Forum Move

Gobalopper

We've moved the forums to what the main Dune2k.com site uses to help cutdown on spam and some issues we were having. If you have any questions just let me know.

As I learn about the newness of this site and what I can safely do, I will start removing the double and triple posts, at least those made this year by the move.

Thanks Gwizz, I'm going to see if I can find a way to automate the removal of the double posts but haven't found a way yet. The other think I noticed is that a lot of Hawk's posts didn't seem to get attributed to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gwizz, I'm going to see if I can find a way to automate the removal of the double posts but haven't found a way yet. The other think I noticed is that a lot of Hawk's posts didn't seem to get attributed to him.

Hawk seems to be having a problem with registration. It took me a couple of tries to sign in when I first registered. I think it is just different.

He wants me to delete his two names. I have not yet tried to remove anyone. Not sure why Hawk can't delete his names. I'll watch for a cause.

This site seems to be working correctly. I've been very busy and have not tried to removed any of the double posts as yet.

Hawk seems upset with me when I stated: I thought he was closing the RT2 part of his site. So far RT2 is still in place at his site.

There has been no intent to steer anyone away from has site as he stated. He has a good site. undecided.gifundecided.gifundecided.gif

We've moved the forums to what the main Dune2k.com site uses to help cutdown on spam and some issues we were having. If you have any questions just let me know.

Wow... is that why everything's so fast now?! :)

This is my first login since... who knows when! ... and the site load time is BLAZING now compared to what it was back then. Good job!

Now if there was just something interesting to read and reply to!

About Dune, I mean. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gwizz, I was on vacation and just got back. Do you know if Hawk has figured out his login problems?

I'm not sure, but I believe his last comments on a PM were that he was successful in removing his two names.

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had a problem, first time: the new site seemed to have not gotten my old password. The correction system works- (just hit "forgot password", which I didn't by the way), and I just now changed it back to the same old password. rolleyes.gif

edit 6/8: I thought I would help remove some of my trebled posts, but members can't delete their own? Is this a global option admin can set for members or does this software not allow it- which puts the whole burden on staff. If so, sorry to hear it.

Edit 6/8.2 aologies- not used to this new (and very black) board- reached for "reply" and hit the minus sign by mistake. Now what did I break? huh.gif

Edited by MisterHinton

• 2 weeks later...

I was finally successful in registering under a new name, since I couldn't log in under my old name.

I even sent Jessie an email asking for help with my old name from the contact page of the web site, but never heard back from him.

Oh well! I'll just use this name from now on.

I just sent you a PM. Seems to work now. undecided.gif

NOPE. :( Your send got to my box alright, and when I hit "reply" the test reply seemed to go out to you OK, but when I "compose new" I still get a box that says :

(big red !) then: The following errors were found

The member Gwizz cannot receive any new messages

This personal message has not been sent

I know the "TO" must be right; I mean gee whizz how many "Gwizz" are there anyway... BUT I know it knew to send to you because a dropdown appeared that confirmed to: "Gwizz (forum staff)"

So, I can "reply" but can't send a fresh one. Weird!

I hit New Compose; filled in the name Gwizz (which it confirmed knowing who I meant, as said), left the "invitations" box alone; put a few words in the subject line, and then the message in the box (very short for me, by the way), and hit send. I've tried three times. ??? I can't figure out where I'm goofing up, if its me?

Edit: just picked JayEff at random (hope he doesn't mind) and the Pm was followed by a "message sent" box.

Edit 2: Sent one to Gobalopper in case this is a staff effect; it said it was sent; tried you again Gwizz - same block and messages as before (above). Do you have me personally blocked somehow? cry.gif

BTW I work weekends so I won't see anything until Monday now, sorry. Can't get online there.

Edited by MisterHinton

I received one PM from you and replied to it with a second PM to you. Does that mean replies work but new PM posts do not work?

I've made no changes to the board as I'm still learning how to manage it. I'll look at the board's profile again to see if all member profiles are the same. They should be the same.

As I said in my last PM to you, I'm still trying to figure out why the attachment limit can't be reduced when attachments are removed. I've not yet reached the limit myself.

It could be that on this site members can attach maps directly to the map pages and the forum was not intended as a place to attach maps.

NOPE. :( Your send got to my box alright, and when I hit "reply" the test reply seemed to go out to you OK, but when I "compose new" I still get a box that says :

(big red !) then: The following errors were found

The member Gwizz cannot receive any new messages

This personal message has not been sent

I know the "TO" must be right; I mean gee whizz how many "Gwizz" are there anyway... BUT I know it knew to send to you because a dropdown appeared that confirmed to: "Gwizz (forum staff)"

So, I can "reply" but can't send a fresh one. Weird!

I hit New Compose; filled in the name Gwizz (which it confirmed knowing who I meant, as said), left the "invitations" box alone; put a few words in the subject line, and then the message in the box (very short for me, by the way), and hit send. I've tried three times. ??? I can't figure out where I'm goofing up, if its me?

Edit: just picked JayEff at random (hope he doesn't mind) and the Pm was followed by a "message sent" box.

Edit 2: Sent one to Gobalopper in case this is a staff effect; it said it was sent; tried you again Gwizz - same block and messages as before (above). Do you have me personally blocked somehow? cry.gif

BTW I work weekends so I won't see anything until Monday now, sorry. Can't get online there.

Edit 6/8.2 not used to this new (and very black) board- reached for "reply" and hit the minus sign by mistake. Now what did I break? huh.gif

Aha, look to the bottom where there's a drop-box containing "FED 2k", "IP.Board" etc. Select IP.Board.

The "Fed 2k" style would be more readable with slightly bolder/brighter fonts (on my screen).

Huzzah! While researching forum profiles, I ran into "Manage Attachments". It shows me all of my uploads in all threads. I'm going to delete a couple and compress images.

BTW, Can a moderator raise the 5 MB quota? 5 MB isn't much these days.