'Christian' religions must be banned Immediately.

WARNING Very shocking material:

Five people from Kenyan village Kisii Nyamataro were slowly burned alive because they were suspected of witchcraft. Translation -- they did not acknowledge Jesus Christ as their God. The five young people, both men and women were beaten with sticks and set on fire to slowly roast while other villagers, including priests watched the spectacle...

Burning humans in Kenya

I suggest all religions involved should be immediatelly banned worldwide, their property burned to ashes and supporters either exterminated or led to concentration camps if they do not renounce their evil and twisted faith.

[colour=#005FFF]What.

Just... what?

I mean, big red letters with sensationalist statements, I get. Coming from you, that's practically status quo. Then there's your typical RSS feed nonsense, copying and pasting news from various websites in order to create a new thread that no-one cares about.

But what?![/colour]

I suggest all religions involved should be immediatelly banned worldwide, their property burned to ashes and supporters either exterminated or led to concentration camps if they do not renounce their evil and twisted faith.

[colour=#005FFF]What.

Just... what?

I mean, big red letters with sensationalist statements, I get. Coming from you, that's practically status quo. Then there's your typical RSS feed nonsense, copying and pasting news from various websites in order to create a new thread that no-one cares about.

But what?![/colour]

I'd have to agree.

Remember when communist Russia killed millions? Therefore Communism and atheists should be banned and have their property burned and killed.

So essentially athanasios is against humanity.

• Upvote 1

Remember when communist Russia killed millions?

"Communist" Russia? First of all, the Soviet Union never even claimed to have achieved communism. Second, it was the Stalin regime in particular, rather than the USSR in general, that killed millions (Khrushchev never did anything like that, for example).

But I agree with the point you are trying to make, which is that if some members of a group committed some crime, that does not justify persecuting other members of that group. It certainly does not justify mass murder of that group.

Athanasios: Calm down. I can find you members of any religion, non-religion, political ideology, ethnic group, etc. that committed atrocities just as bad as the one you mentioned. If we applied your standards consistently, we'd have to kill everyone in the world.

• Upvote 1

But I agree with the point you are trying to make, which is that if some members of a group committed some crime, that does not justify persecuting other members of that group. It certainly does not justify mass murder of that group.

Yep, that was my point.

Remember 9/11->Muslims? etc.

I'd try not to be so dramatic athanasios, this stuff has been happening for thousands of years. If this had not happened in a poor/corrupt country, might be worth a read. Back when Islam cartoon controversy were drawn, lots of people in Africa were attacked for their religion.

• Upvote 1

Happening for thousands of years isn't a valid reason to not putting an end to it. If members of the same faith with you (you not personal-it applies to all of us) commit crimes and you do not separate yourself from them you are equally guilty.

It is sad that in these forums some seek to twist the words of those they disagree with.

Sharp and clear:

Those who committed those crimes (besides any legal action taken against them-that is the responsibility/part of the state) should be immediately removed from the denominations they belong (excommunicated or whatever else word is appropriate). If they are not, it means that their religious leaders are equally responsible. And those who follow such religious leaders are equally guilty. This doesn't mean that we have to kill everyone on earth. Those who renounce such a course and such religious leaders would have nothing to fear.

I am very surprised how some people here have forgotten about Rwanda and how many major Christian denominations are responsible for that blood bath and still go unpunished...

People who call themselves Christians, may or may not be Christians. Especially if a person advocates any type of violence or mayhem in the name of Jesus Christ. We are definitely not to seek to kill anybody whom we disagree with, or want them any harm. Sometimes the hardest heart can only be won over with love and kindness. I will skip a Shelter story, even though I have a multitude of such stories that would be appropriate right now.

I think what ath means is that so-called Christians should repent of killing anybody; but especially if people do not convert, they should definitely not be killed in any way by someone who claims to be an elder of God. That is so wrong and illogical, and just a power trip to those doing the burning.

. . Five people from Kenyan village Kisii Nyamataro were slowly burned alive because they were suspected of witchcraft. Translation -- they did not acknowledge Jesus Christ as their God. . . Burning humans in Kenya

The "translation" seems to be strictly the opinion of YEBANDAMERZE from the link you provided. From other websites it doesn't follow that anyone was killed due to not acknowledging Christianity.

From the BBC: 'Witches' burnt to death in Kenya

From Rueters: Mob burns to death 11 Kenyan "witches"

Come now ath, you titled the topic "'Christian' religions must be banned Immediately." Are you going to stand by that, or let other people tell you what you think?

It had just occurred to me that maybe the title should be changed to something less provocative - out of common sense, you know. What would people who might come here think about us when they see such a thread in a section dedicated to politics, religion and philosophy (at least, in the name)? Someone will probably expect other threads with titles like "Burn them heretics!" or whatever. Before, even when we had discussions about burning heretics, the titles, at least, were much less potentially offensive.

Other than that, the atrocity that prompted the OP is just monstrous :(

Hm, I leave it to SandChigger to decide for the title. He has not posted for a while.

The "translation" seems to be strictly the opinion of YEBANDAMERZE from the link you provided. From other websites it doesn't follow that anyone was killed due to not acknowledging Christianity.

So do you imply that the murderers were not Christians? Does it matter more the reason they murdered their fellowman or the murder itself?

The "witches" targeted tended to be the elderly and the people (animals?) responsible were students from a secondary school as per the following source;

Kenyan Newspaper: Sunday Nation, "Who will stop the madness?"

From this and other sources the motives for this atrocity may've included robbery since the elderly were easy targets for the youths to prey upon.