante is right.

Also, I also don't take responsibility for Hwi--I wasn't the prime player in that game, I think that had more to do with her obsessive relationship with one of the other members of the board. I don't remember what happened to Servant, and frankly, I dont really remember ever arguing with him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think you're missing my point. I'm not saying that there should be overlap, I'm saying that he's probably using public access terminals. Can you tell what the ISP is and who it's registered to? I don't know how this necessarily works, but I think Chigger's been able to determine whether morons using his blog have been covering their tracks by posting from public access. (Let me be clear: I don't want to know any private information, or any specific information about identity, I just want to know whether the other two accounts are posting from inconsistent locations or public access locations, not necessarily locations that overlap with "Eras.")

There is NOTHING that shows ip address problems. They are not completely random (which would show proxy). Sure maybe he is posting from public library (or some hotspot) for each account (different location per account), but there is no way to tell. The IPaddresses are consistent. Even my ipaddress changes about once every two weeks at least, so just because ipaddress does change from time to time doesn't automatically mean posting from public places. Can we drop the whole ipaddress issue? If there are problems with it we will look into it (send a message to mods if you have evidence about anyone, not public).

I don't really have the resources to determine if an IPaddress is coming from an exact location and then try to tie the 3 locations together by following eras around where he lives to see if he shows up at those locations.

• Upvote 1